PDA

View Full Version : My Car is cursed....

joyridder
01-12-2009, 08:36 PM
Has this happened to anyone else?? Own a vehicle and seem to run into endless problems with it, or just have plain bad luck with it?? Almost like it attracted problems? Useless no-fault accidents such as being rear ended, minor issues such as your boss running into your car TWICE while its parked causing a total of $7200 damage:facepalm: ??...
I could recap on the "bad luck" that I have had with the car....but needless to say I feel at this point I simply want get rid of this car all together, but the catch is its financed and really it only has 20K km on it. I love this car other than its simply cursed.....I feel unsafe now, lol

Anyone else have similar stories??

Mibz
01-12-2009, 08:42 PM
My Protege 5 was cursed. I traded it in after 2 months for the SRT-4 and haven't had a problem in over two years. No regrets.

badatusrnames
01-12-2009, 08:46 PM
Baha, I have a friend who says the same thing.

But she is just a shitty/aggressive driver that attracts accidents and doesn't know how to properly maintain her car.

But she still insists that it's the car that's cursed...

MintRacer
01-12-2009, 08:50 PM
meh.. i was cursed with a acura legend.. totally murphy's law with that lemon... spent over 10K on that rat box and it was still a rust bucket.

finally parted ways after like 5 years with that 88 coupe... probably one of the smartest decisions in my life ha!

sr20s14zenki
01-12-2009, 08:55 PM
When a car starts fucking you, sell it and let it fuck somebody else.

JRSC00LUDE
01-12-2009, 11:36 PM
My X-Trail was the same way.

14K+ damage from getting hit while parked on the street when just a few months old, whole side keyed later on, bumpers bashed later on.....oh well, it's not mine anymore. :)

heavyD
01-13-2009, 08:06 AM
Originally posted by joyridder
Has this happened to anyone else?? Own a vehicle and seem to run into endless problems with it, or just have plain bad luck with it?? Almost like it attracted problems? Useless no-fault accidents such as being rear ended, minor issues such as your boss running into your car TWICE while its parked causing a total of $7200 damage:facepalm: ??...
I could recap on the "bad luck" that I have had with the car....but needless to say I feel at this point I simply want get rid of this car all together, but the catch is its financed and really it only has 20K km on it. I love this car other than its simply cursed.....I feel unsafe now, lol

Anyone else have similar stories??

Sounds like getting a different vehicle won't change your luck as long as your boss is a useless fucktard behind the wheel.

prae
01-13-2009, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by heavyD

Sounds like getting a different vehicle won't change your luck as long as your boss is a useless fucktard behind the wheel.

haha :rofl: no doubt, how does one hit a parked car TWICE?!

Story, OP?

Tomaz
01-13-2009, 10:14 AM
I have noticed that my cars are not cursed, but I am!

Almost every car I have ever been behind the wheel of or have sat in has had multiple issues.

For example, just in the last 6 months alone:

Roomies car, sat in it and the car lost a coil-pack somehow :dunno:.

My Jag - Lost all heaters and blower motors.

My Volvo - Spun out transmission, air bag malfunction, and heater core burst coming back home from Beyond summer cruise.

The Bonneville - spun out transmission, bent rim, blew out 2 new tires pulling out of parent’s driveway.

Mom's PT Cruiser - Snapped off tire pressure meters.

Friends Acura CSX - Service engine soon randomly turns on when I start driving it.

Friend’s mustang - Air filter collapsed into itself, choked out engine.

I think I should just stay away from cars. :cry:

alloroc
01-13-2009, 11:16 AM
Tomaz, other than the service engine light on the honda (which could probably be quickly fixed by pulling the code. Those problems are not you but those manufacturers' usual engineering/quality issues.

GQBalla
01-13-2009, 11:21 AM
^^ i think he means he's bad luck

Tarrantula
01-13-2009, 11:29 AM
Originally posted by Tomaz

Almost every car I have ever been behind the wheel of or have sat in has had multiple issues.

My Volvo - Spun out transmission, air bag malfunction, and heater core burst coming back home from Beyond summer cruise.

The Bonneville - spun out transmission, bent rim, blew out 2 new tires pulling out of parent’s driveway.

Friends Acura CSX - Service engine soon randomly turns on when I start driving it.

Maybe you should Buy a bike tom? Sounds safer.. at least there is only 2 tires to blow!

HAHAHAHA

Its alright, my 300z had like.. 15000$ put into it.. on stupid small shit.

joyridder
01-13-2009, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by prae

haha :rofl: no doubt, how does one hit a parked car TWICE?!

Story, OP?

I basically work out of a residence vs. a commercial property. so its a long drive way with parking access for 5-6 vehicles. My Boss was basically backing out, in his ram with a load of metal and simply hit my car on the left side as he was backing out. First incident caused $2600 damage - replaced my front panel, bumper, and headlight, and dent in drivers door. This time caused $4600 damage - replacing, drivers door, mirror, passenger door, rear side panel, bottom panel, both door handles/ locks. Oh and the damage to both insides of each door frame.
He told me yesterday that he has never gotten in to any accidents except in this driveway, and both coincidentally involving my car alone.
Fun Stuff! lol either I am personally cursed, or its the damn car...lol

Tomaz
01-13-2009, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by alloroc
Tomaz, other than the service engine light on the honda (which could probably be quickly fixed by pulling the code. Those problems are not you but those manufacturers' usual engineering/quality issues.

It is still pretty shitty luck for all that to happen in 6 months!

Tarrantula
01-13-2009, 12:06 PM

It is still pretty shitty luck for all that to happen in 6 months!

Its karma, for destroying a perfectly good integra.

haha

rage2
01-13-2009, 12:10 PM
My SLK32 AMG was cursed. Rear ended twice stopped at the light lights, intercooler leaked replaced under warranty which introduced dirt into a sensor deep in the system causing AMG techs grief all over western canada... the car accelerated on it's own, stalled, lost power for 12 months of my 3 years of ownership lol.

buh_buh thinks my M3 is cursed by the mod gods since I've turbo'd it. The alternator has died, TPS sensor has failed, SMG hydraulic pump failed, coil failed (recall item), and some chick turned without checking and took out my front fender and bumper. All stuff completely unrelated to the mods, and common problems on the M3 (minus the asian chick accident part).

5000Audi
01-13-2009, 12:15 PM
yeah i had a cursed car also, was a 2003 Cavalier Z24 brand new...( got when i was 17) i got into 5 accidents in one year.. none were my fault, it was from asian girl running stop sign on 61st St SE to guy rear ending me at a police check stop( i know i know lol) but after the first year it was just problems with the car, head gasket, tranny, got it fixed through warentee and traded that pos in for a differant car

chkolny541
01-13-2009, 12:31 PM
yea i recommend a bus pass tomaz

Tomaz
01-13-2009, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by chkolny541
yea i recommend a bus pass tomaz

Well, with all of my cars out of commission, I had no choice but to get one! :(
I hope to have them all running again by June :nut:

xmattx8
01-13-2009, 10:46 PM
Just dump all your worries on an unsuspecting beyonder in the marketplace.

Tarrantula
01-14-2009, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by xmattx8
Just dump all your worries on an unsuspecting beyonder in the marketplace.

That or some 18 year old that will spend his student line on it... kind of like the 18 year old that bought my 300z.

joyridder
01-14-2009, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by 5000Audi
yeah i had a cursed car also, was a 2003 Cavalier Z24 brand new...( got when i was 17) i got into 5 accidents in one year.. none were my fault, it was from asian girl running stop sign on 61st St SE to guy rear ending me at a police check stop( i know i know lol) but after the first year it was just problems with the car, head gasket, tranny, got it fixed through warentee and traded that pos in for a differant car

Rear ended in a check stop, hahaha same thing happened to me in November! Young girl in a jeep could not stop in time as the road was slippery from raining...too funny! had to get my bumper replaced...lol

A790
01-14-2009, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Tarrantula

That or some 18 year old that will spend his student line on it... kind of like the 18 year old that bought my 300z.
Studen loan PVR, studen loan brand new car :D

Tarrantula
01-14-2009, 01:45 PM
Boo yeah.

brandon
01-14-2009, 01:49 PM

Don't forget to add the STI you totalled while street racing on the deerfoot in heavy traffic.

I'm sure it's all bad luck ;)

Generic
01-14-2009, 05:47 PM
My friend had an e36 BMW that cost about $5000 in one month, clutch died, tranny needed to be rebuilt, motor mounts broke off, ABS system malfunctioned and was replaced, airbags and airbag unit were replaced, catalyic converter and muffler were replaced, brake lines froze up, brakes + rotors were replaced, timing belt was done with clutch, the whole electrical system was shit and failed, waterpump failed and fan blade went through hood and through radiator causing $2800 dollars damage. The car had less than 200k on it.

Tomaz
01-15-2009, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by brandon

Don't forget to add the STI you totalled while street racing on the deerfoot in heavy traffic.

I'm sure it's all bad luck ;)

I said past 6 months, not 3 years ago.

rumeo
01-15-2009, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
When a car starts fucking you, sell it and let it fuck somebody else.

my buddy used to have an accord, nothing but bad luck, always getting pulled over for no reason, dumbest tickets, constant hit and runs. finally he sold it, next guy rear ends a cop lol

FilthyMcNasty
01-15-2009, 03:06 PM
If youve ever owned a DSM youve probably dropped 5gs into it. and still wanna sell it..

Generic
01-15-2009, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by FilthyMcNasty
If youve ever owned a DSM youve probably dropped 5gs into it. and still wanna sell it..

no kidding those are moneypits