PDA

View Full Version : Mole Removal

Speed_69
01-07-2009, 03:34 PM
Anybody know anywhere that removes moles or things like birth marks?

Any idea how much it approximately costs?

adam c
01-07-2009, 03:39 PM
your dr. can do it

depends if you want it cut out or frozen
i had a couple frozen off, hurts pretty good

Eleanor
01-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Rodenator

GQBalla
01-07-2009, 04:00 PM
Yeah adam c has it right -

you depending what kind it is too, if its just on your skin my dermatologist used dry ice with this GIGANTIC q tip that scared the shit outta me when i was a kid.

adam c
01-07-2009, 04:07 PM
my dr. used liquid nitrogen on me

Tomaz
01-07-2009, 04:25 PM
Dr. can do it, or might refer you to the dermitologist (yeah i can't spell) A lot of moles are frozen, bigger ones usually sliced off. Sometimes scaring is a big issue, so bring that up when you go see the doc!

GQBalla
01-07-2009, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by adam c
my dr. used liquid nitrogen on me

oh yeah maybe it was liquid nitrogen

jav_
01-07-2009, 04:38 PM
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/Disturbed01/th_mole9yf.gif

in*10*se
01-07-2009, 11:03 PM
holy moly moly molie moleeeeeeeeee!!!holy guacamole!!!!!!

Tearin
01-07-2009, 11:31 PM
I was referred to a dermatologist - Dr. John Arlette and he was amazing.

Had the mole sliced off and not even a hint of a scar. If it's anywhere visible, you definitely want a dermatologist sewing you up. The mole was biopsied and everything was fine. He also assessed all my other moles and beauty marks and documented them in my file in case any change over time.

You don't want to take chances with something like skin cancer.

V6-BoI
01-08-2009, 12:58 AM
I went to a couple dermatologists, and both of them said they basically just kinda freeze it and cut it off. I had a mole on my chest removed and it left a pretty nasty scar, I think they doctor called it a Kyloid (sp? it's pronounced kee-lyod) scar. I had to go back and they injected some stuff in my scar to make it not as noticeable. But the doctor said that people scar differently, some people build up more scar tissue when they heal, and I guess I'm one of them. I'd just be pretty pissed if I had that scar on my face.

beecue
01-08-2009, 01:05 AM
I went like a year ago to get a mole removed but doctor said it's a brown spot because it's flat on the skin and it would probably cause scaring. He said wait for better technology. :dunno:

Timmeh
01-08-2009, 01:32 AM
I had my birthmark zapped away by lasers when i was young. It was pretty cool, felt like elastic band hitting you.

Speed_69
01-08-2009, 01:20 PM
well mine isn't exactly a mole, It's not raised or anything. It's more like a birth mark but it's in my bottom lip and wasn't there when I was born. It's small but noticeable when up close. Not sure if I should even touch it.

frozenrice
01-08-2009, 02:15 PM
ZlwVvuduWgE

Jeremiah
01-08-2009, 02:20 PM
In the past 2 years i have had about 10 moles surface on my neck and by my shoulder. its fucking weird

max_boost
08-08-2011, 03:24 PM
BUMP.

Any other Doctors you can recommend?

Tearin mentioned Dr. John Arlette.

masoncgy
08-08-2011, 03:48 PM
Make sure you get someone who specializes in mole removal to do it, not just your doctor...

I made this mistake. I had a real ugly black one on my neck that was getting bigger and my doctor removed it and now I have this scar in it's place that's even worse to look at.

It's only been a few weeks, so I am really hoping the redness will eventually fade over time, but I have a feeling this is permanent.

Oh well, I guess I go back to wearing a beard. :dunno:

max_boost
08-08-2011, 04:32 PM
The mole is about 2/3 the size of the round end of a pen. I've had it since I was a kid and only recently I've considered getting it removed. It's located in between my eyebrows. Because it's on my face, last thing I want is any kind of ugly scarring.

I went to see my Doctor and she sent in a referral to a plastic surgeon so I will have to wait 2-4 weeks to hear back. She said Dermatologists don't like cutting off moles?

To be honest I'm not sure how I feel about her and the online reviews I've found aren't glowing either.

So in the event her referral doesn't work out, I wouldn't mind checking out other places where members have had a positive experience.

max_boost
08-17-2011, 08:08 PM
So I was really lucky and got a super quick turnaround. Even the surgeon I went to see said it was unusual since she still had patients who have been waiting for a year :nut: Anyway I'm booked in on Aug 23 at Peter Lougheed with Dr. Farrah Yau. Cost is $150 and since it's on my face, I'll let the professionals take care of it.

Has anyone tried this stuff? http://www.dermatend.com/
Thinking about giving it a go on the other ones on my body.

Speed_69
06-26-2012, 12:53 PM
BUMP!! Any new dermatologists to recommend?

Dave P
06-26-2012, 12:59 PM
http://i.ytimg.com/vi/XAYHcS15Qqc/0.jpg

KRyn
06-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
So I was really lucky and got a super quick turnaround. Even the surgeon I went to see said it was unusual since she still had patients who have been waiting for a year :nut: Anyway I'm booked in on Aug 23 at Peter Lougheed with Dr. Farrah Yau. Cost is $150 and since it's on my face, I'll let the professionals take care of it.

Has anyone tried this stuff? http://www.dermatend.com/
Thinking about giving it a go on the other ones on my body.

Before and after picture, go now.