PDA

View Full Version : Shipping salvage from Edmonton to Calgary

LV SLUGGER
01-12-2009, 04:26 PM
I am planing on buyin a salvage jaguar from edmonton. How can I bring it to calgary from edmonton I called a couple of shipping companys but they will not take a salvage car please helpp

dannie
01-12-2009, 05:10 PM
Is it drivable?

sergejsk2
01-12-2009, 05:32 PM
get a truck+trailor

LV SLUGGER
01-12-2009, 05:58 PM
not drivible, i have a truck and called uhal and they give the trailer for $74 plus gst. So my nexy question. i have no keys for the jaguar so how can i put it into nutral and push it up the ramp?

Graham_A_M
01-12-2009, 06:12 PM
^ You're probably going to need to get Keys made, as you'll need to both turn on the ignition to steer it, and to put it in neutral. That'll cost you around $75-100 depending on who you call, but there are many mobile locksmith companies that can do that for you.

You can rent a truck and trailer from Shaw truck leasing, or Radars rentals I believe (perhaps they'd rent only the trailer). Driving Force rents trucks I know, and possibly trailers as well.

Avoid Uhaul, they're a disaster, and their trucks are piles of shit that should not be road legal.:thumbsdow

LV SLUGGER
01-12-2009, 06:53 PM
I was told by Jaguar that they cant make the key in Alberta. It has to be made in Tronto so i would some how have to relase to tranmission and steering lock for me to bring it here

wannabelow
01-13-2009, 12:32 AM
the jag is rwd right?

go under and unhook the drive shaft

back stright up to it and push

sergejsk2
01-13-2009, 12:42 AM
punch the window out, put the e brake down, find a bunch of randoms tell them youll buy them a case of beer to help you push the car up the ramp = problem solved

Shlade
01-13-2009, 12:59 AM
I bought a car from an auction in edmonton, I had it delivered to calgary on the companys truck that was coming down to Calgary with other cars, Just ask the Salvage company if they have any cars that are being delivered to calgary, Is this Diamond Auto by any chance? If it is i think i can help you out because Im friends with the owner.

SNAATCH
01-13-2009, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by sergejsk2
punch the window out, put the e brake down, find a bunch of randoms tell them youll buy them a case of beer to help you push the car up the ramp = problem solved

How about the fact he can't get his car out of park because he has no keys?

LV SLUGGER
01-13-2009, 01:25 AM
the locks are open but its auto so that idea wont work ill try to unhook the drive shaft anyone have any advice on how to do that?