PDA

View Full Version : Woman attempts 3-point turn, gets it wrong

Hakkola
01-17-2009, 11:43 AM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1119284/Sorry-I-just-trying-point-turn-Woman-crushes-neighbours-car.html

:rofl: I find it funny how the article keeps emphasizing the fact that it was a woman driving.

Anton
01-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Skills!

£10,000 Chrysler Neon

That's an expensive Neon!

sputnik
01-17-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Anton
Skills!

That's an expensive Neon!

Cars in the UK are generally double the price that they are in North America.

A friend of mine in London just paid over 20,000 pounds for a Ford Focus.

EvolutionI
01-17-2009, 12:23 PM
lol women drivers!

soloracer
01-17-2009, 01:24 PM
If you recall there were a couple of episodes like this in Calgary - one that hit a house and one that actually killed the drivers sister. How in the hell does some idiot hit the gas instead of the brake? That's my question. Morons. Shouldn't be allowed on a tricycle let alone a car.

whiskas
01-17-2009, 01:24 PM
:( neon

TomcoPDR
01-17-2009, 02:03 PM
:facepalm:

Tik-Tok
01-17-2009, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR

So you're not going to offer your service to the neon owner?

chkolny541
01-17-2009, 03:09 PM
wow, her car looks like its still in very good condition, not much damage can be seen.

impressive :thumbsup:

TorqueDog
01-17-2009, 03:29 PM
http://members.shaw.ca/j.parkes/thekitchen.jpg

ExtremeSi
01-17-2009, 03:57 PM
Hahah so polite. I don't think this would happen in the states. Not even here.

'Her husband came and we sat up and had a cup of tea together, it was all very British. She was very apologetic. We all just had a laugh about it sitting in the lounge as we waited for the recovery van to come.'

TorqueDog
01-17-2009, 04:12 PM
The British way:

"Morning Nigel."
"Morning Barbara!"
"Terribly sorry, but I appear to have parked my car on top of yours."
"Oh you did? Bother. But nevermind that, have some tea, how was your weekend?"
"Oh rather pleasant indeed..."

The North American way:
*smash*
"Oh fuck." *looks around for witnesses before taking off*
*hours later*
[posted on Beyond.ca] "Someone drove over my car!"

05*CivicRS
01-17-2009, 04:23 PM
'She couldn't get out of the car because she was about four feet high in her car.'

skyline19
01-17-2009, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
http://members.shaw.ca/j.parkes/thekitchen.jpg

:rofl: :rofl:

my girlfriend wasn't too happy to see that. but she pulled a similar maneuver over the summer.. except it was a light pole.

94boosted
01-17-2009, 06:44 PM
And yet still a males insurance is higher :dunno:

TorqueDog
01-17-2009, 06:47 PM
Male OR female, I don't trust any of you fuckers on the road. :D

jdm_eg6
01-17-2009, 06:51 PM
did the neighbor a favor, neons are gay anyway. :rofl:

TorqueDog
01-17-2009, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by 94boosted
And yet still a males insurance is higher :dunno: Because women don't get blowjobs while they're driving. :D

In reality though, we do present a higher risk:

- Statistically, we drive faster than women. This is truly brought to life when you come up behind one driving horrendeously slower than the speed limit for no discernible reason.

- Statistically, we're more likely 'not' to wear our seatbelt. I wear mine all the time, but I can see their reasoning.

- Men drive more overall than women do. We spend more hours and cover more kilometres in our vehicles than the opposite sex. More time spent driving = more chances to have an accident.

- Men tend to engage in dangerous and reckless situations more often. You know what I mean. Sometimes the 17 year old in us just can't help but put his foot down a bit too enthusiastically.

- Men tend to be more aggressive on the road than women, usually getting more moving violations. We're more apt to take risks. This is really the nature of the beast, this is what we as males do.

Having said that, however, the stats are changing; more and more females are engaging in reckless and dangerous/careless driving, as well as driving more aggressively and showing road rage. They still seem to rack up fewer accidents and moving violations overall (boobs have a ticket-repellant effect on male police officers). But they're catching up. It'll take a while for us to really see the gender-imbalance change in the insurance business, I suspect.

InLoveWitRSX
01-17-2009, 07:20 PM
pwned

94boosted
01-17-2009, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by TorqueDog
Because women don't get blowjobs while they're driving. :D

In reality though, we do present a higher risk:

- Statistically, we drive faster than women. This is truly brought to life when you come up behind one driving horrendeously slower than the speed limit for no discernible reason.

- Statistically, we're more likely 'not' to wear our seatbelt. I wear mine all the time, but I can see their reasoning.

- Men drive more overall than women do. We spend more hours and cover more kilometres in our vehicles than the opposite sex. More time spent driving = more chances to have an accident.

- Men tend to engage in dangerous and reckless situations more often. You know what I mean. Sometimes the 17 year old in us just can't help but put his foot down a bit too enthusiastically.

- Men tend to be more aggressive on the road than women, usually getting more moving violations. We're more apt to take risks. This is really the nature of the beast, this is what we as males do.

Having said that, however, the stats are changing; more and more females are engaging in reckless and dangerous/careless driving, as well as driving more aggressively and showing road rage. They still seem to rack up fewer accidents and moving violations overall (boobs have a ticket-repellant effect on male police officers). But they're catching up. It'll take a while for us to really see the gender-imbalance change in the insurance business, I suspect.

I agree except the truth of the matter is I would much rather be in a car with a male driving than with any of the women I know friends hell even girlfriend because I just feel safer even though were going faster. Also correct me if I'm wrong but men have been proven to be better drivers and men do have better hand eye coordination.

TorqueDog
01-17-2009, 08:26 PM
No doubt. Some chick drivers I've been with have absolutely scared the living shit out of me.

One of them was actually a really wicked driver though. We took her MX-3 through Powderface Trail once. :eek: She was rally-driving through that damn thing like it was nothing. Scared me but she was a hell of a driver.

frozenrice
01-18-2009, 12:36 AM
LOL at comment :

Callie .... I have the same question. What is a 3 point turn? I have never heard that expression before.

Lisa, USA

/////AMG
01-18-2009, 05:40 AM
:rofl: :rofl: That comment killed it haha

lison
01-18-2009, 05:23 PM
Not all women are bad drivers. Haha

rumeo
01-19-2009, 04:09 AM

i cant think of anything to say towards this
if you cant tell the diff between the gas and brake
stay home please

Tomaz
01-19-2009, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by frozenrice
LOL at comment :

Callie .... I have the same question. What is a 3 point turn? I have never heard that expression before.

Lisa, USA

I just replied to that one! Man, she is just adding fuel to my laughter!

em2ab
01-19-2009, 10:00 AM
Do people normally STOMP on the brakes when trying to stop? :dunno: