PDA

View Full Version : Part time jobs, something lightly physical?

bituerbo
01-12-2009, 01:33 PM
I was thinking package sorting at UPS, FedEx or something similar, but couldn't find any postings on the jobs sections of these two companies.

Do they work eves/wkends for a job like that? Anybody doing it right now?

adidas
01-12-2009, 01:36 PM
use to work at purolator...worst job i ever had i quit 2-3 hrs into my first shift!

part time u work from like 5-8 and full time i believe is 1-8 or soemthing along those lines!

if i was you id personally look for something better!

bituerbo
01-12-2009, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by adidas
use to work at purolator...worst job i ever had i quit 2-3 hrs into my first shift!

part time u work from like 5-8 and full time i believe is 1-8 or soemthing along those lines!

if i was you id personally look for something better!

Thanks for the posting, what made it so rough?

wiggaplz
01-12-2009, 03:53 PM
yeah i worked at purolator too. you get paid every week which is coo, but other then that it sucked. 13.24 was the initial pay rate, LAWL and it was physically demanding some days in the trailer.

Definetly not worth the gas money or the time wasted going there every day for 3-4 hours.

Graham_A_M
01-12-2009, 06:26 PM
You might want to talk to Kevin Lam over at the main Napa store. Its $14-15/hr to start I believe. More late morning afternoon early evening, or just part time evenings is possible too I'm pretty sure. Or ask for Alan, hes also a manager for the warehouse.
They're pretty flexible hour and job position wise. Basically you'd be picking light orders to go out to the various stores.
here is the main store addy
http://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/Alberta/Calgary/NAPA-Auto-Parts/1109958.html?adid=00096200&what=napa&where=t2j+4j1%2C+AB

^ Alternatively you can call the individual locations, being through here.

http://www.yellowpages.ca/search/si/1/napa/Calgary%2C+AB
^ Each and every location has their own warehouse to which there are various roles.
-Good luck:)

adidas
01-13-2009, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by bituerbo

Thanks for the posting, what made it so rough?

I got hired on the spot and worked that same day! they make u read pages upon pages of useless crap like ur becoming the ceo and then make u go on the computer to read some more!

But its all about lifting, you dont stop during the whole time that you are there! I realized that i could be makin more money doin less work and not being worked like a horse! So it clicked in 2-3 hrs into the shift but i moved on from then and was able to find a pretty good job which was relax for the most part making twice the amount of money!

Mys73ri0
01-13-2009, 04:15 AM

I got hired on the spot and worked that same day! they make u read pages upon pages of useless crap like ur becoming the ceo and then make u go on the computer to read some more!

But its all about lifting, you dont stop during the whole time that you are there! I realized that i could be makin more money doin less work and not being worked like a horse! So it clicked in 2-3 hrs into the shift but i moved on from then and was able to find a pretty good job which was relax for the most part making twice the amount of money!

so what job are you working part time making $26/hour? (assuming what the other guy said about making $13/hour is true)

Graham_A_M
01-13-2009, 11:16 AM
I realized that i could be makin more money doin less work and not being worked like a horse! So it clicked in 2-3 hrs into the shift but i moved on from then and was able to find a pretty good job which was relax for the most part making twice the amount of money!
Just curious what you've moved onto:dunno:

adidas
01-13-2009, 01:06 PM
That summer once i quit i started serving at a restaurant! I avg about 25/hour but at times would get more and at times would get less!

Also bounced which was 20/hour plus grease money!

wiggaplz
01-13-2009, 05:29 PM

yeah same thing with me. it was fucking bogus. they'd start me out in "non-cons" and if you stuck around put me in a trailer. the trailer really didn't stop going and you had to stack it perfect or else the boss would bitch and cry about it. literally every couple of seconds 6 or 7 boxes would come flying at you and you were supposed to stack it all nicely.

what a joke, lol. and that place was as cliquey as it can get too.

bituerbo
01-13-2009, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by wiggaplz

what a joke, lol. and that place was as cliquey as it can get too.

That means more to me than pay or how hard the work is, I need a pleasant work environment with friendly people... or the ability to work alone.

Amysicle
01-13-2009, 09:25 PM
So it clicked in 2-3 hrs into the shift but i moved on from then and was able to find a pretty good job which was relax for the most part making twice the amount of money! Is this Canada Post?

adidas
01-13-2009, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by Amysicle
Is this Canada Post?

Purolator

Graham_A_M
01-13-2009, 11:16 PM

Also bounced which was 20/hour plus grease money! Where at? Back when I used to bounce at a popular nightclub in this rough & tough oil patch town being Whitecourt: AB, all I got was $12/hr, nothing over and above that :thumbsdow

adidas
01-13-2009, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Graham_A_M
Where at? Back when I used to bounce at a popular nightclub in this rough & tough oil patch town being Whitecourt: AB, all I got was $12/hr, nothing over and above that :thumbsdow

BLVD 18th ave and 4st

Chimaera
01-14-2009, 07:52 PM
Haha I "F***** Pudros"at Purolator for almost a year and a half during college. Was fun sometimes but when the boss is a satanic leprechaun the thrill wears of fast.

Originally posted by bituerbo
I was thinking package sorting at UPS, FedEx or something similar, but couldn't find any postings on the jobs sections of these two companies.

Do they work eves/wkends for a job like that? Anybody doing it right now?

Jonel
02-03-2009, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Chimaera
Haha I "F***** Pudros"at Purolator for almost a year and a half during college. Was fun sometimes but when the boss is a satanic leprechaun the thrill wears of fast.

Which boss was it? Clint? Jim?

Chimaera
02-03-2009, 02:32 PM
Yup, I was under Jim, and then of course "Clunt" ran the place.

Jonel
02-03-2009, 03:38 PM
Lol they just call him lil hitler now.

I worked retail before and now data entry in the US room. As long as you work in the evenings when the bosses aren't around it's cake and free money. But I hear it can be pretty stressful when it comes to dock and truck workers.