PDA

View Full Version : FS: Broken Apple iMac Core Duo - $250

lewdvig
01-08-2009, 09:35 PM
sold

CivicDXR
01-08-2009, 09:51 PM
damn, I'd take it and drive to pick it up right now if I had the money... if its still around wednesday, 100% i'll take it... it'd be nice to replace my iMac G4 with a newer one... would you hold it if I gave you something to hang on to?

DannyO
01-08-2009, 10:26 PM
Not to go off topic, but do you know what error message it is giving you when trying to format? I got an old iMac G5 thats been doing the same, also gets the beachball and freezes up for a few seconds every 15 seconds or so.

eglove
01-08-2009, 10:39 PM
pm'd

lewdvig
01-08-2009, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by DannyO
Not to go off topic, but do you know what error message it is giving you when trying to format? I got an old iMac G5 thats been doing the same, also gets the beachball and freezes up for a few seconds every 15 seconds or so.

The original drive failed SMART. Its a one year old WD 500 that has warranty, so I'll send it back.

I installed another WD and the installer says it is not a valid startup disk. Disk Utility sees the drive and lets me format it. I thought it might be a partition table issue, but repartitioning it made no difference. Tried a PRAM reset, but no dice.

Then I did the same thing with an external drive. No luck.

Its just beyond my ability to fix it. So I have priced commensurate with risk.

lewdvig
01-08-2009, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by CivicDXR
damn, I'd take it and drive to pick it up right now if I had the money... if its still around wednesday, 100% i'll take it... it'd be nice to replace my iMac G4 with a newer one... would you hold it if I gave you something to hang on to?

There are a few regulars that have already PMed me. I'll update this after the weekend.

Jeremiah
01-08-2009, 10:57 PM
I have a coworker have the same thing happen to him. Is this Sean?

Either way let me know if the other people fall through i'd like to work on a macbook and try to troubleshoot this problem

DannyO
01-08-2009, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by lewdvig

The original drive failed SMART. Its a one year old WD 500 that has warranty, so I'll send it back.

I installed another WD and the installer says it is not a valid startup disk. Disk Utility sees the drive and lets me format it. I thought it might be a partition table issue, but repartitioning it made no difference. Tried a PRAM reset, but no dice.

Then I did the same thing with an external drive. No luck.

Its just beyond my ability to fix it. So I have priced commensurate with risk.

Hmm sounds like a different problem to mine, but would rather have your problem.

Originally posted by Jeremiah
I have a coworker have the same thing happen to him. Is this Sean?

Either way let me know if the other people fall through i'd like to work on a macbook and try to troubleshoot this problem

Just so you know, this is a desktop, not a laptop.

lewdvig
01-09-2009, 07:47 PM
All pms replied. Price seems fair considering all the interest. Trades are welcomed.