PDA

View Full Version : Best Pre-paid cell service?

ShelbyMopar
01-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Trying to find out which is the best pre-paid cell service.

I've looked around at websites (Fido, Bell, Telus, Virgin, etc) and haven't found anything that great. Did a few google searches and found some review websites, most seemed dated.

Anyway, I would like to know whats the best for texting basically.

Before I was on a plan, Solo Mobile used to have Unlimited texting for $0/month, it was included in their prepaid.

Looking to get one for my little brother, all he's probably going to use it for is texting..

Thanks to anyone who can help or provide some good insight!

TDFTW
01-12-2009, 12:31 AM
I've used Presidents Choice and Rogers. Currently with rogers.

PC Mobile (superstore) has a great pre paid phone plan.

All I did was put $15 (min. top up card you can buy is 15) onto my account, $10 was deducted for unlimited text messaging. $5 left over for calling if I ever needed to make a call.

Cost me about $30 / month cause I did a few calls.

Now I'm on stupid rogers pay as you go. I pay $20 a week and get $1/day unlimited evening weekends, regular rate 20c/min. and 2500 text messages for $10 and unlimited web browsing (which i still get charged for) for another $7.

Rogers is good. They text you if your minutes are low. $30/month and you get voice + text package.

There was a member on here selling a sim card preloaded with your plan and $50 credit for $30.

Just search rogers simcard on marketplace, the guy even delivered it for me and installed my sim card!