PDA

View Full Version : So I got out of my car...

Khyron
10-03-2003, 04:01 PM
... at an intersection, walked up 2 cars to the tools in BOTH the front lanes and actually guided them forward so they would hit the sensor to change the light we'd all been sitting at for THREE CHANGES. And then the dumb broad in the SUV rolls down her window and asks "Is there a problem?".

I mean crap - one was even a Telus van (you'd think he'd be used to driving). They were at least 10 feet back from the stop line. And the tools behind them didn't even honk. And to boot, I have a gimped foot so I'm pretty much limping to the lights and back to my car.

Stupid people :guns:

Khyron

MerfBall
10-03-2003, 04:16 PM
A better question would be how does the city think that the use of these sensors is that much more efficient given that these things probably happen all the time.

tommy1223
10-03-2003, 04:43 PM
ya i know, i hate it when that happens, one time i was on the sensor for 4 changes, and i backed up my car and rolled on to it like 3 times after that. so i moved away and let another car go on it instead of me and after 2 more changes it finally got to our turn....i hate these things.

xkon
10-03-2003, 05:12 PM
ugh i agree... south macleod to east 25 ave s is the worst one

bookem
10-03-2003, 08:28 PM
I usually blow the red late at night when i'm on my bike, no f'in way i'm gonna wait 15 minutes for some car to show up at trip the sensor.

92 Teg-B18A
10-03-2003, 09:54 PM
yeah the odd time one in Westhills hasn't worked and I've had to wait an extra light or two

Khyron
10-03-2003, 10:07 PM
Oh this sensor was working, and it's huge. I swear the 2 vehicles were 2-3 car lengths back from it though. And that itself is fine - happens to people at turn lights all the time that don't move up enough.

But to sit through 3 rotations and NOT clue in? I was amazed.

Next time I'll tap on the window and be like "So, are we gonna sit here all day, or just a few more hours?". Tho if I'd done that she'd have probably thought I was a rapist or something and shot me.

Khyron

Ben
10-04-2003, 02:53 AM
I always get the "LOOK" from people when I pull passed them at a light and up to the "STOP LINE" as if I'm going to run the light or something. People stop a good 1.5-2 car lengths before that line and especially when you are on a secondary road that requires you to set off the sensor for it to change the lights on the primary direction.

Often I will roll down my window and either point at the stop line *clearly visable* or the "STOP LINE" sign.

GTS Jeff
10-04-2003, 03:11 AM
what i do if i get the chance is pull in front of the people who are stopped too far from the stop line. i just go up and turn in front of them...because they have left that much fuckin room, that a damn car can pull in!

Seanith
10-04-2003, 11:41 AM
so is the sensor just the stop line? i never knew where it was before.. whats the problem if your on it and the other ppl aren't? why wouldn't it change the lights?

Khyron
10-04-2003, 12:18 PM
http://www.nexus-point.net/forums/map1.jpg

Clear as mud? :bigpimp:

Khyron

dcoultis
10-04-2003, 12:22 PM
when iam stopping at one i just bounce my car a littlewith the brakes when iam coming to a stop, it seems to help it "register" that there is a car there;)

VWhooligan
10-04-2003, 01:08 PM
those sensors are absolutely ridiculously priced, I know in brandon they have signs for the lights with sensors on them, like the ones that say "stop sign <---" they say "light sensor <---" so people know to creep up

kaput
10-04-2003, 01:38 PM

Khyron
10-04-2003, 02:11 PM
Just look at the road - you can totally see the outlines of where they cut the pavement to put the wire. Every red light camera has a sensor just past the stop line and on the other side of the road as well - totally visable.

They don't use weight because people on motorbikes would never work (as it is, some are flakey and we have to run the reds late at night) but most really do work.

Khyron

hjr
10-04-2003, 03:59 PM
i walk up to the line, point at the dude, undo my pants, and present the moon. It hasnt worked yet but stil i feel good about it. ;)

girlRACER
10-04-2003, 11:47 PM
Khyron, Nice diagram! Legible, precise, colorful...I'm impressed :thumbsup: :D

Davetronz
10-05-2003, 01:22 AM
Mmmmm yeaaah, I guess those people didnt get that memo!

2fast4u
10-07-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by 92 Teg-B18A
yeah the odd time one in Westhills hasn't worked and I've had to wait an extra light or two

i've noticed that one too, late at night tons of people just run the light. Its really annoying to constantly have to wait for the sensor to pick up.

aiy_yah
10-07-2003, 04:39 PM
Reminds me of the time I was stuck about 4 cars behind some doorknob who was missing the sensor on Memorial near Edmonton Trail. I ended up pulling around all 5 cars and parallel parking in front of this meathead to trigger the sensor!!

Doodle
10-10-2003, 05:54 PM
Ahh, the smart people out there...