PDA

View Full Version : japan racing engines corp.

4bier
01-07-2009, 10:31 PM
has anyone dealt with them before . looking at getting a ej20t and 5spd swap done on my subaru if there are any negative comments about your experiences with them just pm me thx.

01-07-2009, 10:32 PM
ive heard lots of shitty stories come up on them.

most of those stories are from beyond.

***it might have also been jdmtuners... i cant remember which company... oh well, there all pretty shady.

sr20s14zenki
01-07-2009, 10:34 PM
A customer of mine had a swap there im PRETTY SURE, i get them and that other one mixed up, not jdmsource, theres one more. They are liars if its the ones im thinking of, sxtothe240 i think is his name on here...pm him and ask him all of the crap they put him thru.

4bier
01-07-2009, 10:44 PM
i tryed doin a search came up with nothing
:confused:

Brap_Brap
01-07-2009, 10:47 PM
JdmTuners Inc are the liars I think.

5000Audi
01-07-2009, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by Brap_Brap

word, they SUCK... whole big thread about them somewhere..

i think japanraceing engines is good, well i remember back in the day when some old old chineese guy worked there it was awsome. now younger non chinesse people work there

the old shop they had rocked, all kinda of goodies forsale in the front entrance, not there is like dirty parts laying everywhere...

sr20s14zenki
01-07-2009, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Brap_Brap

Yah could be. That's the one I get mixed up

sxtothe240
01-08-2009, 12:53 AM
Wasn't JDM Tuners who did my car.

I'm not going to disclose who. but basically I brought my car to get another SR20DET put in, as the old S13 SR that was in my car was blown. they didn't know how to wire up a S14 SR20DET into an S13 so they used my old S13 SR20DET Harness / S13 Fast Idle/S13 Coolant Temp sensor/S13 MAF/S13 SR ECU/S13 Knock Sensor all on my S14 motor just so the plugs would fit.

Doing all that cause my car to run like a POS and since the VVT wasn't hooked up at all, my car sounded like it was going to blow.

in the end, i had to ask for an S14 SR harness/ecu/maf so I could send it out the AutoDream to get it wired properly. Then I found out they gave me a KA24 MAF, so I had to buy the S14 MAF/ S14 Fast Idle/ S14 Coolant Temp Sensor/ S14 Knock Sensor all from Speedtech from a blown one they had there. Then had them switch out everything and put the CORRECT parts/harness back on my car.

All in all, costed me an extra 1200 to fix everything that should've been done right the first time around.

Lesson Learned.

adam c
01-08-2009, 01:35 AM
ah wes.. too much money spent on this dude

sxtothe240
01-08-2009, 02:42 AM
A little late for that, oh well. drive it for a couple years, get a newer car.

GQBalla
01-08-2009, 08:03 AM
Originally posted by sxtothe240
Wasn't JDM Tuners who did my car.

I'm not going to disclose who. but basically I brought my car to get another SR20DET put in, as the old S13 SR that was in my car was blown. they didn't know how to wire up a S14 SR20DET into an S13 so they used my old S13 SR20DET Harness / S13 Fast Idle/S13 Coolant Temp sensor/S13 MAF/S13 SR ECU/S13 Knock Sensor all on my S14 motor just so the plugs would fit.

Doing all that cause my car to run like a POS and since the VVT wasn't hooked up at all, my car sounded like it was going to blow.

in the end, i had to ask for an S14 SR harness/ecu/maf so I could send it out the AutoDream to get it wired properly. Then I found out they gave me a KA24 MAF, so I had to buy the S14 MAF/ S14 Fast Idle/ S14 Coolant Temp Sensor/ S14 Knock Sensor all from Speedtech from a blown one they had there. Then had them switch out everything and put the CORRECT parts/harness back on my car.

All in all, costed me an extra 1200 to fix everything that should've been done right the first time around.

Lesson Learned.

please tell so we can avoid places like this

5000Audi
01-08-2009, 08:58 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla

please tell so we can avoid places like this

i would bet its JRE since he typed all that in this thread...so i would say its about JRE... but who knows...haha

GQBalla
01-08-2009, 09:19 AM
Is japan racing engines right beside alarmtec on morraine rd near tnt honda?

I remember goin into that place askin for some ctr parts and to check prices on some engines and that guy that was there was a jerk.

Basically was like nope nope nope.
Than my engines are perfect you won't find a better price. Than when I said ur b18c1 is expensive compared to xxxx he said its cause his are ordered from sources he knows personally so they are better than xxxx

5000Audi
01-08-2009, 09:22 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
Is japan racing engines right beside alarmtec on morraine rd near tnt honda?

I remember goin into that place askin for some ctr parts and to check prices on some engines and that guy that was there was a jerk.

Basically was like nope nope nope.
Than my engines are perfect you won't find a better price. Than when I said ur b18c1 is expensive compared to xxxx he said its cause his are ordered from sources he knows personally so they are better than xxxx

that would be the right locations yep, and yeah the people that run it now suck, like i said before the old chinese guy that use to work/own( i think) had much better set up with brand new stuff in the front, you could buy a whole wack of stuff before.. now it turned to shit...

GQBalla
01-08-2009, 09:38 AM
They are a paid sponser here too.
It seems obvious now their customer service is pretty bad

Jeremiah
01-08-2009, 09:40 AM
As a general rule of thumb, avoid any shop that starts with JDM

GQBalla
01-08-2009, 09:42 AM
Jdm motors seems to be pretty good though.

Gabe182
01-08-2009, 12:13 PM
Ya I just bought a truck from them. Good prices and them come inspected.

Great service as well. They even are trying to help me sell a vehicle I purchased from them before.

Edit: ^ this is japan racing engines.

Eleanor
01-08-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Jeremiah
As a general rule of thumb, avoid any shop that starts with JDM
JDMsource & JDM Motor Imports seem to get good reviews :dunno:

JapanRacing
01-08-2009, 01:04 PM
before this thread gets out of hand.
we are the first and only owner of JRE from the beginning back in 06.

and for sxtothe240 we've never done any work for him,
You should get your facts straight before bashing a company like this 5000audi

Mr_ET
01-08-2009, 02:24 PM
JDM motor imports sent me a REALLY mint ITR engine a few weeks ago.

That ish ran strong as hell too.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

blazzer
01-08-2009, 02:34 PM
Wow what’s wrong with you guys its Japan racing engines

probably one of the best and most reputable "jdm" places in Calgary that i've done business with and for you guys that think they suck there are deffenetly worse places

Japan racing engines is nothing but A+++

I can personally say every time I’ve dealt with JRE I’ve got pure good things to say about them

Just for a heads up "4bier" in my personal experience id recommend them over any shop in Calgary (but that just my opinion from dealing with them)

Sorath
01-08-2009, 02:43 PM
i heard from a pretty reliable source that they didn't know how to do compression tests...

Tarrantula
01-08-2009, 02:54 PM
I can tell you right now that they are all fucking morons over there.

When they did the swap in my 300z.. NOTHING was right.. NOT A THING.

You can ask anyone from Autodream that had to finish the car.. (fucking horrible) that it was totally fucked. Seriously.. I wouldnt go back if they gave me a FREE engine.

It cost me 4200 for the swap... and about.. oh i dont know.. 11 000 to get the fucking thing running.

realazy
01-08-2009, 08:04 PM
EDIT

This is Vince lol... I thought that's what you told me last time Wes. >.< I guess it's the "other" engine importer.

Sorry to JRE for the misunderstanding.

sxtothe240
01-08-2009, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by realazy
sxtothe240 did get his work done at JRE, you guys are liars if you deny screwing up a s14 SR20 swap into a black s13.

Um...JRE never did my car. nor did I state they did.

GQBalla
01-08-2009, 08:18 PM
LOL ^^

sr20s14zenki
01-08-2009, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by JapanRacing

i want to apologize for getting your names mixed up if you didnt do this work, i am sorry for mentioning your name in the wrong.

hope this gets cleared up who was the bad one.

89s1
01-08-2009, 09:14 PM
Japan racing engines = order your parts there, but install them yourself.

If you're looking for a place to do your install, don't use them. Great guys to deal with as far as ordering parts tho as far as i'm concerned. I have first hand, in person experience with this place.

Good guys :thumbsup:

5000Audi
01-08-2009, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by JapanRacing

well sorry for the misunderstanding on my part about the company BUT, what happend to it? around 2 years ago the entrace to the shop was clean full of awsome gadgets,and other car stuff, now its like dirty and full of greasy car parts.. so i thought it changed hands since the sudden change is apperance..
also what ever happend the older asian guy that worked there, he was awsome, always knew who i was because i always came there to buy stuff for my car..But Japanracing, i am sorry for bashing your comapny i was just voiseing my opinion.. thanks for telling me about the history so i know now!..

Tarrantula
01-08-2009, 11:54 PM
They suck unless you want your car to run worse than a seized engine.

4bier
01-09-2009, 12:35 AM
I GET IT :goflames:

weeznah
01-09-2009, 10:27 AM
I had a pretty good experience with them, they sold me one of the cleanest s13's ive ever seen. Everytime I go there they are always more then helpful.

Sorath
01-09-2009, 10:57 AM
i dont think them selling stuff is any problem, i looked at their site, good prices, and as long as the motor isnt a piece of shit, judging by how people have been posting about their work. seems like they dont know what they`re doing.

basically to summarize. to buy, buy from them, to get work done, get it done elsewhere