PDA

View Full Version : Where to get a digital scale?

ee2k
01-10-2009, 12:09 PM
Looking to buy a digital weight scale, but the only ones I came across recently were at crappy tire and did not look good. Can you point me to a place where good quality and price exists?

TYMSMNY
01-10-2009, 12:12 PM
They would have it at Linen n' Things, Home Sense, Costco, Home Depot.

BumbleBeeCivic
01-10-2009, 12:37 PM
Shoppers Drug mart and London Drugs, but I dont think you should go there if you are price shopping.

Good luck!

TACO.VIDAL
01-10-2009, 01:41 PM
The Bay has them on sale every so often for amount like 25% or 40% off.

roopi
01-10-2009, 02:35 PM
Costco has a pretty nice one on sale right now. Also Walmart carries the Weight Watchers digital scales.

89s1
01-10-2009, 02:39 PM
Most head shops around town have them too. :angel:

TomcoPDR
01-10-2009, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by TYMSMNY
They would have it at Linen n' Things

No they don't.

Not saying they don't have it at Linen n things, but there's no Linen n things no more.

OP, try The Bay, Sears as well, they're a little higher up than Crappy tire.

Toma
01-10-2009, 04:00 PM
Walmart and XS-Cargo.

Best scale I ever bought though was an analog big face one at Costco.

It looked something like this, and was so precise, you could see your heartbeat in the needle as you stood on it. With the big face, you could see very accurately your weight. It was like $60, but by far the best/most repeatable scale I have had.

This is not the brand, but about what it looked like.
http://www.comforthouse.com/hanandwriswr.html

Jim Rome99
01-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Superstore have a good one that shows you your body fat % as well as your weight. Digital.

A790
01-10-2009, 05:16 PM
Fitness Depot sells digi scales w/ bodyfat measurement.

ee2k
01-10-2009, 07:28 PM
Thanks to all. I will check out the places you mention.

Toma
01-10-2009, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by Jim Rome99
Superstore have a good one that shows you your body fat % as well as your weight. Digital.

HaAve you guys ever got those thing to read accurately though??

I mean, I have tried the weight watchers, Tana, Tony Little etc (they have all the bodyfat ones at half price as XS Cargo btw)....

And they are nowhere even close to my real body fat.

Last night, I tried another one my parents just bought.... and I am a real 18% BF (measured at World's two ways, calipers and impedence ... within 0.75% of each other) and my parents scale said 32%.

BumbleBeeCivic
01-10-2009, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Toma

HaAve you guys ever got those thing to read accurately though??

I mean, I have tried the weight watchers, Tana, Tony Little etc (they have all the bodyfat ones at half price as XS Cargo btw)....

And they are nowhere even close to my real body fat.

Last night, I tried another one my parents just bought.... and I am a real 18% BF (measured at World's two ways, calipers and impedence ... within 0.75% of each other) and my parents scale said 32%.

I'm too lazy to take off my workout shoes.

I keep my scale in my workout room. I heard that the moisture in a bathroom is the quickest way to ruin a scale.