PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust Question

sergejsk2
01-08-2009, 12:51 AM
I dont really know if this is a stupid question or not, i just dont have to much experience dealing with cars, but i own a GSR, and wanting to buy a new exhaust, my buddy wrote of his car couple weeks ago and is basically selling of parts for cheap but the only thing is his car is either the ls/rs i dont recall but would the exhaust of that model fit on my GSR (skunk2 exhaust) if it helps, i know like air intakes etc wouldnt but i dont really know much about the exhaust but i'm leaning towards the same conclusion..? If anyone can help answering my question thatd be great.

Thanks all.

DelSoln
01-08-2009, 01:23 AM
I think the piping on an ls is longer. The gsr has a shorter cat.

5000Audi
01-08-2009, 01:56 AM
could he not just take the longer pipes to a shop and get them shortend?and even if it would be a tad differant the shop could mount it up in there i bet, wouldnt cost to much seeing how you got all the parts?

sergejsk2
01-08-2009, 12:32 PM
Well isn't it all the same, because both the cars are same in length (both 2 dr's)? maybe i'm wrong though maybe there all just set up differently. How much would it cost for me to do what 5000audi said, to make the pipes shorter, and get them mounted a shop? (if i decide to go that way)

5000Audi
01-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by sergejsk2
Well isn't it all the same, because both the cars are same in length (both 2 dr's)? maybe i'm wrong though maybe there all just set up differently. How much would it cost for me to do what 5000audi said, to make the pipes shorter, and get them mounted a shop? (if i decide to go that way)

well for me when i went a this one shop ( if you want to know the name pm me) i got 2.5 full turbo back exhaust put on the car for 160 bucks. only thing i brought was the muffler.. so thats full exhaust.. so for them just to mount and fit a already built exhaust probably less then 100 bucks i would say

sergejsk2
01-09-2009, 12:40 AM
Hey i was mistake his car is a GS