PDA

View Full Version : EG6 b16 swap help

peterparker
01-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Hey guys
Looking to pick up a semi swapped eg6 only if i can get it running, so in need of some desperate help from the guru's.

ive done alot of searching and being the internet i get all sorts of mixed up answers.

basics
1) 1992 honda civic hatch
2) b16a2.... for clarification hyrdo clutch will get exact yr later if needed

engine came out of an already swapped eg6 took out the wiring had to run it through the dash and plug it in.

now only the 4 ways come on, lights wont turn on, car wont crank. ony 4 ways. any suggestions?

Mr_ET
01-12-2009, 12:16 PM
was the already swapped eg6 running fine before?

the b16a2 is out of a 99-00 sir so you have an obd2b engine in an obd1 car.

What ecu are you running, is the distributor plugged all hacked up?

How does the wiring look in general.

peterparker
01-12-2009, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Mr_ET
was the already swapped eg6 running fine before?

the b16a2 is out of a 99-00 sir so you have an obd2b engine in an obd1 car.

What ecu are you running, is the distributor plugged all hacked up?

How does the wiring look in general.

yes the engine was running before, and once installed into the eg its in now it has apparently fired up. the only thing changed was the cluster and the wiring under the dash was plugged in from the engine bay.

ill check out the ecu, and the distributor as far as i know isnt hacked up

wiring looks pretty much untouched actually.

AutodreamMarvin
01-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Check ALL grounds.

I've come across this problem before many times with Honda's

Mr_ET
01-12-2009, 01:30 PM
There is one on the valve cover driver side, one on the pass side frame rail that goes to the top of the transmission and the 3rd is at the back of the block next to the heater hoses and is a ground from the wiring harness.

EFHatch
01-12-2009, 03:50 PM
so is this wire harness a one piece? or does it disconnect at the engine fuse box?

sounds like the obd's are different

Mr_ET
01-12-2009, 04:26 PM
an obd2a integra harness can technically work with the obd1 plugs on the shock towers as long as you have a jumper harness at the ecu and the proper ecu to run the engine.

Not sure about obd2b and this engine is obd2b.

Sounds like he just pulled the whole harness from inside the car as well as the engine one and swapped everything over. Ton of work and would probably require removing parts of the dash to have access to it.

peterparker
01-13-2009, 11:31 AM
yah thats what he did.
ummm turns out you were right about the grounds so i attached new ground and took a heater to the oil pan
took off the dizzy cap so it was firing off no.1. put the cap on and it fired right up

on another note. looks like the car is leaking coolant out of the water pump. so now im on the hunt for a new eg.

Mr_ET
01-14-2009, 01:39 PM
That should still be fairly easy to fix with a new o ring and some new hondabond.

I would probably also look at changing the timing belt if you're already in there.

Only issue is it's a b*tch to remove the old gasket in that area when the engine is installed.

Glad to hear she starts up now though!

peterparker
01-14-2009, 02:29 PM
That should still be fairly easy to fix with a new o ring and some new hondabond.

I would probably also look at changing the timing belt if you're already in there.

Only issue is it's a b*tch to remove the old gasket in that area when the engine is installed.

Glad to hear she starts up now though!

thanks man. yah funny thing is both were replaced already!!!!!

Mr_ET
01-14-2009, 02:31 PM
Sometimes it's not always done right though :(

peterparker
01-14-2009, 03:08 PM
yah which is the reason why im no longer gonna purchase the car.
maybe you can answer a question about another civic i am looking at

its a 97 civic hatch dx w/ d16y8 eg motor with obd0, ef wiring harness attached to a jumper harness on the obd1 eg ecu?
does that set up sound right?

would you run the 0bd2 harness with a jumper harness instead?

Mr_ET
01-14-2009, 03:13 PM
and it's red right?

peterparker
01-14-2009, 03:35 PM
yup

EFHatch
01-14-2009, 03:48 PM
and it's red right?

oh noes......

I'm not one to bud into ones business but I'd steer clear of that one. Took a look at it last month and probably would take around 2500 to get it back to decent shape.

pruls
01-15-2009, 10:48 PM
how do you think it will take 2500 to fix ? id love to know ?:dunno: