PDA

View Full Version : Skyline Gts-t r32 turbo upgrade

01-07-2009, 06:38 PM
Looking to upgrade the stock turbo in a r32, what would be the best kind which will perhaps have more hp ability and also looking to gain some hp what are the best mods to do on a skyline. Looking for rims if anyone has some on sale that would be great what is the perfect size that looks good and doesn't rub on a skyline, want with a lip at back. Thanks

anschutz_92
01-07-2009, 06:55 PM
A gt40 should do the trick :rolleyes:

What are your power goals?

01-07-2009, 07:18 PM
Well havent thought about any numbers put was thinking faster than a gtr so that would be close to 300hp

Mr_ET
01-07-2009, 07:23 PM
best advise is find a GTR forum and ask for rims there or even better search before asking...

Then do the same for turbo setups...

If you want people to help you, first make sure to write your questions in a legible way, then make sure to show others you have at least done a little bit of research and finally provide people with goals you'd like to achieve.

Then we'll be able to help you. If you don't do that you will get flamed for years to come.

LilDrunkenSmurf
01-07-2009, 08:19 PM
Why don't you sell the GTS-T and buy a GTR?

01-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Well I would do that, but i want a rwd car instead of awd for drifting, I am trying to be helpful as I can be jus asking for some advice if it doesnt seem right thats up 2 u if u want to help or not.

gonein10
01-07-2009, 10:30 PM
Well clearly you have not done any research whatsoever into the matter. Just google it and it should tell you exactly what to do if you want to get 300whp out of your gts-t...

just do the usual... fuel pump, injectors, turbo upgrade, intercooler, exhaust, intake, ecu tune, whatever else you want

skylinegtr20
01-12-2009, 07:38 PM
What do you want out of your car? is it RB20 or RB25?

GT40 is way to big. The lag would be unbelievable. Likely GT35 or smaller is your best bet.

zipdoa
01-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by 792171004
Well I would do that, but i want a rwd car instead of awd for drifting, I am trying to be helpful as I can be jus asking for some advice if it doesnt seem right thats up 2 u if u want to help or not.

You can buy ATTESTA controllers and keep the system 100% RWD, JSYK

talonboi
01-23-2009, 08:05 PM
if your keeping the rb20det i would go with a gt30r turbo, should spool good for drifting, or you can get the rb25det and slap on a gt35r, keep in mind with these turbos you must upgrade your fuel and cooling systems.

if you want something within budget, get a rb25 turbo. adds a little more power.

there is a person on here thats selling a whole rb25 setup with a greddy turbo kit. pm me for info

b18cr
01-23-2009, 08:19 PM
stock gtst's off the engine claim to be 210HP, 2% drivetrain loss, wich i believe is waaay more. to be gainin 200HP or evel close, and your "ballin on a budget", and to gain a fair amount of power and still be reliable, my recommedations would be to first. tune-up the basics as posted above, spark plugs, higher output injectors, walbro 255, Z32 fuel filter, Z32 MAF (must be tuned), FMIC (rid all those restrictive piping), last but not least, boost controller, have that dyno-tuned.

after all those it should run you anywhere from 2,000-3,000. having your stock turbo T3, dyno-tuned to max 12psi, with those mods posted, you should run fairly close, if not you would still gain a good amount of HP, and running it reliable.

your stock turbo can handle 12psi max. so having those mods and tuning it correctly will give u a better starting block, and see where you would go from there, rather than to upgrade your turbo, wich would most likeley have to be top mounted, external wastegates, custom piping, etc.. see what your stock turbo can do reliably, and if its not close or near what you're lookin for upgrade the turbo, along with that comes higher psi, meaning thicker head gasket. the the whole works of making that power reliable, "head to toe" build up would be next.