PDA

View Full Version : Scholarship at SAIT

01-11-2009, 07:36 AM
So, just wondering if anybodys got a scholarship at SAIT, and what were your marks, where can I apply to get one and minimum gpa reccomended?

Mibz
01-11-2009, 12:37 PM
Depends what school and discipline you're in. Pretty much everybody with a 3.2 GPA or higher gets the $1,000 Jason Lang. If you're the top student in your program (Or top 1% in very large programs) you'll get the Louise McKinney instead for $2,500.

For program specific awards log in to mySait -> myStudent and click on "Awards and Scholarship Info". You can open up a list of the awards and fill out an online application for all the ones you qualify for.

I'll be honest though, unless you're an aboriginal single mother with one leg there's a good chance you won't get any. The top three students in my major didn't get a damn thing and the top student (by a larger margin) in another major didn't get anything despite "Academic Performance" being a supposedly higher priority on most of the ones we applied for. Maybe that's just in IT though.

If you've got a student loan and you'll also get some $3,000 bursary, I forget what it's called but it's similar to free money :P

Don't bother going to the Awards counter in Heritage Hall either, I've gone twice and gotten no information from anybody there. All the information you -can- get is on the Awards Guide you find online.

Wehbeast
01-11-2009, 01:07 PM
I've gotten the Jason Lang which like half of my class got, then i got the Leonard Kuhn one which apprently there is only one?

badatusrnames
01-11-2009, 01:26 PM
Grow a vagina... it helps huge in anything Science/Engineering.

01-11-2009, 01:52 PM
Thanks for your helpful information, also I am not taking a loan and am a full time student 2nd semester in Business Admin. major Accounting, are there any other helpful tips like income tax form T2202A what is that all about.