PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2005 Golf GLS TDI - *SOLD*

Zero102
01-18-2009, 12:35 PM
*** PLEASE READ MY LAST POST FIRST ***

I have a 2005 Golf GLS TDI for sale, it is the GLS package (top trim level) with an automatic (tiptronic) transmission and has every option EXCEPT: leather and sunroof. The car has never been smoked in. If you are not familiar with MKIV's, this means the following features are present:
Power windows
Power locks
Remote Entry (switchblade key with buttons)
Cruise
Tilt & Telescoping steering wheel
Heated seats (both front)
Air Conditioning (manual climate control, automatic was not available on the golf in north america)
Upgraded stereo (8 speakers with CD player)
ESP (traction control)
Side curtain airbags (as well as in-seat airbags)

I am sure there are some other features that may not be standard on other cars, sorry if I have forgotten any. The paint color is indigo blue metallic and it is nearly perfect. You would really need to get good and close to see anything wrong with it. Every 2-4 weeks I wash the entire car and touch up every rock chip I find, and there is no rust at all on the vehicle. There are some swirl marks in the paint from my snow brush but when I wax it each spring they are invisible until the following fall when the wax has worn off.

In addition to these features, I have added the following to the car:
Zerostart coolant heater (far better than normal block heaters, as this will actually heat most of the coolant to 70-90*C)
Evolution Aluminum skid plate (1/4" thick aluminum plate to replace the factory plastic splash guards) <-- this is a _MUST_ on Calgary roads, especially with the conditions we have had recently
Bosal towbar: fully hidden hitch, the receiver actually faces straight down so it is nearly invisible once installed. Rated for 2000kg, so this makes it marginally better than a Class II hitch.
Trailer light controller: So the trailer lights are not directly connected to the vehicle's lighting system
10" Rockford fosgate sub with amp: Very small little sub and box, but it fills in the missing bass quite nicely
30GB Phatbox MP3 player: Bought from the dealership as a 20GB unit but I have upgraded the hard drive in it
Cold cathode lighting in the hatch area: The factory light is just about useless if you place anything in the trunk. I have installed a pair of 12" cold cathode lights under the upper lip so they don't shine in your eyes. Huge improvement in visibility in the hatch area at night
Kerma Alligator tune: Brings the power output of the engine up from 100hp/183lb-ft to approx. 140hp/240lb-ft

The vehicle has been perfectly maintained and I have owned it since new. Being as it is an 05, this means it has the BEW engine and the tiptronic transmission (NOT the failure-prone 01m!!). The engine has been run exclusively on 505.01 and 507.00 oils and is in perfect running condition. I have records of when all work was performed (it was maintained by myself) however due to a recent move some of the actual paperwork has gone missing. Although I can tell you when some specific work was done on the vehicle I may not be able to show you a receipt for it.

The car is presently on lease from VW credit canada, however I will be able to clear the lease given 5-7 business days for processing (sorry, VW is a little bit slow here) although I can provide you with a letter from Volkswagen stating the lease has been cleared a bit sooner. As I am selling for less than the lease buy-out fee I would also be equally happy to have somebody simply take over the lease.
We are selling because we have moved to an inner city neighborhood and no longer require a second vehicle. This car has been great to me and I am sad to see it go. Please give it a good home. I know it is a little bit dirty at the moment, since we are still driving it I have not gone through it cleaning every little spot but I would be more than happy to have the car professionally detailed upon sale.

Please email for more information and please also be patient I have to work quite a lot and it could take me a couple hours to respond. Thanks for looking :)
Email (so I don't get spammed by bots): ctrowat (at) gmail (dot) com
Pictures here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/ctrowat/Golf#

*EDIT*
After doing some market research this seems to be a tad over-priced, reduced from $15500 to $13000, now it is under the lease buy-out amount!

joyridder
01-18-2009, 12:53 PM
please post up the lease details.

Zero102
01-18-2009, 06:42 PM
Oh, sorry :(

Payments are $400/month and there are 9 months remaining, residual is $13797. It is leased through VW credit canada and they told me it is perfectly fine for somebody else (who qualifies, obviously) to take over the lease.

Zero102
01-22-2009, 12:55 AM
Alright, I'm an idiot, looks like the used car market really took a big hit. No point paying for this car to sit in my back yard, somebody really should be enjoying it.

$13000 takes it away, if you are interested but still think this is unfair, feel free to make me an offer.

Zero102
01-31-2009, 02:13 PM
Okay, due to one dead-beat buyer I am now in a bad situation with this car. I have paid out the lease and that amount is sitting on credit right now. I need to move this car right away.

The previous buyer had it inspected, the inspection report says:
It will need front brakes within 2 years, rears within 1 year (this is normal, MKIV's use only the rear brakes under light braking).
The serpentine belt is cracking a little bit but will need to be changed in the next year
The intercooler has a pin hole and leaks some oil out as a result. It does not lose a measurable quantity of air, however it does leave a drop of oil on the ground about once a week. A replacement is ~$200, however from a performance / fuel economy standpoint there is no reason to replace it. The leak will not get any worse on its own, and I hadn't even noticed the oil drips until the shop showed me the leak.

To help expedite the process please call me at 971-8498 if you are interested. My name is Chris. The asking price is now $10000, but the condition is it must go by monday evening.
I work tonight but if you can travel to the mount pleasant / tuxedo area I can show you the car while I am at work, otherwise I can show it after 10PM tonight or all day tomorrow (sunday the 1st)

prae
01-31-2009, 03:33 PM
how many miles?

Zero102
02-01-2009, 12:22 AM
Sorry my bad, 107,300km on it right now, still young :)

Zero102
02-04-2009, 11:03 AM
Car sold last night. Thanks for all the interest guys :D