PDA

View Full Version : Really really stupid transit driver

rice_balls
01-14-2009, 12:57 AM

Bimmer88
01-14-2009, 01:03 AM
Well... you can deal with the city but if it doesn't work I suggest contacting Global News. ;) That'll get the city to talk.

adidas
01-14-2009, 02:30 AM
Sorry to hear but glad it all turned out great!

Ive noticed that alot of bus drivers are idiots! I will hardly ever drive beside them, behind them, infront of them, i know what kinda idiots operate that big piece of metal and theyve come too close way too many times!

As far as filing a complaint...a few years ago my sis called in to see what was going on with the bus that has not come for an hour and a half...she got bitched at by the person in the call center and was told "why dont you buy ur own buss and you drive it"

So if its still like that which for some reason its tellin me that it is, then i dont see your complaint going far. If it does, then all the best!

Enhance
01-14-2009, 02:54 AM
Right... I'm sure this story is a little bit more than a little bit of an overreaction.

BlackArcher101
01-14-2009, 04:18 AM
Bit of an exaggeration probably but glad everyone is ok.

DNSRadio
01-14-2009, 04:46 AM
glad everyone is ok
but call 411 or 311 or something and complain to the city for not cleanin the inside roads.. at least once...
then there wouldnt be probs like this..

i called and complained..
they said they might do something because even the mayor was stuck today.. lol
so who knows...

lets just hope for the best.

Spoons
01-14-2009, 05:51 AM
Welcome to Calgary...

Were the drivers are retarded and the bus drivers are even more retarded.

I fucking hate them.

5000Audi
01-14-2009, 06:46 AM
good to hear the family is ok.. calgary bus drivers are idiots... calgary roads are shit, going to my moms house on a residential road not even going 15K and my car slid into the ruts in the snow and took me within inches of a car that parked to far from the curb...if i didnt have AWD i would have hit the car...to drive down the same road to leave my moms, a honda civic had hit this car..cops on scene and everything... soo city need to get off thier ass and while the main roads are in good shape now, should be going down side roads and residential ones...

nj2Type-S
01-14-2009, 07:26 AM
dang, bro....that's gay...glad your family's ok, though....

:thumbsdow to that bus driver

m3_powered
01-14-2009, 07:27 AM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101

Exaggeration, right? o.k Mr. Bus driver
glad no one was hurt

topmade
01-14-2009, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by m3_powered

Exaggeration, right? o.k Mr. Bus driver
glad no one was hurt
I agree that there some bad bus drivers, but they wouldn't hit a car on purpose like that. There was probably more then enough room to get through so that's why the bus didn't slow down.

Anyone take the 301 home from downtown at around 4:30pm where the one driver is always honking his horn, cutting people off, and opening his window to argue and yell at other drivers?

The_Rural_Juror
01-14-2009, 08:39 AM
Originally posted by topmade

Anyone take the 301 home from downtown at around 4:30pm where the one driver is always honking his horn, cutting people off, and opening his window to argue and yell at other drivers?

I have seen that guy driving another bus. There was this one time when he wouldn't open the door to let someone in because the guy tapped on it to get the driver's attention. :rofl:

Kona9
01-14-2009, 08:40 AM
Originally posted by Bimmer88
Well... you can deal with the city but if it doesn't work I suggest contacting Global News. ;) That'll get the city to talk.

Pretty sure that Global won't stop the fire just to TELL a story about a bad bus driver and an 'almost' incident. What message will that send to viewers? What kind of ratings will that give the station? Although an unfortunate incident with positive outcome, the news doesn't give a shit about something that didn't happen. (ie: collision)

khtm
01-14-2009, 08:48 AM
So your wife's car was blocking traffic illegally because she can't drive in snow and got stuck, and the bus went around her too fast? Is that the problem? I'm confused. :dunno:

urban.one
01-14-2009, 08:54 AM
Glad everyones OK.

This poster beat me to it though.
Sounds like the driver is like many I see who cant drive in reverse and always back over the lawn and curb when reversing out of a driveway. However this time there was a snow bank and poor conditions on the road.
Save your breath with the calls to the city. Take the driver to a parking lot in the evening and do some reserve driving instruction.

You might also want to show those involved where the button for the hazzards lights is located in your car.

Originally posted by khtm
So your wife's car was blocking traffic illegally because she can't drive in snow and got stuck, and the bus went around her too fast? Is that the problem? I'm confused. :dunno:

Kona9
01-14-2009, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by urban.one
Glad everyones OK.

Sounds like the driver is like many I see who cant drive in reverse and always back over the lawn and curb when reversing out of a driveway. However this time there was a snow bank and poor conditions on the road.
Save your breath with the calls to the city. Take the driver to a parking lot in the evening and do some reserve driving instruction.

You might also want to show those involved where the button for the hazzards lights is located in your car.

Seriously no intention to stir the pot or anger the OP, as I feel for him and his feelings towards his children. Let alone being the man of the house and not being able to be around.

ALTHOUGH, if the situation was as dangerous as it almost proved to be, perhaps take the kids out of the car and then get the car properly mobile. Always an after thought, but something to remember.

Xtrema
01-14-2009, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by Kona9
ALTHOUGH, if the situation was as dangerous as it almost proved to be, perhaps take the kids out of the car and then get the car properly mobile. Always an after thought, but something to remember.

It's a good idea but tough when you have a 2 & 3 yr old. It takes time to strap them in or get them out.

I think the lesson here is that if your house is on a bus route, clear off the snow on the road as well as sidewalk so cars won't get stuck in the first place.

Because the next time it may not be an asshole bus driver who think there's room to blow by but a drunk who can't see you in the dark of the night.

eb0i
01-14-2009, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by Xtrema

It's a good idea but tough when you have a 2 & 3 yr old. It takes time to strap them in or get them out.

That's why it is always important to carry a bottle of chloroform.

clem24
01-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by urban.one

WTF... Obviously you're a stupid shit. With the warm weather yesterday, the 1 or 2 feet of snow that was packed tightly on residential roads suddenly softened up and created some insanely difficult maneuvering. I was having trouble maneuvering and steering in my Legacy with studded winters. Even a car with winter tires would have trouble getting through the mounds of snow on residential roads. So STFU before you start jumping to conclusions.

And re-reading your post.. Not sure what your problem is.. Even you admit that there was a snow bank and poor road conditions. So do you think better driving skills can overcome physical barriers such as snow? :banghead:

The only thing I would have to add is the credibility of all the people involved. 70km/h is only an estimated speed. The bus could have been going only 40 but the appearance could have been faster than it was. 2nd, because it involved kids, was dark, and appeared dangerous, it's possible the bus may not have been en route to actually hit the car. Unless the driver was drunk, I don't see how a bus would just knowingly try to ram a car on the side of the road. That part just doesn't make any sense. So my question would be, was there exaggeration on the part of the witnesses.

In any case, if this situation did happen to me, I'd probably freak out too. But somethings just don't quite come together in this case. But glad everyone is ok.

The real lesson here to everyone is GET WINTER TIRES to minimize these kinds of situations ( don't know if winters were installed in this case). And back up on to driveways so that you can dash out. :D

As for all bus drivers are stupid comments... That's pretty unfair. Yes there definitely are the bad ones out there, but it definitely is not the majority. I for one, sympathize with bus drivers. It's bad enough having to maneuver my nimble car around in rush hour traffic, but having to maneuver a big bus in the same conditions? On narrow lanes? With REGULAR DRIVERS constantly cutting you off and trying to get in front of you? That would drive me insane. Get a life people. But having said that, LOL at the crazy 301 bus driver. :rofl:

rice_balls
01-14-2009, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Enhance
Right... I'm sure this story is a little bit more than a little bit of an overreaction.

Riiiight.... over reaction eh? When there were 3 people watching this from outside of the car seeing this happen. I could understand maybe if it was only my wife seeing this but my sister and her neighbour saw this happen and they all panicked.

rice_balls
01-14-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by clem24

The only thing I would have to add is the credibility of all the people involved. 70km/h is only an estimated speed. The bus could have been going only 40 but the appearance could have been faster than it was. 2nd, because it involved kids, was dark, and appeared dangerous, it's possible the bus may not have been en route to actually hit the car. Unless the driver was drunk, I don't see how a bus would just knowingly try to ram a car on the side of the road. That part just doesn't make any sense. So my question would be, was there exaggeration on the part of the witnesses.

In any case, if this situation did happen to me, I'd probably freak out too. But somethings just don't quite come together in this case. But glad everyone is ok.

He may not have been on route to hit the car but it was close enough to cause a scare. Should atleast slow down in the road conditions that were present.

The real lesson here to everyone is GET WINTER TIRES to minimize these kinds of situations ( don't know if winters were installed in this case). And back up on to driveways so that you can dash out. :D

There were 4 winter tires on the car. I told her next time turn the car around while on the driveway and dash out.

topmade
01-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Bottom line was that there was probably enough room, but idiot driver should of slowed down a bit just incase the car popped out. We all know that bus drivers are part of an elite driving force :rolleyes:

Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror

I have seen that guy driving another bus. There was this one time when he wouldn't open the door to let someone in because the guy tapped on it to get the driver's attention. :rofl:
I saw one time an east indian driver (this isn't a racist, but related to the situation) didn't open the door because someone did that. The traffic was pretty slow, so the guy who tapped the door ran to the next stop and totally bitched out the driver and he was east indian as well and said "We're from the same place......." and it just went on and on, it was pretty funny. I thought the driver would kick him off but he didn't and the guy eventually had nothing else to say and stayed quite for the rest of the ride:rofl:

chkolny541
01-14-2009, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101

agreed, prolly exaggerated. When your standing still with a bus coming towards you its tough to say "ITS GOING 70 km/h!". And you should also tell your wife to learn where the hazard light button is, and also i dont really see the trouble that would be involved in moving the kids either outside the car, or back inside the house where its warms anyways.

Busses arent going to act like battering rams

/crappy thread

birchy
01-14-2009, 02:50 PM
On a similar note..

I'd say 75% of transit drivers make me ill on a regular basis.

I've always had a weaker than average stomach when it comes to motion sickness.. but I just cannot stand the GAS,BRAKE,GAS,BRAKE,GAS,BRAKE style of driving! Gets me every time.

For awhile I sort of thought.. "hmm, maybe the air brakes are alot more sensitive or something?".. but just last week I was actually sitting in a spot where I could watch the drivers feet.. yeah, no. He was hitting the gas, then the brake, then the gas.. makes me wonder if some of them do it on purpose to see if they can make anyone puke!!

At one point.. we were approaching a merge lane.. there was a car a couple bus lengths ahead of us that was stopped, trying to merge.. bus driver starts to slow down, but then changes his mind and accelerates quickly for a second, then hits the brake again, then accelerates briefly AGAIN, then hits the brake again and slows down fully.

Seriously!! What the hell? Were you in fear of slowing down to fast or what? Is it really that hard to be a smooth driver?! If I do ever have to puke.. I just might have to do it right in the drivers lap!

calgarygts
01-14-2009, 03:06 PM
I've always wondered about that too....it's definitely the style the busdrivers use and I always wondered if that's what they're taught to do for some reason. Seems retarded to me.

clem24
01-14-2009, 03:15 PM
OH and then there's the *** RETARDED *** bus drivers that drive their empty buses like Ferraris as they are heading back to the bus depot by Stampede. They absolutely PIN it going on McLeod under the 9th Ave railway bridge and continue to PIN it until they have to turn onto Eastbound 12th Ave SE. And this is the middle of rush hour.

Anyways.. To reiterate my point.. I am just glad everyone is ok but people do tend to exaggerate when they are thinking with their emotions. And this is definitely in no defense of the bus driver and what he did.

anarchy
01-14-2009, 03:22 PM

Agreed.
No offense to the OP at all, just seems a bit exagerrated. Hard to imagine a bus going 70km/h on a residential, although I don't doubt he was probably going much faster than he should have. And I doubt he would just run into your car without making any attempt to stop.

BUT...having said all that, it's still a dangerous situation regardless, and I would be flippin mad if that happened to my family as well. Glad it turned out okay for you OP, could have been a helluva lot worse.

Not sure what a complaint will do though, probably not much to be honest. It's not like they're going to send a mass message to all drivers and say "Hey! One of you guys almost hit somebody! Slow down bitches!"

GQBalla
01-14-2009, 03:35 PM
Good to hear everyone is alright .

but wow bus drivers are fcuked up.

i hate them ive been cut off by so many bus drivers that don't even use their signals.

twice ive had myself passing a bus and the bus is slowly creeping into my lane. Once i had to pull into a shoulder.

Once ive almost been smoked by a bus where i was turning but into a freeflowing lane, not a yield or merge(my go right?) Bus in the far left lane of nose hill drive and crowfoot by the co op.

WRONG once i passed the corner this bus comes out barrelling outta no where, from the most left hand lane into the right hand lane.

I must have come within a ft of having the bus cream me and my GF

DJ_NAV
01-14-2009, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
cream me and my GF

Thats what she said. LOL.:rofl: :rofl:

Boat
01-14-2009, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla

but wow bus drivers are fcuked up.

i hate them ive been cut off by so many bus drivers that don't even use their signals.

twice ive had myself passing a bus and the bus is slowly creeping into my lane. Once i had to pull into a shoulder.

Once ive almost been smoked by a bus where i was turning but into a freeflowing lane, not a yield or merge(my go right?) Bus in the far left lane of nose hill drive and crowfoot by the co op.

WRONG once i passed the corner this bus comes out barrelling outta no where, from the most left hand lane into the right hand lane.

I must have come within a ft of having the bus cream me and my GF

Sounds like most of my encounters.
I've seen a bus driver completely cut off another bus driver in rush hour traffic on bow trail heading west :rofl:
They rarely use their signals.
This one time the bust came across 2 lanes to get out of a bus stop lane, and almost hit me...just to turn back into his lane.

Theres this fucker that drives the 137/143 at nights and he wears headphones and he always misses the stops because he has his earbuds in... wtf is with that?

birchy
01-14-2009, 04:16 PM
Another "favorite" of mine is the male driver who's overly LOUD and OBNOXIOUS to the customers!

Some of the new buses have that 'strip' on the back doors now that you just have to touch (instead of push). Well of course it's going to take some time for certain people to get used to this.. seeing as all the other buses since the history of time you've had to push.

This one bus driver was berating people.. 'JUST TOUCH IT, DON'T PUSH!" and the customer would say "that's what i'm trying to do". "NO. YOU'RE PUSHING IT.. I COULD OPEN THAT DOOR WITH MY PINKY FINGER!!"

I just about told the guy to shut his mouth and stop berating customers when his job is CUSTOMER SERVICE.

Oh.. and have you ever seen someone try to take a 'transfer' slip, instead of asking for it? I've seen it a couple times and I was ready to see the bus driver take the person outside and curb stomp them! My gawd!

GQBalla
01-14-2009, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by DJ_NAV

Thats what she said. LOL.:rofl: :rofl:

you sickoooo

LOL

back on thread -

im so glad i only have to take the train to work.

TomcoPDR
01-14-2009, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by birchy

Oh.. and have you ever seen someone try to take a 'transfer' slip

What kinda era do we live in when we're still using recycled phone book transfer slips. :whipped:

Eleanor
01-14-2009, 04:34 PM
^ What's a phone book? :confused:

TomcoPDR
01-14-2009, 04:47 PM
Phone book recycled paper material :dunno:

http://housesitterwanted.com/images-housesitterwantedneeded/phone-book1.jpg
http://www.futuregringo.com/2007November/phonebook.JPG
http://www.littlelostrobot.com/images/phonebook_after.jpg
http://images01.trafficz.com/cache/h3w4/500_1189647780_yellow_pages.jpg
http://www.modestogov.com/prnd/hotteam/phone%20books.jpg

Eleanor
01-14-2009, 04:51 PM
The comment wasn't serious first off, but the random assortment of phone book images made it way better. :rofl:

rice_balls
01-14-2009, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by chkolny541

agreed, prolly exaggerated. When your standing still with a bus coming towards you its tough to say "ITS GOING 70 km/h!". And you should also tell your wife to learn where the hazard light button is, and also i dont really see the trouble that would be involved in moving the kids either outside the car, or back inside the house where its warms anyways.

Busses arent going to act like battering rams

/crappy thread

Might be exaggerated, but I am not here to argue the speed of the bus. Even if the bus was going at the speed limit at 50 km/h it would of done some serious damage to the car. I think that is far worse than a battering ram. Seeing how "some" transit driver's are driving, i could say that they think they are driving a tank.

Originally posted by chkolny541

/crappy thread

Ok, thanks for your un-needed extra words there.

On another note, it's always easy to think up an after thought of what should or could have been done. Especially when things that could have been catastrophic occur, thankfully not in this case. Any parent in the same situation i am sure let it be 50 or 70km/h would most likely be scared shitless if this were to happen right in front of their eyes. You wouldn't go over 50 passing a police vehicle on a clear highway driving a normal size car. (You'll get a ticket and its a safety hazard for the officer), so why would anyone on a day where all the packed snow is melting and making it a hazard to driving even pass someone at a speed exceeding the speed limit?
I agree things could have been done differently like i have said in an earlier post and it doesn't anger me at all when posters suggest things that could have been done. But when I see retarted replies like this it just makes me shake my head. I hope someday this type of situation will happen to you and maybe you will emerge on here with a "crappy thread" too.

Beware beyonders, dont get stuck in the snow on a bus route in Rockyridge. Thats where it happend.

rice_balls
01-14-2009, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Phone book recycled paper material :dunno:

http://housesitterwanted.com/images-housesitterwantedneeded/phone-book1.jpg
http://www.futuregringo.com/2007November/phonebook.JPG
http://www.littlelostrobot.com/images/phonebook_after.jpg
http://images01.trafficz.com/cache/h3w4/500_1189647780_yellow_pages.jpg
http://www.modestogov.com/prnd/hotteam/phone%20books.jpg

^^:rofl:
Thanks that helped alot!

2.0turbo
01-14-2009, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by DNSRadio
glad everyone is ok
but call 411 or 311 or something and complain to the city for not cleanin the inside roads.. at least once...
then there wouldnt be probs like this..

i called and complained..
they said they might do something because even the mayor was stuck today.. lol
so who knows...

lets just hope for the best.

Then there would be a different problem, like nowhere to park because of the snow on the side of the road.

Maybe they should equip the buses with snow tires, that is a better idea.

Spoons
01-14-2009, 09:05 PM
All in all the bus could of very well went around? 100% if I saw you parked halfway out and there was no traffic in the opposite direction.

Also if he could get it out of the way fast enough and back into the drive way... why the fuck didn't you do that in the first place? Instead you left the car out sticking it to the road to shovel.

There is both sides to this story... and both sides maybe weren't thinking.

You're both at fault here.

PS: With the other comments said... if your car is stuck and at some sort of danger, don't be a fucking lazy ass and get the kids out of the car. Pretty sure if my car say was stuck in the middle of a road I would toss the hazards on and get the fuck out of the car.

m3_powered
01-15-2009, 01:28 AM
lots of assumptions going on here; truth is only the people who witness the incident knows what really happened; whether the bus was really going 70 or 30 km/hr, it was fast enough for all 3 witnesses to panick. That alone is indicative of some truth to the story. I would po'ed if those were my kids in that vehicle.

chkolny541
01-15-2009, 12:48 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

PS: With the other comments said... if your car is stuck and at some sort of danger, don't be a fucking lazy ass and get the kids out of the car. Pretty sure if my car say was stuck in the middle of a road I would toss the hazards on and get the fuck out of the car.

this^^.

if my kids were sitting in a stuck car half on the road, it doesnt matter if the kids are 3 months or 10 years, you should really have gotten them out of the car and back in the house if needed

o, and how about

/end greatest thread of the year :thumbsup:

nickyh
01-15-2009, 12:58 PM
Back when I went to Lord Beaverbrook High, my then boyfriend (now husband) was dropping me off.
We were a little way back from a bus who pulled over to either pick someone up or drop someone off, we proceeded to pass the bus that was pulled over - and the guy swung over right as we were pulling along side the driver.

To avoid being hit, BF then had to pull over into the oncoming traffic lane (heading around a corner).
At that time we were in a '86 Toyota MR2 so either way we would have lost the accident war, but thankfully there was no oncoming traffic.

Got my principle of the school to call CT for me to log the complaint, nothing ever happend.

Dumbass17
01-15-2009, 01:06 PM
I've seen some crappy transit drivers too
i've seen one talk on his cell with passangers

and ive seen a few drive with earphones in one ear..WTF?!?1

BlackArcher101
01-15-2009, 04:55 PM
Is the road this happened on deeply rutted with snow/ice?

If there is, the bus driver was probably avoiding moving over which would require getting out of the ruts, which in a bus can pull him hard to the left/right and possible lose control. The driver may have though it was safer to continue going straight in the ruts?

I'm not saying this didn't happen, but something with the story just doesn't seem right to me. Somewhere, someplace, right now a CT driver is complaining about the numerous bad drivers he experiences in a day.