PDA

View Full Version : Chrysler salespeople?

Zero102
01-08-2009, 09:43 PM
I am wondering if there is an official Beyond Chrysler person. I know we have some VW salespeople on here, Subaru, Hyundai, Suzuki, but after doing some searching I can't find the beyond "approved" chrysler go-to guy.
Let's spare the arguments about whether Chrysler will be around in 6 months time or whatever, I am just wondering, if anybody on here is a salesperson with Chrysler or has some really good reviews of a salesperson that knows how to treat a younger guy with at least a tiny shred of respect. I've tried random luck and all I get are bitter old men who obviously aren't interested in spending a few minutes talking to me.

I don't care what dealership I would need to go to, I have all day off and would like to look at a couple of vehicles tomorrow morning.

semograd
01-08-2009, 10:04 PM
just wondering why chrysler ?

Zero102
01-08-2009, 10:18 PM
Because I am looking at about 5 different cars and one of them is a chrysler?

rumeo
01-08-2009, 11:16 PM
what car? maybe we can find a way to deter you from it! just kidding

corsvette
01-08-2009, 11:34 PM
you sure cant go wrong with a shiny new challenger with a hemi!

Zero102
01-09-2009, 12:16 AM
Fuck challengers and fuck hemi's. Everybody happy now? Not looking for anything containing either of those words thanks. :D

Looking for a 300 with the 3.5 and AWD, and I'd prefer brand new and I have some financing questions and want to take one for a drive. Beyond has served me really well in finding great salespeople in the past (hell, leased my golf through a beyonder) and I was hoping there was more good recommendations to come.

94boosted
01-09-2009, 12:36 AM
I worked at Tower Chrysler for the last 3 years part time and full time over summers as a detailer, lube tech, trim tech and lastly a salesman but I stopped working there this last September as school just got to intense (9 courses in Engineering :nut: ) anyways my good buddy Eddie still works there he's a good guy and he can help you find what your looking for if you would like his contact info pm me.

94boosted
01-09-2009, 12:37 AM
Oh and PS he is a younger guy him self (mid 20's) so he will treat you good

Zero102
01-09-2009, 12:43 AM
You've got a PM.
Engineering is pretty crazy. CPSC / ASPH double major myself, and I find it more than crazy enough :nut: I have a couple engineers in the family, and they all say it gets better once you finish school. All the engineers I know are nucking futs if that helps.

94boosted
01-09-2009, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by Zero102
You've got a PM.
Engineering is pretty crazy. CPSC / ASPH double major myself, and I find it more than crazy enough :nut: I have a couple engineers in the family, and they all say it gets better once you finish school. All the engineers I know are nucking futs if that helps.

Wrote back to your PM

Yah I'm a blabbering idiot myself at this point too much to learn in to little time lol, anyways good luck with the car

Zero102
01-09-2009, 09:58 AM
ahaha sorry I went to bed, have to drive my wife to work in the mornings. I figure it's much nicer than making her take the bus. Thanks for your advice, I'll be in touch with one of them this morning hopefully :)

Anton
01-10-2009, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by 94boosted
I worked at Tower Chrysler for the last 3 years part time and full time over summers as a detailer, lube tech, trim tech and lastly a salesman but I stopped working there this last September as school just got to intense (9 courses in Engineering :nut: ) anyways my good buddy Eddie still works there he's a good guy and he can help you find what your looking for if you would like his contact info pm me.

Off topic but is this the Eddie that's got a brother, Ahmed?

Aleks
01-10-2009, 03:08 PM
I am wondering if there is an official Beyond Chrysler person. I know we have some VW salespeople on here, Subaru, Hyundai, Suzuki, but after doing some searching I can't find the beyond "approved" chrysler go-to guy.
Let's spare the arguments about whether Chrysler will be around in 6 months time or whatever, I am just wondering, if anybody on here is a salesperson with Chrysler or has some really good reviews of a salesperson that knows how to treat a younger guy with at least a tiny shred of respect. I've tried random luck and all I get are bitter old men who obviously aren't interested in spending a few minutes talking to me.

I don't care what dealership I would need to go to, I have all day off and would like to look at a couple of vehicles tomorrow morning.

Did you ever go check out the 300? They have some pretty decent rates and incentives now. Did you go drive one? If so what did you think?

Zero102
01-10-2009, 05:01 PM
I went to check it out. I will refrain from posting my dealership experience since it was about 1/4 step away from absolutely horrible, but I will also add I did not have the opportunity to speak with any of the sales associates that were recommended to me. Unfortunately I got jumped on by some desperate fellow and I am far from happy with the results. I got every single greasy sales trick you've heard of.

The offers on the 300 are great. You can get an 09, "limited" trim level with the 26L package (its a bit nicer) on a 60 month term for $201 bi-weekly. Right now they are doing ~$4000 rebates on the 09's, and 0% financing on 5 year terms. If you want the AWD 300 it is $220 bi-weekly but you lose 1L/100km (that adds up pretty quickly) so I'm personally skipping it.

Took an 08 on the lot out for a spin. I have previously driven a brand new 08 and it rode like complete garbage, it was bumpy, jarry and exceptionally stiff. The one I drove yesterday was nothing like that at all. When you drive one you know you are not driving a $60k saloon car, but it is still very nice.

The only catch is that 09's are really hard to get, or so he says, that there are none in Canada and you have to order them from the factory, so there is about a 6-12 week lead time.

If my review isn't enough, go sit in one, push all the buttons, look around, and take one for a spin. Pretty nice car.

Oh, also, if you are short, seriously re-consider, the window sills are all very high and you will have a hard time seeing out if you are less than maybe 5'6" or so. The height adjustment on the driver's seat will help, but it feels really goofy to drive it with the seat all the way up, kind of like a bus.

94boosted
01-11-2009, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Anton

Off topic but is this the Eddie that's got a brother, Ahmed?

Yes he does

Generic
01-11-2009, 10:58 AM
do you have to buy new? the competition offers better preowned cars with super low rates as well.

Aleks
01-11-2009, 11:52 AM
I went to check it out. I will refrain from posting my dealership experience since it was about 1/4 step away from absolutely horrible, but I will also add I did not have the opportunity to speak with any of the sales associates that were recommended to me. Unfortunately I got jumped on by some desperate fellow and I am far from happy with the results. I got every single greasy sales trick you've heard of.

The offers on the 300 are great. You can get an 09, "limited" trim level with the 26L package (its a bit nicer) on a 60 month term for $201 bi-weekly. Right now they are doing ~$4000 rebates on the 09's, and 0% financing on 5 year terms. If you want the AWD 300 it is $220 bi-weekly but you lose 1L/100km (that adds up pretty quickly) so I'm personally skipping it.

Took an 08 on the lot out for a spin. I have previously driven a brand new 08 and it rode like complete garbage, it was bumpy, jarry and exceptionally stiff. The one I drove yesterday was nothing like that at all. When you drive one you know you are not driving a $60k saloon car, but it is still very nice.

The only catch is that 09's are really hard to get, or so he says, that there are none in Canada and you have to order them from the factory, so there is about a 6-12 week lead time.

If my review isn't enough, go sit in one, push all the buttons, look around, and take one for a spin. Pretty nice car.

Oh, also, if you are short, seriously re-consider, the window sills are all very high and you will have a hard time seeing out if you are less than maybe 5'6" or so. The height adjustment on the driver's seat will help, but it feels really goofy to drive it with the seat all the way up, kind of like a bus.

Thanks for the reply. On Chrysler's site they show $4750 rebate. I assume that's a straight rebate from the factory so there is room to move on the msrp too (a few grand probably). I read that Chrylser cut production big time so that's why there are shortages of new ones.

kolumbo69
01-11-2009, 03:12 PM
How about the diesel grand cherokee? My mom as had hers for 1 1/2yrs and loves it also gets 750-800km to a tank of gas in the city

SRT8
01-11-2009, 09:39 PM
I just bought a Charger from Renfrew Chrysler. Started with some loser who just wanted a sale and was giving me the run around because I am a young guy and he didn't think I had enough money.

I went back and talked to another guy and he was stellar. Jack Sakulich. He wont BS you, and he will work hard to get you the price you are looking for.

Zero102
01-12-2009, 12:06 AM
Diesel Grand Cherokee? According to the web site they start in the 45k range (a.k.a. $700/month) and once decently optioned hurt significantly more than that. Not in the cards for me mate :( But, a man can dream :D

Renfrew Chrysler. I see their ads in the paper quite a lot, claiming they are desperate for trade-ins. I doubt they will offer me something I will take on my golf, but I am curious to see what they can do on the pricing of a 300. I am hoping Chrysler will be willing to move a bit on the price given the gamble all of their potential buyers are taking. I mean really, if they get bought out, expect to have no warranty, no server, but you bet your ass they will want you to keep making payments.

I am going to see the people recommended to me at Tower first, however if for any reason I find myself at a different chrysler dealership then I will definitely take your suggestion and see Jack. Thanks for the tip :)

Right now I am in the midst of a big fight with VW about the value of my golf. They caught wind that it is presently over km's on my lease and are being a little ridiculous considering that I am about to buy it out (a.k.a. trying to charge me for them, even though I am buying the damn car). It sucks but it has stopped me dead in my tracks on my car hunt. I don't intend to pay 2 companies for 2 cars when I can only drive one.

clem24
01-12-2009, 01:04 PM
If you want the AWD 300 it is $220 bi-weekly but you lose 1L/100km (that adds up pretty quickly) so I'm personally skipping it.

Wut... At average of 24,000 KMs per year, that's 24000/100 * .85 (say gas averages 85 cents this year) so that's $204/year..? Big fucking deal. I'd say go for the AWD if that's what you originally wanted, instead of skimping on it now and regretting it later. Even at double those clicks you're only looking at $400 in a year. That's not bad.

Anyways, I did rent a Magnum for 2 weeks, which is basically a 300 in wagon form. It definitely has a very compliant chassis and super soft/cushy suspension, but surprisingly good for an American car. I guess that's what happens when it's built on the old Merc E chassis. And there's limo proportions for rear passengers. The only thing I didn't like was how sluggish it felt and how the transmission always wanted to get into the top gear as quick as possible (i.e. no mode settings). And yeah, the high windows and high dash made navigating parkades an absolute nightmare.

I don't think I'd buy one personally, but it was LEAPS AND BOUNDS in quality compared to what Chrysler had a few years ago, and a HUGE difference compared to the new Sebring I rented a week earlier (shudder.......).

EK 2.0
01-12-2009, 02:00 PM
if you are still looking...pm RUQUIKR....

His name is Kurt and hes a great guy who can help you out...he is EK 2.0 vouched....haha...

Zero102
01-12-2009, 02:56 PM
EK, You are Arif, right? If so, it has been a while man, been a while!
I am still looking. After hearing what Tower is offering me for my golf I am going to have to sell it privately first which is slowing me down right now, since VW has decided to give me the gears really bad on trying to buy it out, but as soon as I get it in my name and sold (even if I take a small loss on it thats fine) I'm going to get into a 300 as quickly as possible. Unless Kurt is willing to give me 16k for the golf. Yeah right, dream on, I know, but I thought I'd mention it anyways.

As for the RWD/AWD argument, I was kind of on the fence at the beginning, I was so sure that I wanted AWD, but its a $3k option and will cost me $200/year in extra fuel as well as extra maintenance (and parts once the warranty expires / chrysler goes bust) and it does bog the car down a bit. I have thought about it a lot more and I just don't think it is worth it. Thanks for the advice tough mate. Sounds as though you like the car a lot too :)

The rear seat leg room is impressive, and I think the term "Cavernous" applies quite well to the interior space. Its huge and that is excellent for the type of driving I do, and the situations I find myself in (i.e., family chauffeur, particularly for the elderly). I agree, MILES ahead of anything from Chrysler in the past. Plus, it's got a 3-BODY trunk! Thats a lot of hits you can do in this car before you have to make a run to dump the bodies... err wait, I take that back, I meant groceries, the keys are like right next to each other...

EK 2.0
01-12-2009, 02:59 PM

EK, You are Arif, right? If so, it has been a while man, been a while!

Yes sir I am, and yes sir it has been...