PDA

View Full Version : LF: Home based employment

GQNammer
01-12-2009, 11:02 PM
I'm trying to look for any jobs available that you can work from home. I only have a high school education and work experience is mostly in customer service and labour. This would be a secondary source of income. Not looking to make a ton of money just need extra income to make ends meet. Any suggestions would be apreciated. Thank you

4doorj
01-12-2009, 11:12 PM
I think telus or one of those companies has a work from home customer service jobs.

03ozwhip
01-13-2009, 07:18 AM
^^^they do, but part time isnt eligible

rony_espana
01-13-2009, 09:58 AM
I believe the IBM call center downtown does that....

GQNammer
01-13-2009, 02:55 PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I don't think call centers would be feasable beacause the reason why I need to work at home is because I'll be taking care of my 2 year old daughter. So answering a phone while having my daughter yelling "Daddy" because i'm not paying attention to her is probably not very professional.

I guess I'm looking for something that's data entry like that I can log in from home or any production work I can do from home. Thanks

Gainsbarre
01-13-2009, 03:28 PM
There are data entry jobs where you can work at home whenever there is a census (typically civic) conducted -- it's only periodic work though, and I'm not too sure when the next one will be.

Kritafo
01-13-2009, 03:45 PM
Why don't you babysit, it will give your child a playmate and cash. There are plenty of dayhomes that aren't licensed and lots of people are always looking for childcare.

Before I started my own business and ebay days were better I bought and sold high end kids clothes online made a great extra income and kept my kids in really nice clothes.

Sophal
01-13-2009, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by Kritafo
Why don't you babysit, it will give your child a playmate and cash. There are plenty of dayhomes that aren't licensed and lots of people are always looking for childcare.

Before I started my own business and ebay days were better I bought and sold high end kids clothes online made a great extra income and kept my kids in really nice clothes.

that is a great idea but it would be kinda creepy dropping your kids off at a dudes house.

Kritafo
01-13-2009, 08:49 PM
If he had a police security check I think it would put people at ease.