PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Warranties?

buddha3569
01-17-2009, 09:38 PM
Hey everyone,

I'm picking up a 2002 BMW 745Li, I've heard that there are a few problems with these cars. I was wondering if anyone can suggest a good aftermarket warranty company or if anyone can suggest any tips.

Thanks everyone.

Willie Bobo
01-17-2009, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by buddha3569
a good aftermarket warranty company these companies are in it to make money. from my experience, they will do everything in their power to make the process as difficult and frustrating as they can, hoping you give up on a major claim so they don't have to pay out on it.

good luck.

buddha3569
01-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by Willie Bobo
these companies are in it to make money. from my experience, they will do everything in their power to make the process as difficult and frustrating as they can, hoping you give up on a major claim so they don't have to pay out on it.

good luck.

Thanks! I've been looking and can't find anything but for about 2 companies in Canada but also I am finding a lot of bad things too about them. In the states there are a ton of them and cheap too! There was one I found in the states that was like $105/ month for bumper to bumper!

Redlyne_mr2
01-17-2009, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by Willie Bobo
these companies are in it to make money. from my experience, they will do everything in their power to make the process as difficult and frustrating as they can, hoping you give up on a major claim so they don't have to pay out on it.

good luck.
Not always the case.. there are some bad ones out there but First Canadian is what I sell and is probably the best out there for aftermarket warranties. Buddha3569, I will check for pricing on your car when I get back to the office on Tuesday. Should be able to get you a good price if its available.

Willie Bobo
01-17-2009, 11:15 PM
i'm sure there are good companies, i just had a bad experience with one of them.

buddha3569
01-17-2009, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

Not always the case.. there are some bad ones out there but First Canadian is what I sell and is probably the best out there for aftermarket warranties. Buddha3569, I will check for pricing on your car when I get back to the office on Tuesday. Should be able to get you a good price if its available.

Thanks man! I will pm you all my contact info.

Sorath
01-18-2009, 12:58 PM
get the gmac coverage one, they`re coverage is good and deductible is low

buddha3569
01-18-2009, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by Sorath
get the gmac coverage one, they`re coverage is good and deductible is low

Do you have a website? I googled it but only the US one comes up.

Sorath
01-18-2009, 01:59 PM
www.coverageone.ca

???

hockeyguy
01-18-2009, 02:38 PM
from my experience they are all crap, my dealership won't deal with them unless we sold it due to the difficulty in getting them to cover/pay for it

2EFNFAST
01-18-2009, 03:07 PM
2002 7 series - holy poop, I wouldn't touch one with a 100ft pole!

They're very problematic - even you acknowledged that - why would you buy this car?? Buy something more solid like a newer M3/M5

buddha3569
01-18-2009, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
2002 7 series - holy poop, I wouldn't touch one with a 100ft pole!

They're very problematic - even you acknowledged that - why would you buy this car?? Buy something more solid like a newer M3/M5

Can't get an M3 cause I have kids. I wanted to get an M5 but too much money.

Plus I love the 7 series.

Sorath
01-18-2009, 03:48 PM
ive got a coverage one for my subby, the ultimate plan. it coveres pretty much everything...... free tows hotels rentals... everything. mines 100 dollar deductible, and u can get a 50 dollar deductible too.. u can bring it to any shop u want, and just call the claims hotline and they will give u a credit card number to put it to.

Weapon_R
01-18-2009, 03:49 PM
They're all scams. Think about it - every salesman who sells one keeps a huge portion of it as commission. If these were so solid, why would most of the cost go to the dealership?

One of my friends is a shop owner of an approved service center for one of the bigger companies (Global, I think) and he tells me himself that its nearly impossible to get them to pay out. One minor technicality and you're out.

buddha3569
01-18-2009, 03:55 PM
ive got a coverage one for my subby, the ultimate plan. it coveres pretty much everything...... free tows hotels rentals... everything. mines 100 dollar deductible, and u can get a 50 dollar deductible too.. u can bring it to any shop u want, and just call the claims hotline and they will give u a credit card number to put it to.

How much is your monthly if you don't mind me asking?

Sorath
01-18-2009, 03:57 PM
i didnt pay monthly i just bought it. i forget i`ll have to digg up the files.

buddha3569
01-18-2009, 03:59 PM
i didnt pay monthly i just bought it. i forget i`ll have to digg up the files.

Was it a crazy amount? Or was it affordable?

Sorath
01-18-2009, 04:20 PM
depends whats affordable and crazy to u. i thought it was worth it it was about 1200-1500 if i remember correctly

buddha3569
01-18-2009, 04:31 PM
depends whats affordable and crazy to u. i thought it was worth it it was about 1200-1500 if i remember correctly

Wow... pretty good. I guess it also depends on the type of car too. I was expecting like $4k to $5k.

Sorath
01-18-2009, 05:34 PM
yeah depending on what car too, i think mine was a class 3 urs is prob a class 4 or 5 probably im guessing 2-2500 for a 2 year 40k comprehensive, let me check for u at work tomorrow

Redlyne_mr2
01-18-2009, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by Weapon_R
They're all scams. Think about it - every salesman who sells one keeps a huge portion of it as commission. If these were so solid, why would most of the cost go to the dealership?

One of my friends is a shop owner of an approved service center for one of the bigger companies (Global, I think) and he tells me himself that its nearly impossible to get them to pay out. One minor technicality and you're out.
First Canadian never gives us or our customers any issues. :dunno: It's not fair to classify all the aftermarket warranties as junk because that's just untrue. I'm not in the business to rip people off and I sell it all day long without a single complaint from any of our customers. That being said there are some companies out there that I don't sell because they are junk.

As for pricing it certainly will not be 1200-1500.. your guess of 4-5K is much close especially on a 7 series BMW of that age.

Black Gts
01-20-2009, 01:12 AM
has anyone heard of canadian auto warranty?? they just called me and it seems too good to be true. My original aftermarket company replaced my tranny and it expired two years ago. This company just called and offered to cover my truck until 2014:dunno: It almost seems worth it against my better judgment lol... Im lost.(its a 99)??

hockeyguy
01-20-2009, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Black Gts
has anyone heard of canadian auto warranty?? they just called me and it seems too good to be true. My original aftermarket company replaced my tranny and it expired two years ago. This company just called and offered to cover my truck until 2014:dunno: It almost seems worth it against my better judgment lol... Im lost.(its a 99)??

SCAM SCAM SCAM they told me my 08 a4 with 8000 kms was in need of a warrenty since my factory one was expired :banghead: