PDA

View Full Version : Need help/tips on how to drift with AWD auto car (Impreza)!

il09sti
01-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Just joking! But I did join because of that thread!

Very interesting!!

Redlyne_mr2
01-10-2009, 11:54 AM
Formidable

A790
01-10-2009, 12:58 PM
LOL welcome to beyond.

zipdoa
01-11-2009, 07:21 PM
better get your flame suit..

badatusrnames
01-11-2009, 07:23 PM
The food looks good...

JRSC00LUDE
01-11-2009, 07:29 PM
haha funny stuff.

88jbody
01-11-2009, 08:15 PM
welcome.

just use the drift button problem solved

Generic
01-11-2009, 08:30 PM
the drift button is hard to find on my car.

R154
01-11-2009, 09:02 PM
:zzz: Yes it was very funny.

WRC anyone?

Smooth-Op
01-11-2009, 09:15 PM
:repost: :repost: :repost: :repost: :repost: :repost:

:D

btw I'm a master drifter by now!

OMG I'm a f*cking star!! :rofl:

msommers
01-11-2009, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by Smooth-Op

I'd call you a f*cking idiot but that's probably just the rest of beyond talking.

Smooth-Op
01-11-2009, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by msommers

I'd call you a f*cking idiot but that's probably just the rest of beyond talking.

lol I'm not getting into this again.

Destinova403
01-11-2009, 11:23 PM
Originally posted by msommers

+1

in before lock

no need to go through this again.

Smooth-Op
01-11-2009, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by il09sti
Just joking! But I did join because of that thread!

Very interesting!!

I know who you are (MSC). Why you made that thread is beyond me but if you're looking for an episode 2 or something well it's not gonna happen.

Smooth-Op
01-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Destinova403

+1

in before lock

no need to go through this again.

Look, every mods have seen my threads man. If they thought I was that much of an asshole, I'd be banned. They know all I did so far is reply to morons who talk out of their ass and put them back to their place. I never started anything.

cam_wmh
01-12-2009, 12:34 AM

So have you crashed it yet?

Smooth-Op
01-12-2009, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by cam_wmh

So have you crashed it yet?

lol I don't see how that could have happenned considering I'm doing it in HUGE empty snowy parking lots.

So yep, I'm drifting with my car (and it drifts like a charm even though it's an AWD... how surprising LOL) and I'm having a blast doing it.

So I'd like to thank everone who gave me proper advices on how to do it correctly.

Eleanor
01-12-2009, 11:41 AM
If they thought I was that much of an asshole, I'd be banned.
Or they keep you around for comic relief :poosie: :D

gretz
01-12-2009, 11:45 AM
+1 Eleanor

:

In a month? Vids? C'mon Ken, show beyond the skills

A790
01-12-2009, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Eleanor

Or they keep you around for comic relief :poosie: :D
Hey, just because someone acts in a way that may or may not be congruent with the rest of acceptable society doesn't mean that he/she deserves a banning. It's the consensus to leave this people to do as they will and, in time, they will eventually remove themselves from the gene pool.

Disclaimer: The comments made by A790 in this thread are for satirical purposes only and should not be taken seriously. The comments made by A790 do not represent anyone's opinion, including his own, and should be ignored.

Mr_ET
01-12-2009, 12:13 PM

lol I don't see how that could have happenned considering I'm doing it in HUGE empty snowy parking lots.

So yep, I'm drifting with my car (and it drifts like a charm even though it's an AWD... how surprising LOL) and I'm having a blast doing it.

So I'd like to thank everone who gave me proper advices on how to do it correctly. :facepalm:

R154
01-12-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by A790

Disclaimer: The comments made by A790 in this thread are for satirical purposes only and should not be taken seriously. The comments made by A790 do not represent anyone's opinion, including his own, and should be ignored.

78% sig worthy.

A790
01-12-2009, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by R154

78% sig worthy.
Damn, only 78%?! I'll have to try harder next time :(

Smooth-Op
01-12-2009, 01:49 PM
You guys are funny. :D

Try finding one single post I made that was offensive to anyone who first didn't talk to me out of his ass. I'm always very nice and polite with everybody who isn't being an asshole.

On the other hand, I could EASILY find 50 posts that were offensive to me without any provocation.

It's like you guys know I react strongly when being picked on (I admit I may have an issue right there) and are playing on it.

I don't really care though. I'm having quite a bit of fun actually. ;)

And I don't really expect anyone to take my side. Most of you can't look at it in an objective way since your friends are involved and the others who would don't since they would likely be bashed for doing it.

But it's all good, I can live with that. :thumbsup:

Tomaz
01-12-2009, 05:12 PM
I cant believe this is still going. This thread is like the Energizer bunny. Just fucking die already! lol

4AGE
01-12-2009, 07:34 PM
I just had one of these tokyo drift wannabe ricers almost kill me a day ago, swerved into my fuckin lane sideways in his old piece of shit going a good 70km/h...

Do yourself a favour and either drift your ass into a pole or take it to a track like the people who have a fucking brain and spare the innocent ppl on the public roads...

btw :facepalm: @ attempting to drift an auto car

zipdoa
01-12-2009, 07:38 PM
You guys are funny. :D

Try finding one single post I made that was offensive to anyone who first didn't talk to me out of his ass. I'm always very nice and polite with everybody who isn't being an asshole.

On the other hand, I could EASILY find 50 posts that were offensive to me without any provocation.

It's like you guys know I react strongly when being picked on (I admit I may have an issue right there) and are playing on it.

I don't really care though. I'm having quite a bit of fun actually. ;)

And I don't really expect anyone to take my side. Most of you can't look at it in an objective way since your friends are involved and the others who would don't since they would likely be bashed for doing it.

But it's all good, I can live with that. :thumbsup:

Good for you! Stand up to bullies! You're an inspiration to Kritafo I guess.

Smooth-Op
01-12-2009, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by 4AGE
I just had one of these tokyo drift wannabe ricers almost kill me a day ago, swerved into my fuckin lane sideways in his old piece of shit going a good 70km/h...

Do yourself a favour and either drift your ass into a pole or take it to a track like the people who have a fucking brain and spare the innocent ppl on the public roads...

btw :facepalm: @ attempting to drift an auto car

I never said I want to drift in the streets damnit. I always made it clear I want to do it in empty snowy parking lots.

See what I mean?? I've been dealing with shit like this ever since I got here.

How could I not want to flame this guy? I fighting it REAL HARD right now. :whipped:

A790
01-12-2009, 08:24 PM

I never said I want to drift in the streets damnit. I always made it clear I want to do it in empty snowy parking lots.

See what I mean?? I've been dealing with shit like this ever since I got here.

How could I not want to flame this guy? I fighting it REAL HARD right now. :whipped:
You'll still look like the goon.

What you've done here is said "I want to drive my new (first) car illegally and recklessly, regardless of the fact that there are several tracks within a couple hours from me that offer regular, legal, safe amateur drifting events."

THAT'S why everyone on here think's you're a nob.

viff3r
01-12-2009, 08:26 PM
Plus the fact you won't shut up, and are an obvious attention ho, and respond to every single flame.

DonJuan
01-12-2009, 08:36 PM

I'm trying to fight your momma off right now. But she is winning.

:closed:

Smooth-Op
01-12-2009, 08:54 PM
I give up... haha!

cam_wmh
01-12-2009, 11:30 PM
I give up... haha!

Please don't. I enjoy it. At the end of a tough day, I can read your posts, and feel better about myself.

4AGE
01-12-2009, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by DonJuan

I'm trying to fight your momma off right now. But she is winning.

:closed:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

LadyLuck
01-13-2009, 10:41 AM
I give up... haha!

Ok, so when this thread is closed, are you going to create another account like "il09sti" and start the same thread again???

Stunt66
01-13-2009, 10:54 AM

I don't think you're in any position to be flaming a member for quite some time.

gretz
01-13-2009, 11:07 AM
i still want to see video's - hes a master now - i would post vids of my skills to shut everyone up.....

Smooth-Op
01-13-2009, 11:50 AM
Originally posted by LadyLuck

Ok, so when this thread is closed, are you going to create another account like "il09sti" and start the same thread again???

Page 2, second post.

http://www.montreal-subaru-club.com/mscforum/viewtopic.php?t=68428&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

LadyLuck
01-13-2009, 12:32 PM

Page 2, second post.

http://www.montreal-subaru-club.com/mscforum/viewtopic.php?t=68428&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=15

Oh nice,
so are they making fun of you?:D

viff3r
01-13-2009, 01:07 PM

Page 2, second post.

You posted on another forum that you need backup to help defend the honour of Scoobys? :rofl:

It's not the Subaru brand that everyone is making fun of.

Take the advice of El Fabricator on that other forum and "lache ca toute suite".

Smooth-Op
01-13-2009, 01:38 PM

Oh nice,
so are they making fun of you?:D

Pretty much the other way around.

They've never seen a forum with such a high rate of shitheads who talk out of their ass about stuff they don't even know about.

And they're laughing their ass off at those who said you can't drift on snow with an auto subary.

Basicly, they're all advicing me to leave this hellhole of a forum. (Lâche ça tout de suite)

GQBalla
01-13-2009, 01:41 PM
i wish i could read frenchh

Destinova403
01-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
i wish i could read frenchh

+1... and write

then i could go in and let them know that we aren't flaming the car, rather the person.

BY THE WAY

drifting in parking lots is still illegal.

Smooth-Op
01-13-2009, 02:33 PM

+1... and write

then i could go in and let them know that we aren't flaming the car, rather the person.

BY THE WAY

They red the thread and know what has been said.

BlackArcher101
01-13-2009, 02:37 PM
Crude translation.

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.montreal-subaru-club.com%2Fmscforum%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D68428%26postdays%3D0%26postorder%3Dasc%26start%3D15&lp=fr_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

Stunt66
01-13-2009, 02:37 PM
^take the other forums advicing and leave or stop posting in this thread. You've already lost the battle!

Smooth-Op
01-13-2009, 02:45 PM

+1... and write

BY THE WAY

LOL! Just like downloading mp3s and going 85km/h in a 70km/h zone right?

Originally posted by Stunt66
^take the other forums advicing and leave or stop posting in this thread. You've already lost the battle!

I haven't lost anything and I'll leave if I fell like it.

BlackArcher101
01-13-2009, 02:46 PM
Holy crap, you think this about us hating on Subaru's?

It's not, it's because you don't listen to reasonable trains of thought, plain and simple. The people on that forum are apparently not getting it either, they keep posting videos that aren't helping your cause. Oh look, WRX's drifting in snow and gravel. Uh, they are manual transmissions with more power and different power differential to the wheels... far different dynamics than your N/A 2.5L Impreza. The other vids? Well, they show a car (forester ones) not drifting at all (sliding sideways at 90 degrees does not equal drift). Any car/vehicle can do what they did. I also saw a lot of understeer when they put the power back on.

Then they go on to use Subaru winning rally's as proof you can drift? Larf. I'm a subie owner myself, but come on man wake up! Your auto Impreza will not do what you fully want it to do and neither will my Legacy. It's not a rally vehicle.

gen2teggy
01-13-2009, 03:09 PM
http://www.vorkt.com/album/data/1/normal_Internet-SeriousBusiness.jpg

Sky
01-13-2009, 03:13 PM
talking about drifting in a Subaru AWD... here is a clip to get you started.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CREIvW5YDKc&eurl=http://video.aol.com/video-detail/crazy-subaru-impreza-wrx-sti-drifting-must-see/822261484/?icid=VIDURVAUT12

How do you post youtube videos? sorry for the newbness.

4AGE
01-13-2009, 04:04 PM

Pretty much the other way around.

They've never seen a forum with such a high rate of shitheads who talk out of their ass about stuff they don't even know about.

And they're laughing their ass off at those who said you can't drift on snow with an auto subary.

Basicly, they're all advicing me to leave this hellhole of a forum. (Lâche ça tout de suite)

We never said you can't drift on snow with an auto soob... you can drift anything that has wheels if you got the skill.

We are laughing at your stupidity at trying to learn how to drift with your NEW FIRST car on PUBLIC ICY ROADS with AWD and not the proper differentials/set up to drift.

We are laughing at your noobness, retard/ricer mentality and general recklessness towards public drivers.

Smooth-Op
01-13-2009, 04:05 PM

We never said you can't drift on snow with an auto soob... you can drift anything that has wheels if you got the skill.

We are laughing at your stupidity at trying to learn how to drift with your NEW FIRST car on PUBLIC ICY ROADS with AWD and not the proper differentials/set up to drift.

We are laughing at your noobness, retard/ricer mentality and general recklessness towards public drivers.

Get your facts right before shitting on ppl's head.

I always said that all I want to do was drifting once in a while in HUGE EMPTY SNOWY PARKING LOTS! Got it?

4AGE
01-13-2009, 04:07 PM

LOL! Just like downloading mp3s and going 85km/h in a 70km/h zone right?

I haven't lost anything and I'll leave if I fell like it.

Does downloading mp3's cause potential wrecks to happen to the public roads therefore raising road taxes or crashing into innocent peoples cars/crashing into people?
No.

Does trying to drift a car that is not properly set up to drift in public roads?
Yes.

By all means leave this forum if you wish, it'd be doing us a favour anyways.

GG STFU.

Smooth-Op
01-13-2009, 04:09 PM

Does downloading mp3's cause potential wrecks to happen to the public roads therefore raising road taxes or crashing into innocent peoples cars/crashing into people?
No.

Does trying to drift a car that is not properly set up to drift in public roads?
Yes.

By all means leave this forum if you wish, it'd be doing us a favour anyways.

GG STFU.

:rofl:

Do you understand english?

4AGE
01-13-2009, 04:09 PM

Get your facts right before shitting on ppl's head.

I always said that all I want to do was drifting once in a while in HUGE EMPTY SNOWY PARKING LOTS! Got it?

And what happens when you lose control and hit a light post? Whos $$$ is it to fix it? Our fucking tax money bud.

DannyO
01-13-2009, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101
Then they go on to use Subaru winning rally's as proof you can drift? Larf. I'm a subie owner myself, but come on man wake up! Your auto Impreza will not do what you fully want it to do and neither will my Legacy. It's not a rally vehicle.

You mean my Subaru STi isn't the exact same as Subarus $500,000 WRC car? that can't be true.

Smooth-Op
01-13-2009, 04:19 PM

And what happens when you lose control and hit a light post? Whos $$$ is it to fix it? Our fucking tax money bud.

wow... Are you for real?

LadyLuck
01-13-2009, 04:21 PM

wow... Are you for real?

ummmm YAH!
WOW, you cant be THAT retarded....can you?

:facepalm:

Smooth-Op
01-13-2009, 04:24 PM

ummmm YAH!
WOW, you cant be THAT retarded....can you?

Oh come on just shut the hell up. You're always trying to find ways to justify your shit talking.

Ohhhh... I'm going to raise your taxes!!1 OMFG HAHAHAHAHHAHA!

There's not even a damn light post in the parking I'm practising.

A790
01-13-2009, 04:41 PM
... resisting... urge... to assist you... with leaving... our forum.

xmattx8
01-13-2009, 04:59 PM
I love how everyone is acting like they havn't pulled an e-brake on a snowy corner before.

gen2teggy
01-13-2009, 05:14 PM
no kidding...

viff3r
01-13-2009, 05:37 PM
Crude translation.

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.montreal-subaru-club.com%2Fmscforum%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D68428%26postdays%3D0%26postorder%3Dasc%26start%3D15&lp=fr_en&btnTrUrl=Translate
Nice to see that "douchebag" doesn't get lost in translation between english & french :rofl:

zipdoa
01-13-2009, 06:04 PM

Oh come on just shut the hell up. You're always trying to find ways to justify your shit talking.

Ohhhh... I'm going to raise your taxes!!1 OMFG HAHAHAHAHHAHA!

There's not even a damn light post in the parking I'm practising.

Do you respond to every flame? Do you realize that if you ignore them, they go away? Just stop responding, and then we won't have to lock threads 5 pages long that consist of you getting upset at other members.

Smooth-Op
01-13-2009, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by zipdoa

Do you respond to every flame? Do you realize that if you ignore them, they go away? Just stop responding, and then we won't have to lock threads 5 pages long that consist of you getting upset at other members.

Don't worry for me. I'm enjoying it.

Originally posted by xmattx8
I love how everyone is acting like they havn't pulled an e-brake on a snowy corner before.

Exactly! Ain't that funny?

... resisting... urge... to assist you... with leaving... our forum.

You must be the most unobjective moderator in history. It's so obvious everyone's bashing just to be part of the "show" or simply because they're certified assholes. If you were worthy of your title you would have locked this thread LONGGG ago and banned il09sti for restarting a closed thread.

So are you gonna ban me now?

DonJuan
01-13-2009, 06:52 PM

Noooo!! Dont try and help him! This is too hilarious! I'm waiting for the initalD reference!

n1zm0
01-13-2009, 07:12 PM
Originally posted by DonJuan
Noooo!! Dont try and help him! This is too hilarious! I'm waiting for the initalD reference!

i haven't posted yet but i'm waiting for the drift vid, then the Charlevoix Courier article on the flipped white subaru.

Originally posted by xmattx8

i did with my first car, 85 tercel 4wd.. but i didnt come onto the internet and ask HOW to do it :facepalm:

Smooth-Op
01-13-2009, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

i haven't posted yet but i'm waiting for the drift vid, then the Charlevoix Courier article on the flipped white subaru.

i did with my first car, 85 tercel 4wd.. but i didnt come onto the internet and ask HOW to do it :facepalm:

Maybe it's just that I'm smarter than you? It's my first car (and a nice one) so I believe it is legitimate to "try" gathering some informations before doing it. Doing it here, however, was definitly a mistake considering the high rate of morons which definitly includes you.

...lol some bashes me because I'm willing to do it in my first car and others because I asked advices before doing it. How coherent! You all love Mc Donald very much don't you?

BTW this translation is GOLD lol :

BlackArcher101
01-13-2009, 07:41 PM

Maybe it's just that I'm smarter than you? It's my first car (and a nice one) so I believe it is legitimate to "try" gathering some informations before doing it. Doing it here, however, was definitly a mistake considering the high rate of morons which definitly includes you.

Wait... did you just say that we didn't give you any good information?

n1zm0
01-13-2009, 08:05 PM

lol!! buddy i didnt/don't need the internet to learn how to control a car, neither does the rest of the worlds population, fk me i wonder how the hell guys like Solberg/McRae(RIP)/Burns ever learnt how to drive.. couldn't be from experience could it have?, you're definitely the moron here if you cant learn how to drive on your own srsly now..

granted there is tons of info on here.. if you listened to any of it instead of being such a troll on a power trip ("It's my first car (and a nice one) ") with your n/a subaru, you would've gotten something out of this ridiculous thread of yours..

and you went and posted in your quebec subaru club that we are all hating on subarus and 'drifting' them.. obviously lost something in your brain when translating to french...

We are not making fun of you owning a subaru or how to drift it as many ppl such as 4AGE stated, we are making fun of you for coming on here and asking 'Ha Guys, how to drive subaru?!' like really, what did you expect??..

Smooth-Op
01-13-2009, 08:12 PM

lol!! buddy i didnt/don't need the internet to learn how to control a car, neither does the rest of the worlds population, fk me i wonder how the hell guys like Solberg/McRae(RIP)/Burns ever learnt how to drive.. couldn't be from experience could it have?, you're definitely the moron here if you cant learn how to drive on your own srsly now..

granted there is tons of info on here.. if you listened to any of it instead of being such a troll on a power trip ("It's my first car (and a nice one) ") with your n/a subaru, you would've gotten something out of this ridiculous thread of yours..

and you went and posted in your quebec subaru club that we are all hating on subarus and 'drifting' them.. obviously lost something in your brain when translating to french...

We are not making fun of you owning a subaru or how to drift it as many ppl such as 4AGE stated, we are making fun of you for coming on here and asking 'Ha Guys, how to drive subaru?!' like really, what did you expect??..

How true! How dare I asking tips on drifting AWD vehicles on a car forum?!! I so deserve to be treated like a murderer child rapist antichrist nazi because of it!!!

lol^9

zipdoa
01-13-2009, 08:13 PM
why has a mod not banned and locked this yet.

Smooth-Op
01-13-2009, 08:14 PM
why has a mod not banned and locked this yet.

Because they're not doing their job?

n1zm0
01-13-2009, 08:16 PM

How true! How dare I asking tips on drifting AWD vehicles on a car forum? I so deserved to be thread like a murderer child rapist antichrist nazi because of it!

lol^9

well why don't you ask your quebec subaru club there.. all the ppl there have ... AWD subarus.. what a coincidence...... they couldnt possibly have tips on how to drive a subaru in the snow.

man if half the people on beyond could read some of the stuff these french guys are posting about ppl here... 12 years of french immersion paid off for something :thumbsup:

BlackArcher101
01-13-2009, 08:28 PM

well why don't you ask your quebec subaru club there.. all the ppl there have ... AWD subarus.. what a coincidence...... they couldnt possibly have tips on how to drive a subaru in the snow.

He did. http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.montreal-subaru-club.com%2Fmscforum%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D68428%26postdays%3D0%26postorder%3Dasc%26start%3D15&lp=fr_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

Smooth-Op
01-13-2009, 08:48 PM

He did. http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.montreal-subaru-club.com%2Fmscforum%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D68428%26postdays%3D0%26postorder%3Dasc%26start%3D15&lp=fr_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

He meant this :
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.montreal-subaru-club.com%2Fmscforum%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D68303&lp=fr_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

n1zm0
01-13-2009, 09:16 PM
'Ouais j'ai pas l'intention de retourner sur ce forum de merde anyway steur que j'ai trouvé ce forum.'

lol so we have a shitty forum and you're still here after 3 days..

'Ça mérite d'être lu. Ça donne vraiment l'goût de se splitter du reste du Canada sérieusement.'

... i thought Alberta and BC were the new separatist province, ya'll had your chance lol... if you hate the rest of Canada so much and we are a prime example of why then... yeah...

BlackArcher101
01-13-2009, 09:21 PM

He meant this :
http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_url?doit=done&tt=url&intl=1&fr=bf-home&trurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.montreal-subaru-club.com%2Fmscforum%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D68303&lp=fr_en&btnTrUrl=Translate

Thanks... copy and paste pwns me apparently.

A790
01-13-2009, 09:31 PM
Lock the thread? Nah, it's more entertaining to watch you try to fend off the entire member base ;)

zipdoa
01-13-2009, 09:33 PM
Lock the thread? Nah, it's more entertaining to watch you try to fend off the entire member base ;)

way to encourage trolling on beyond... :rolleyes: