PDA

View Full Version : Great looking body with cuts

01-18-2009, 12:10 PM
Ok so I know this has been asked many times but I want to make somethings clear and think beyond members are the right people to ask, I want to get a body going on with a lot of cuts not man and a big biceps already got the big arm but not quite cut, want to work out chest and have nice shoulders and traps. So what is a good workout, and diet. Any supplements or anything to help and its a 6 month challenge, what do I have to give up. This is what my work out schedule used to be like 40-45 min of cardio on eplitcal and 15-20 mins on bike, then workout strength one day chest and all the body parts usually 3 different types of excercises 3 sets and 10 reps. Then 10 mins steam room, didn't take any supplements. Looking for proper diet and work out course, its a 6 month challenge and I get to go Europe free.(my cousins giving us this challenge, have to get bigger than him though.)

Antonito
01-18-2009, 12:16 PM
try that again in english please.

Seriously, it's hard to tell what you want or need.

Are you skinny and need muscle, fat and need to cut fat, or skinny-fat and need both?

WWJAI
01-18-2009, 12:58 PM
:english:

Darkane
01-18-2009, 01:29 PM
LOL :banghead:

01-18-2009, 02:13 PM
For your information I am born here in Calgary so don't have a problem speaking probably just typed it wrong as I was in a rush, I am fat and trying to cut that weight down and gain some muscle. Any help besides saying rude and unneccesary comments.

ExtraSlow
01-18-2009, 02:18 PM
People can't help you if they don't understand you.
Now that you've clarified, I'm sure you'll get some more constructive responses.

pf0sh0
01-18-2009, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by 792171004
For your information I am born here in Calgary so don't have a problem speaking probably just typed it wrong as I was in a rush, I am fat and trying to cut that weight down and gain some muscle. Any help besides saying rude and unneccesary comments.

They may have been kind of rude.. but they were necessary to reveal how retarded your post was. Re-read what you posted and don't tell me you wouldn't leave a jack-ass remark either..

Isaiah
01-18-2009, 02:21 PM
You can probably find some tips here (http://www.unc.edu/depts/wcweb/handouts/paragraphs.html) and here (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Punctuation).

01-18-2009, 02:26 PM
Thanks for your reply really helpful^

b18cr
01-18-2009, 02:28 PM
http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/3374/suicide9ur3pa.gif

Toma
01-18-2009, 02:37 PM
If you are gonna do it naturally... ie... no roids...

Here is what WILL work.

OPTIMALLY.... train heavy weights 3 times a week, 2 times per day, maximum 30 minutes per session.

Low rep moves, no more then 5 reps.... ie say you are doing incline bench... take a weight you can do 6 sets of 3 reps each, and do it, next workout, do 5x3 and 1x4, next workout, do 4x3 and 2x4, next one do 3x3 and 3x4 etc, till you can do all 6 sets 5 reps, then move weight up 10 pounds, and start at 6x3 again.

ONLY diet to be on is low carb. Cut out ALL refined carbs, sugar, fruit, bread, cereals, pasta etc etc. Eat meat, eggs, green vegetables, your cupboard should be stocked with salmon etc. Buy "ketostix at the pharmacy, and eat NO carbs for the first 5-6 days, once the keto stix show colour, tailor your carb intake till you are in the mid range. BUT the only carbs you are gonna add are non starchy vegetables. For health and anti oxidants, I eat 30 grams or 85% pure Cocoa chocolate per day (has about 5 grams carbs)

On days you do not train wights, do 20 minute intervals on the bike, or StairMaster, or climb stairs.... max exertion for 30 seconds, then nice and easy to bring heart rate down...maybe 1-2 minutes then repeat. Do this for 10 - 20 minutes.

No matter what GENIUS tells you not to eat before a workout, ignore him. NEVER do weights or cardio on an empty stomach...ie, first thing in the morning.

Eat at least a boiled egg or two....

pinoyhero
01-18-2009, 03:01 PM
Crossfit + Paleo = WIN

01-18-2009, 04:18 PM
Should I take diet pills... someone told me SUB-Q or thermolene, also any creatine or protein right now?

Toma
01-18-2009, 04:27 PM
Should I take diet pills... someone told me SUB-Q or thermolene, also any creatine or protein right now?
No.... if you are low carb, you will get all the nutrients you need in terms of protein, essential fats, creatine etc in your diet.

I would supplement with:
"ACES" (Vitamins A, C, E and selenium)
A good 1 a day multi
Flax seed oil (from the health food store in IN THE FRIDGE ONLY!!)
B12 (sublingual tablets or drops),
being winter, Vitamin D.

Toma
01-18-2009, 04:28 PM
And NEVER EVER train "cardio" longer then 20-30 minutes in one go.

If it gets easy, just notch up the intenisty on the intervals, or reduce the rest period.

Super_Geo
01-18-2009, 05:10 PM
Ok so I know this has been asked many times but I want to make somethings clear and think beyond members are the right people to ask, I want to get a body going on with a lot of cuts not man and a big biceps already got the big arm but not quite cut, want to work out chest and have nice shoulders and traps. So what is a good workout, and diet. Any supplements or anything to help and its a 6 month challenge, what do I have to give up. This is what my work out schedule used to be like 40-45 min of cardio on eplitcal and 15-20 mins on bike, then workout strength one day chest and all the body parts usually 3 different types of excercises 3 sets and 10 reps. Then 10 mins steam room, didn't take any supplements. Looking for proper diet and work out course, its a 6 month challenge and I get to go Europe free.(my cousins giving us this challenge, have to get bigger than him though.)

Ok dude here's what you gotta do first there's a bunch of ways to cut down but it sounds like you gotta lose some fat first so what i would do if i were you is probably start drinking a lot of water important to stay hydrated cause it helps facilitate fat oxidization cause come on whats the point of doing hard cardio if all your body isn't ready to make gains am i right or am i right so anyway now that you've started hydrating properly I'd say you need to do a lot of strength training don't go just cardio to lose bulk there's no real point you burn quite a bit of calories doing weights and muscles take more energy to maintain ie your body will burn more calories just doing nothing this isn't something that you'd get from doing just cardio alone plus doing cardio wears down what muscles you have in place already so yeah it's definitely important to keep it all balanced keep at it man good luck I hope you win your challenge.

civic_rida
01-18-2009, 05:46 PM
OPTIMALLY.... train heavy weights 3 times a week, 2 times per day, maximum 30 minutes per session

Who has time to go to the gym 2 times in a day.

Toma
01-18-2009, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by civic_rida
OPTIMALLY.... train heavy weights 3 times a week, 2 times per day, maximum 30 minutes per session

Who has time to go to the gym 2 times in a day.
Me! I go twice, 20 minutes each.

Working upto going 3 times a day for 20 minutes, 4 days a week.

Mind ya, I never accepted western cultures 8-5 work regimen, so I have more free time then the average guy ;)

Mind ya, if you are a U of C student, then 3 times a day is PERFECT. I did that back in my University days... once in the morning, once sometime during a break, once after classes.

Little Dragon
01-18-2009, 06:28 PM
What are your stats?

and working out 2 times a day, nah.
Just do it all in one session.

Workout, then 30 min cardio, then off days do 30 min cardio.
Don't do cardio on leg days though, it just sucks.

Also, I'd suggest just doing Rippetoe (google it)
Good routine, nice and simple. Just what a begginner needs.

Most of the hard stuff will be the diet. You won't get much progress if your diet isn't spot on.

So get your diet good immediately.

Google most of this stuff, the internet has a wealth of information.

01-18-2009, 06:43 PM
Well like I said I am about 250lbs 5 10" and wanting to lose some weight, I did work out before lost some weight but never went everyday and diet wasn't that great, so not a big difference, when I did work out I did 30-40 mins of cardio, and then sometimes drove bike right after 10-15 mins depending on how tired I was, then later working out pretty much everything different each day usually 3 excercises 3 reps of 10 sometimes even 4 excercises.

Little Dragon
01-18-2009, 06:53 PM
Well like I said I am about 250lbs 5 10" and wanting to lose some weight, I did work out before lost some weight but never went everyday and diet wasn't that great, so not a big difference, when I did work out I did 30-40 mins of cardio, and then sometimes drove bike right after 10-15 mins depending on how tired I was, then later working out pretty much everything different each day usually 3 excercises 3 reps of 10 sometimes even 4 excercises.

Alright, let me reccommend you the Rippetoe program.
Its simple and focuses on your main muscles.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=712752

Click the link, read through the post.
It has info about the program.

Diet, if you want to lose weight, its just simple uping your protien & veggie intake, lowering your carb.
And cut out junk food. (chips, donuts, pop)

Eat Clean.
Train Hard.
Be Consistent.

And you should have some pretty good gains.

Good luck!

BumbleBeeCivic
01-19-2009, 11:26 PM
I just finished reading a book for morbidly obese people.

The doctor who wrote it started each chapter with a slogan.

Chapter 1 was " What you eat, is less important than how much you eat"

I think this is definitely true for overweight people, but when I think about it ........I think this is might be true even for someone struggling with 15-20lbs. Ultimately, if you can't seem to exercise off that last 15 lbs, then you should consider eating less food, right?

Canmorite
01-19-2009, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

Ok dude here's what you gotta do first there's a bunch of ways to cut down but it sounds like you gotta lose some fat first so what i would do if i were you is probably start drinking a lot of water important to stay hydrated cause it helps facilitate fat oxidization cause come on whats the point of doing hard cardio if all your body isn't ready to make gains am i right or am i right so anyway now that you've started hydrating properly I'd say you need to do a lot of strength training don't go just cardio to lose bulk there's no real point you burn quite a bit of calories doing weights and muscles take more energy to maintain ie your body will burn more calories just doing nothing this isn't something that you'd get from doing just cardio alone plus doing cardio wears down what muscles you have in place already so yeah it's definitely important to keep it all balanced keep at it man good luck I hope you win your challenge.

:rofl: :rofl:

Darkane
01-20-2009, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by BumbleBeeCivic
I just finished reading a book for morbidly obese people.

The doctor who wrote it started each chapter with a slogan.

Chapter 1 was " What you eat, is less important than how much you eat"

I think this is definitely true for overweight people, but when I think about it ........I think this is might be true even for someone struggling with 15-20lbs. Ultimately, if you can't seem to exercise off that last 15 lbs, then you should consider eating less food, right?

Did it mention anything about the effects of dieting to long and eating more could cure it?

I disagree, what you eat is much more important.

Take the same diet of 2000cals, have a split of 50protein, 30 fats, 20 carbs

VS

30protein, 20fats, 50 carbs.

The higher protein diet will have a more positive effect toward muscularity over the other carb heavy diet.

Dr. John Berardi writes a lot of good stuff on this kinda thing.

G-flux is rather interesting.

Nate Green
01-26-2009, 09:14 AM
Hey guys,

I found my way over here after someone posted on T-Nation. And although I rarely respond in forums, I figured I'd go ahead and take a minute to share some thoughts. (Hey, it's a recovery day for me; I just got done training with Joe DeFranco for the NFL Combine for an upcoming article.)

Built for Show was written for the guy who wants to get the strong, muscular, badass-looking body without looking like a roided up, oil-soaked bodybuilder. The name, obviously, is Built for SHOW, but the way the athletic-based programming is written up, you'd think it'd be called Built for GO.

Any way, I just wanted to clear that up.

"But Nate! You didn't even mention the steroid allegations! The few guys who are calling you out seem to know quite a bit about what's possible when you combine 1) Good, mesomorphic, predominantly fast-twich muscle fiber genetics, 2) Hard work ethic and passion to change, 3) Strict dedication to the programming, 4) An insatiable appetite, both mental and physical, for all things concerning performance, aesthetics, and recovery, 5) Five+ years of dedication! You can't possibly be natural! I mean, c'mon, that sounds like, like...like you actually set an attainable goal and reached it!"

You're right. It's got to be steroids.

:)

-Nate

PS - Thanks to everyone for the debate and for trying out the book! I wish I had time to stick around and answer questions, but anyone who really needs to get a hold of me can probably figure out how to do so.

JAYMEZ
01-26-2009, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by Darkane

Did it mention anything about the effects of dieting to long and eating more could cure it?

I disagree, what you eat is much more important.

Take the same diet of 2000cals, have a split of 50protein, 30 fats, 20 carbs

VS

30protein, 20fats, 50 carbs.

The higher protein diet will have a more positive effect toward muscularity over the other carb heavy diet.

Dr. John Berardi writes a lot of good stuff on this kinda thing.

G-flux is rather interesting.

:werd: , I never believe diet books , such money grabbing fads. Before you start an attempt to get fit , look and evaluate what your doing wrong in the first place. Write down your diet and look at how shity it is.

JNeil
01-26-2009, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Nate Green
Hey guys,

I found my way over here after someone posted on T-Nation. And although I rarely respond in forums, I figured I'd go ahead and take a minute to share some thoughts. (Hey, it's a recovery day for me; I just got done training with Joe DeFranco for the NFL Combine for an upcoming article.)

Built for Show was written for the guy who wants to get the strong, muscular, badass-looking body without looking like a roided up, oil-soaked bodybuilder. The name, obviously, is Built for SHOW, but the way the athletic-based programming is written up, you'd think it'd be called Built for GO.

Any way, I just wanted to clear that up.

"But Nate! You didn't even mention the steroid allegations! The few guys who are calling you out seem to know quite a bit about what's possible when you combine 1) Good, mesomorphic, predominantly fast-twich muscle fiber genetics, 2) Hard work ethic and passion to change, 3) Strict dedication to the programming, 4) An insatiable appetite, both mental and physical, for all things concerning performance, aesthetics, and recovery, 5) Five+ years of dedication! You can't possibly be natural! I mean, c'mon, that sounds like, like...like you actually set an attainable goal and reached it!"

You're right. It's got to be steroids.

:)

-Nate

PS - Thanks to everyone for the debate and for trying out the book! I wish I had time to stick around and answer questions, but anyone who really needs to get a hold of me can probably figure out how to do so.

My personal advice is go pick up Nate's book lol.. Maybe throw in a little cardio on your days off, that'll give you a good start at least.

P.S. The book costs like $15 at chapters or any other book store, well worth the money in my eyes, I've been doing it for 2 weeks now.