PDA

View Full Version : Help: Just got a ticket

redline_13000
10-03-2003, 12:30 AM
Just got a ticket for dong 80 in a 50 zone. Didnt even notice i was speeding my mind was somewhere else:rolleyes: anyways, i just realized that he wrote my dads name on there instead of mine. Does this mean the ticket is garbage? what can i do?

rice_eater
10-03-2003, 12:43 AM
i'm sure your dad wont be too impressed if he gets a letter in the mail summoning him to court for an unpaid ticket

403Gemini
10-03-2003, 12:54 AM
why are people always tryign to weasel their way outta tickets? you broke the law, now pay it. i dont give a shit if your mind was elsewhere, you shouldnt be driving then cause instead of breaking the law by speeding, what would have happend if you broke the law by hitting a pedestrian? do you HONESTLY think your arguement "duuuh *finger up nose* mah mind wuz on sumfin else... duuuh"

yea good like with that :rolleyes:

ramminghard
10-03-2003, 01:37 AM
lol another ticket?

kenny
10-03-2003, 02:03 AM
If you really want to fight this ticket, just get your dad to goto court and plead not guilty haha :)

ryder_23
10-03-2003, 02:17 AM
redline , cant u go a month without anythign hapenning???? geeze

well he pulled u over, yet he gave the ticket to ur dad?:?? wtft, ur clear yet ur dad wont be, lol.does ur dad know? make sure u tell him, and to fight it this way, it should be pretty easy

ur dad wasnt driving yet he got a ticket

403Gemini
10-03-2003, 02:23 AM
probably looked at insurance or something

you are indeed insured under the vehicle right...?

gkAeris
10-03-2003, 02:46 AM
if your dad has proof he wasn't driving shouldn't you be free????

like say he was at work or sumething at that time?

link785
10-03-2003, 02:55 AM
Guys, just because the cop made a mistake in names means nothing. If you go to court, the judge will just edit the names and redline will still have a ticket problem.

I could go on and on about how you deserve the ticket, yadda yadda yadda, but there's no point in doing that.

If you want to fight it, or least get more info on it because of the error of names, talk to POINTTS.

itsnotaDUB
10-03-2003, 02:58 AM
i was told that when you accept the ticket from the officers hand you are acknowlaging(sp) you broke the law and the ticket is rightfully yours, like if the wrong add. phone num.. but withg a completely diffrent name thats another story you mightaswell try what do you have to loose????
you dont have the same name as your old man right?????lol

Sean7
10-03-2003, 07:41 AM
Just go to court and plead Registerd Owner. You will probly get the ticket reduced 10 clicks anyway, then just pay the fine. Should be around $110. No one will get any demerits this way and your insurance company will never know it happend ;).

Your welcome

Sean

Weapon_R
10-03-2003, 08:33 AM
Actually, it means a lot when the cop didn't even get the name of the person on the ticket in any way whatsoever. Go down the court room 109, and explain that you got the ticket but your dad's name was on it, and that you can prove he was not driving it, and it should be erased from your record

redline_13000
10-03-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
why are people always tryign to weasel their way outta tickets? you broke the law, now pay it. i dont give a shit if your mind was elsewhere, you shouldnt be driving then cause instead of breaking the law by speeding, what would have happend if you broke the law by hitting a pedestrian? do you HONESTLY think your arguement "duuuh *finger up nose* mah mind wuz on sumfin else... duuuh"

I asked for help, not some fagget smartass.

Originally posted by ryder_23
redline , cant u go a month without anythign hapenning???? geeze

well he pulled u over, yet he gave the ticket to ur dad?:?? wtft, ur clear yet ur dad wont be, lol.does ur dad know? make sure u tell him, and to fight it this way, it should be pretty easy

ur dad wasnt driving yet he got a ticket

Ya he knows, hes like "how the fuk did this happen" hehe. Btw, it's very easy to prove my dad wasnt driving at all

:thumbsup: , i dont understand how he could write a ticket to someone not driving? the way i see it... i didnt get a ticket, and he wrote a fake ticket.

Blue Devil 2
10-03-2003, 10:35 AM

Everyone speeds, are you some angel or something?

Khyron
10-03-2003, 11:11 AM
And even if he was intentionally speeding, he SHOULD fight it. Speeding tickets are a BS money making device, not a public safety one.

Khyron

DJ Lazy
10-03-2003, 11:47 AM
If a ticket is IMPROPERLY written out by the cops, (ex: wrong name, wrong address, wrong street that the incident happened on, etc) then it is invalid, and should be taken to court and have it thrown out.

gkAeris
10-03-2003, 01:08 PM
yes

my friend got a ticket for speeding and they clicked off the junior court thing instead of the adult court by accident and boom no more ticket!

itsnotaDUB
10-03-2003, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Khyron
And even if he was intentionally speeding, he SHOULD fight it. Speeding tickets are a BS money making device, not a public safety one.

Khyron

:thumbsup:

Skyline_Addict
10-05-2003, 03:03 AM
yeah, you broke the law and you caught doing it.
pay the fine and move on with you life, it's alot easier than just sitting around and thinking about your chances of getting away with it.
don't get over 15 demerits within 2 years and you'll be fine.

everyone gets caught, and yeah in your case it was pretty innocent I guess, it's not like you were racing or anything. nobody can stay clean forever.

403Gemini
10-05-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Blue Devil 2

Everyone speeds, are you some angel or something?

of course i speed, im smart enough not to get caught tho. if i didnt i wouldnt whine like a bitch. your breaking the law, deal with it. you take the chance every time you go above the speedlimit

Khyron
10-05-2003, 11:19 PM

of course i speed, im smart enough not to get caught tho. if i didnt i wouldnt whine like a bitch. your breaking the law, deal with it. you take the chance every time you go above the speedlimit

Getting tagged has nothing to do with smarts. I haven't been caught in Alberta in over 5 years (knock on wood), and I speed pretty excessively with no detector. Plus I'm dumb as toast.

But you can bet when I do get caught I'll fight it regardless of guilt, because speed limits (especially highway/glenmore etc) are under-posted just to make money and that enrages me. I would vote based on the subject alone but it never seems to come up in elections.

Khyron

403Gemini
10-06-2003, 12:40 AM
Khyron i agree 100% that there are tons of places in calgary that its underposted. shit look at elbow. get rid of all those fuckin pedestrian crosswalks and let the lazy bastards walk to the lights to cross the road, but

Originally posted by Khyron

Khyron

isnt 100% true either. do you honestly think you should be allowed to go faster than 30 in a school/playground zone? or 50+ in a residential zone?

if so, grow up or wait until you get kids. i dont even have kids and i realize this danger. kids are fuckin retarded. doesnt matter how much they are yelled at "STAY OFF THE FUCKIN ROAD YOU QUEER" they'll still run out n do it. shit i know i did.

But yea i think macleod/deerfoot.. that should be speed limit 140 ;)

EDIT: i think they have some areas at such low speeds... cause of soccor moms... comoon middle age women are horrible drivers, YOU ALL KNOW IT! especially in a mini van. fuck anybody in a mini van sucks. i suck in a mini van! but man middle age women: no confidence, or as i was talkin to DJ Lo-Tec, their either no confidence, scared of driving, or putting on make up while talkin on the cell and inbetween all that reading a book AND brushin their teeth at the same time, or ALL the above.

so bad.

Id say only about 15% of the female drivers are amazing (probably all girls on this forum are amazing if they are showin ineterest in cars!)

but even my fiance admits men drivers have a confidence that girls dont have when it comes to vehicles... granted gets us in shit sometimes, but at least we dont stop on merge lanes ;)

Khyron
10-06-2003, 01:34 AM
Sorry, I rant so frequently I forget specifics. Yah, not talking res or school zones. I have a 50 zone by my house (they do it to "force" you to slow down for a fearsome stop sign) which I usually am doing 100 for at least a few hundred meters.

But any limit we have is BS cause it does not take into account conditions. Like, 80km/hr on crowchild is as fast as I am comfortable driving..... in the damn snow. In light traffic or at night during summer, wtf is wrong with going 120. Or highway to edmonton - that thing should be 140 at least (and it pretty much is).

I firmly believe that as long as you are not exceeding the conditions (over driving headlights, following too close, etc) there is no such thing as a surprise for an alert driver.

But what really pisses me off is the laws will not officially allow cops to be subjective and use their judgement as to "reasonable speeds" yet everyone knows cops have tons of room to be subjective if you piss them off.

Khyron

403Gemini
10-06-2003, 01:53 PM
lol 100% agree, like common totally deerfoot should be 140! then in winter be like 100 or so. they should have flip signs that change due to weather conditions :D

3G
10-06-2003, 02:00 PM
lol 100% agree, like common totally deerfoot should be 140! then in winter be like 100 or so. they should have flip signs that change due to weather conditions :D

gotta agree with you on that one:werd:

T5_X
10-06-2003, 03:53 PM
Wow, I don't visit beyond in a few weeks and now kids are bitching the highway speed limit should be raised to 140 :rolleyes:

kenny
10-06-2003, 04:05 PM

good luck merging onto deerfoot with traffic flying by at 170, notice i said 170 and not 140 because everyone will drive over the limit, regardless of what it is.

nismodrifter
10-06-2003, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by kenny

good luck merging onto deerfoot with traffic flying by at 170, notice i said 170 and not 140 because everyone will drive over the limit, regardless of what it is.

:werd:

Khyron
10-06-2003, 08:17 PM
a) I'm an old fart.
b) No speed limits on the highway worked just fine in Montana - the only issue was truck drivers. Since they were limited to a certain speed, a few fools were reckless in passing. And they missed their speeding ticket revenue.

As many traffic experts have said, raising the speed limit to something that is actually realistic reduces accidents. Altering yellow light times to be actually realistic, and give count down timers etc reduces red light running.

Unfortunately too many people believe the BS that it's all about safety and throw out the "But then everyone would go 200 mph in traffic". It's been proven that people drive what's comfortable - raise the limit to 95 mph and more people actually drive under that limit.

Khyron

403Gemini
10-06-2003, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by kenny

dunno if you realize it but people go 170 on deerfoot already lol

and KID?! you dont know me ! (i feel like this is jerry springer) I run with crypts foo! you dont know me! wuteva! wuteva! lol

TIME FOR BOOT CAMP!

Skyline_Addict
10-07-2003, 12:27 AM

dunno if you realize it but people go 170 on deerfoot already lol

and KID?! you dont know me ! (i feel like this is jerry springer) I run with crypts foo! you dont know me! wuteva! wuteva! lol

TIME FOR BOOT CAMP!

it's just the fact that there are a lot of different people with different abilities on the road. setting the standard, which happens to lower most of our standards here at beyond.ca is the only way to truly equalize the road.

itsnotaDUB
10-07-2003, 01:11 AM
this is fucked up, you want the speed limit on deerfoot to 140???, is their not enough accidents already?, of course their will be those people that will still do 100 and thats it, they re the ones that cause the accidents so how would that change anythingis it not easy enough to spot a new mini-van " broke" down on the side of the road, please ive never got a multi-nove in four years driving they are weak, i cant belive their are people out there that still get those tickets. especially on deerfoot, its understandable on a road that has more parked cars but deerfoot common.........

redec
10-07-2003, 07:22 AM
Originally posted by itsnotaDUB
i was told that when you accept the ticket from the officers hand you are acknowlaging(sp) you broke the law and the ticket is rightfully yours, like if the wrong add. phone num.. but withg a completely diffrent name thats another story you mightaswell try what do you have to loose????
you dont have the same name as your old man right?????lol

That is not true. Accepting the ticket from the police officer acknowledges nothing. You are required to accept a ticket, when one is given to you...paying the fine, or going to court and pleading guilty is how you acknowledge that you broke the law. You can actually go to jail if you refuse to accept a ticket when an officer hands it to you.

If there is anything filled out incorrectly on the ticket itself, the ticket can be thrown out because of it. (not to say it will be thrown out, but it can be)