PDA

View Full Version : Man still has to pay child support

jus_sum_guy
01-08-2009, 05:35 PM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090107.wtwins08/BNStory/National/home

I don't know if I agree with the judge on this one

rumeo
01-08-2009, 05:38 PM
i dont agree with the judge either...im sure he can appeal it

tjtd00
01-08-2009, 05:48 PM
Canadian marriage law is seriously flawed...wife cheats but can''t remember??? Complete garbage. I will never marry again. I already learned my lesson

badatusrnames
01-08-2009, 05:51 PM
How convenient she "forgot."

But there is plenty of precedent for this happening to guys in the states and still having to pay up. Won't be any different here.

Toms-SC
01-08-2009, 05:59 PM
Canada ftw.

Canmorite
01-08-2009, 06:01 PM
The fuck? Remind me to never get married or have kids :facepalm:

Thomas Gabriel
01-08-2009, 06:05 PM
This is the kind of thing that makes guys dress up as Santa Claus and kill their ex-wive's entire family.

Tik-Tok
01-08-2009, 06:10 PM
sucks to be the kids

adam c
01-08-2009, 06:22 PM
jeez... fucking dumb woman

here's a quote

Megan M from Canada writes: After 16 years, biology has nothing to do with it. He is the father. If they had adopted children instead, would he be any less responsible for their upbringing?
Posted 07/01/09 at 7:59 PM EST | Alert an Editor | Link to Comment

fucking ridiculous

bashir26
01-08-2009, 06:23 PM
Am I the only one that kinda agrees with the judge? Its been 16 years, he's pretty much the father.

method
01-08-2009, 06:24 PM
Yay Canada. We care about equal rights until it's a man holding the bag.

Graham_A_M
01-08-2009, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by adam c
jeez... fucking dumb woman

here's a quote

fucking ridiculous
I agree... probably the same logic as with the judge. :nut:

x.staygold.x
01-08-2009, 06:26 PM
I would murder the bitch...seriously

dj_honda
01-08-2009, 06:28 PM
can you negotiate child support into a prenup?

kertejud2
01-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite
The fuck? Remind me to never get married or have kids :facepalm:

Sounds to me like you can have all the kids you want and have somebody else pay for them.

Canmorite
01-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by kertejud2

Sounds to me like you can have all the kids you want and have somebody else pay for them.

How, make the woman pay for them? That wouldn't be equal now would it :nut:

Kloubek
01-08-2009, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Thomas Gabriel
This is the kind of thing that makes guys dress up as Santa Claus and kill their ex-wive's entire family.

At first, I was quite offended by you bringing up such a horriblle incident. Which is weird, because I typically don't get offended by damn near anything. And then I realized - you're totally right.

First, the guy is asked to pay more money every month. Then, he finds out about the affair. (Though she claims not to remember. Bullshit 100%.) Then he finds out the kids are not his. That alone is enough to hate someone. That woman is fucking evil.

Then, after all that bullshit he went through, the judge orders him to help pay for the product of the affair, and spend a TON of money on his wife who he detests, and kids who aren't his? Hey - I have an idea... get the guy she had an affair with to get a blood test and prove he is not the father! I understand the idea of not wanting the kids to suffer, but to order this guy to pay is ridiculous. I totally feel for him.

That judge should lose her job. She clearly uses gender to decide cases rather than facts and common sense.

But to those who say that marriage sucks because of crap like this haven't met enough DECENT women. If your woman wasn't a trustworthy person, you probably shouldn't have married her.

Mibz
01-08-2009, 07:10 PM
EDIT

Dj_Stylz
01-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Since the kids aren't his he should get back what he paid for child support.

shakalaka
01-08-2009, 07:24 PM
I know it isn't fair and all but lots of things in law aren't. In the past couple of decades all the steps that the law has taken to favor the women, has also meant that men have been discriminated against. I have read several similar cases where on first instance you'd think there is no way the father should be liable, but the judges have ended up siding with women. A more recent and prominent theme regarding this has been the 'Sperm Bandits' which is basically a women lying to a man that she is on birth control pills and then getting pregnant and the courst holding the man responsible for child support regardless of that. I know its all sad, but so is the state of law currently! I wrote an entire thesis on how this pisses me off...in an attempt to giving equal rights to women...men are being discriminating against. Its all bunch of rubbish!

Rocky
01-08-2009, 07:28 PM
You guys are missing the point of the case. No, it's not fair to the husband, and it's a pretty disgusting situation, completely the fault of some despicable woman. But the judgment is purely in the interests of the children.
In any event, she said that it would be wrong for the children to suffer for events over which they had no control. “Mr. Cornelio was the only father the twins knew during the course of the marriage,” Judge van Rensburg said. “The relationship that developed from the time of their birth was the natural relationship between a parent and his children. ... two separate lines of jurisprudence have developed in comparable cases. One focuses on being fair to an individual who discovers that he is not a biological parent. The other concentrates on the best interests of the child.

She pointed to an expansive definition of “parent” under the Family Law Act under which Mr. Cornelio can be seen as “a person who has demonstrated a settled intention to treat a child as a child of his or her family.”
The woman is horrible and I feel for the husband, but those children, irregardless of who's they are, only know one "dad" and they would suffer tremendously without those support payments -- this woman clearly isn't going to be the best mother, after all. This judgment is not one that is a woman judge helping a woman, or an attempt at equality for woman through one-sided jurisprudence, it's simply an effort to try to let these kids have a semi-decent life despite their parents' irresponsibility (both of them) and the fact their parents have gone through a miserable divorce plus having the knowledge that their mother had an affair and the traumatic experience of finding out your "dad" isn't your father at all.

I wouldn't be surprised to see this court go to the Ontario Appeal court, or perhaps even Supreme Court, if the father wished to pursue it that far along... it seems like one that has an interesting precedent at stake.

bituerbo
01-08-2009, 07:35 PM
Alright, so I get drunk, nail some broad BUT FORGET, she comes to me 9 months later asking for child support. Paternity test shows I'm the father but I don't remember fathering the kid...

According to this Madame Justice whichever guy she has most recently been banging is on the hook for the time I was too drunk to don a rubber?

SAWWEEET.
I can reference this case in my defense!

spikerS
01-08-2009, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by bituerbo
Alright, so I get drunk, nail some broad BUT FORGET, she comes to me 9 months later asking for child support. Paternity test shows I'm the father but I don't remember fathering the kid...

According to this Madame Justice whichever guy she has most recently been banging is on the hook for the time I was too drunk to don a rubber?

SAWWEEET.
I can reference this case in my defense!

no what it means is that the chicks boyfriend or next boyfriend is responsible for your kid.

If you are a white male between the ages of 18 and 65, you have no rights when you stand beside another person. It is always time to bend over and let everyone have a turn.

Mibz
01-08-2009, 09:20 PM
She pointed to an expansive definition of “parent” under the Family Law Act under which Mr. Cornelio can be seen as “a person who has demonstrated a settled intention to treat a child as a child of his or her family.”Of course he's going to demonstrate settled intention, he THOUGHT it was his.

This judgment is not one that is a woman judge helping a womanI see that now and retract my previous statement.

That said, I think it's bunk that he's being forced to do this. It should be his choice.

Mckenzie
01-08-2009, 10:49 PM
Total BS...another example of marriage / divorce law favoring women.

As was mentioned, this is exactly the type of situation that leads to domestic homicides / violence when it happens to the wrong people.

Tik-Tok
01-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by Rocky
You guys are missing the point of the case. No, it's not fair to the husband, and it's a pretty disgusting situation, completely the fault of some despicable woman. But the judgment is purely in the interests of the children.
T.........this woman clearly isn't going to be the best mother, after all.

He should have the choice. FULL custody of the children, or he stops paying. After all, his or not he obviously cares for them, as he didn't want to lose visitations rights, and as you said, she is an unfit mother for being such a lying whore.

DonJuan
01-08-2009, 11:12 PM
Dude, that seriously pisses me off. I'll admit that he deserves to be repaid for all the years that he paid, But he's not gonna get it. But to have to continue to pay is freaking rediculars. A few Eminem songs come to mind.

sxtasy
01-09-2009, 12:46 AM
Well hopefully we see a classic example of karma, kids grow up, realize how big of a dirty slut their mother was and take care of their "dad"...

banned3x
01-09-2009, 01:21 AM
my friends paying child support even though the kids arent his. they got divorced and judge said they saw him as a father bullshit!!! imo

mucat
01-09-2009, 01:43 AM
Originally posted by Rocky

Maybe the judge should pay for it him/herself if it is in the PURE interests of the children??

Super_Geo
01-09-2009, 01:47 AM
I don't see what being seen as a father has anything to do with child support payments.

Mommy Whorebags needs to find the real father of these bastard kids, get a conclusive DNA test and then get a court to have him pay child support.

How the kids see the 'dad' has nothing to do with where the child support payments come from. Hell, the kids can hang out with Fake Dad while Real Dad stays out of the picture and pays child support...

creeper
01-09-2009, 01:49 AM
Can't she get off her ass and work a job to pay for the kids? Or is she too busy ebaying and watching her stories.

Whore.

:closed: