PDA

View Full Version : WTB Finance/HR textbooks

Isaiah
01-14-2009, 11:43 PM
Looking for the following textbooks:

Fundamentals of Corporate Finance, 6th Cdn Ed, by Ross.

Human Resource Management, 1st Cdn Ed, by Mathis.

JMaj7
01-15-2009, 03:29 AM
^ I think I have the HR book. What does it look like again?

trliniar
01-18-2009, 11:03 PM
i know they had Fundamentals of Corporate Finance used in the UofC bookstore. Not bound and copied, but the bookstore that sells news books. if i remember it was 175 used. 225 new

Gainsbarre
01-19-2009, 10:17 AM
Originally posted by trliniar
i know they had Fundamentals of Corporate Finance used in the UofC bookstore. Not bound and copied, but the bookstore that sells news books. if i remember it was 175 used. 225 new

That much? wtf....

I actually went the ultra cheap route for FNCE 317 (the Ross/Westerfield/Jordan/Roberts text) .. class was on the 4th edition at the time, but I picked up a copy of the third edition for 50 cents at the book buyback place run by the library (basement of MSC, across from the post office)...there would be a rack or two of donated books that you could buy for $0.50 or $1.00 each.

Plus since it was an older edition that I had paid only 50 cents for, I had no qualms about scribbling and highlighting all over the pages within -- so maybe look for an older edition of the Ross et al textbook? If you're in 317, you can still use it in exams and you'll also be less reluctant to write all over it.