PDA

View Full Version : Paint Job Estimate

anarchy
01-18-2009, 06:39 PM
So at the Flames/Sharks game, a chick driving a Pontiac backed right into my car (while we were in it! :banghead: )

It looks like their a chip in my paint on the bumper, otherwise no other damage as far as I can tell.

What's a good place to get an estimate on repainting my bumper? If I plan on not repainting it, should I just work it out with her through and avoid insurance and get her to pay 75% of it out of pocket or something?

TomcoPDR
01-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Is she hot?

Screamin' Paint Works
Bay 2, 4101 19th Street NE
403-291-3171
Talk to Dan or Dave.

speeed
01-19-2009, 12:18 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Is she hot?

Screamin' Paint Works
403-291-3171
Talk to Dan or Dave.

haha saw that coming

try contemporary coachworks

Team_Mclaren
01-19-2009, 12:36 AM
contemporary coachworks charges $25 (or more) for quotes iirc, service collision is another good repair shop if you want to try.

bituerbo
01-19-2009, 01:29 AM
+1 for Screamin' as TomCo already wrote.

anarchy
01-19-2009, 01:32 AM
Thanks guys!

Yeah she wasn't hot. And was wearing a fuckin Oilers jersey (to Flames/Sharks tilt) on top of it!

It was ridiculous. She freakin WATCHED me park, then proceeded to back in directly into me instead of beside me.

"Oh my god...I didn't see you! I thought you were that car! *points to SUV beside me*"

:banghead:

scat19
01-19-2009, 09:59 AM
Like it matters what car you were? The obsticle was still there....

lint
01-19-2009, 10:14 AM
another +1 for Screamin. Used them a couple of times. They're really busy but the work is great.

you&me
01-19-2009, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by anarchy
So at the Flames/Sharks game, a chick driving a Pontiac backed right into my car (while we were in it! :banghead: )

It looks like their a chip in my paint on the bumper, otherwise no other damage as far as I can tell.

What's a good place to get an estimate on repainting my bumper? If I plan on not repainting it, should I just work it out with her through and avoid insurance and get her to pay 75% of it out of pocket or something?

If this retard backs into you, why only go for 75%?

japan_us
01-19-2009, 12:33 PM
^This

Someone backed into me a couple of years ago. I told him that I'd get ONE estimate, from the place that I want/trust, and that if he doesn't like it, then we could go through insurance.

I did this based on what the police told me to do after I filed the report (damage was around 1k IMO, so I filed one to be safe). They pretty much told me that it's his fault and that I shouldn't be running around getting estimates just to make his life easier.

It worked out really well actually.

anarchy
01-19-2009, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by scat19
Like it matters what car you were? The obsticle was still there....

Exactly!
It was pretty ridiculous. She was waiting for me to park so she WATCHED me back into that spot. then she pulls up and backs right INTO me! :banghead: HOW?!?

Obviously she didn't look behind her while backing up. I mean if she scraped the side of my car trying to park, then fine, it's at least understandable that she's just a shitty driver that doesn't know how to back into a spot. But directly onto my car...haha ffs, how the hell do you back into a spot without looking behind you??

Anyways, good point about the 75%. I don't know why I'd give her any leeway. The damage isn't bad, just a chip in my bumper's paint. I'll give Screamin a call - never done it before so hopefully I can just bring it in and they can quickly take a look. Is there a charge for the estimate and if so do I pass that cost on to her?

japan_us
01-19-2009, 01:01 PM

... Is there a charge for the estimate and if so do I pass that cost on to her?

I would. You wouldn't be getting an estimate if she didn't hit you, right?

bituerbo
01-19-2009, 01:20 PM
Step 1: police report.

If you haven't already done this do it.

403Gemini
01-19-2009, 01:32 PM
Is she hot?

Screamin' Paint Works
403-291-3171
Talk to Dan or Dave.

Since your new years thread, i have officially declared 2009 "The year of Tom!"

TomcoPDR
01-19-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Since your new years thread, i have officially declared 2009 "The year of Tom!"

What thread???:confused:

403Gemini
01-19-2009, 01:55 PM

What thread???:confused:

Your westin review of course... ;)

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/247115/review-westin-hotel-calgary/

anarchy
01-19-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by bituerbo
Step 1: police report.

If you haven't already done this do it.

Do I really need a police report??
Damage is not over 1K.
Like I said, it's really just a chip on the bumper. I was thinking it would just be an estimate of how much it would cost to repaint the bumper (my guess would be $300-400?).

And I don't think she could deny it happened. I had 3 passengers in my car who were all there (literally in the car) when she hit us, including her passenger. Plus the guy who's lawn we parked on saw it hahaha.

I would think she would be happy to deal with it out of pocket rather than insurance.

TomcoPDR
01-19-2009, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Your westin review of course... ;)

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/247115/review-westin-hotel-calgary/

Oh crap forgot about that. I only had 3-4 hours of sleep when I wrote that, wtf was I thinking, ideas just pop in my head sometimes. :(

Damage is not over 1K.
Like I said, it's really just a chip on the bumper. I was thinking it would just be an estimate of how much it would cost to repaint the bumper (my guess would be $300-400?).

And I don't think she could deny it happened. I had 3 passengers in my car who were all there (literally in the car) when she hit us, including her passenger. Plus the guy who's lawn we parked on saw it hahaha.

I would think she would be happy to deal with it out of pocket rather than insurance.

Repainting an entire bumper properly (i.e. removing entire bumper and spray where the edges are, instead of masking fender and lights) will cost more than couple hundred bucks.

Talk with the bodyshops for a free estimate/quote, sometimes if you get a shop that cares, they'll even contact the payer's insurance or the payer, all you have to do is drop your vehicle off and pickup.

japan_us
01-19-2009, 03:48 PM

Damage is not over 1K.

My bumper was only scratched and it was around $950. I asked the dealership which place they send their cars to, and I went with them. I told this to the guy who hit me, and he understood.

Also, yes, the report can save you. I've heard some brutal stories of people who have been screwed over just because the other party beat them to the police station. There were witnesses in these cases too, and in one case there were even photos. Bet you don't have that.
In that one, the person at fault was even more apparent than in your story.

The girl who hit you can say that it was the other way around and that you hit her. At that point, it would be her word against yours.

I'd like to think that most people are honest, however, you do run into ef heads every now and then.

max_boost
01-20-2009, 01:09 AM
Originally posted by japan_us
^This

Someone backed into me a couple of years ago. I told him that I'd get ONE estimate, from the place that I want/trust, and that if he doesn't like it, then we could go through insurance.

I did this based on what the police told me to do after I filed the report (damage was around 1k IMO, so I filed one to be safe). They pretty much told me that it's his fault and that I shouldn't be running around getting estimates just to make his life easier.

It worked out really well actually.

anarchy, take japan_us advice and go to Screaming Paintworks. Done.