PDA

View Full Version : Sub Sounds: Problem

Redlyne_mr2
10-05-2003, 12:19 AM
Ive got one of those bazooka tubes in my ae86 and when there is no music I can hear humming and distortion..is that sign of a brad ground..how do I fix it thanks

D'z Nutz
10-05-2003, 12:50 AM
It's possible. Also, you don't have signal cables (ie: RCA's) running next to power cables, do you?

Team_Mclaren
10-05-2003, 12:57 AM
this may be a dumb quesiton, but what are RCA's?

szw
10-05-2003, 01:38 AM
RCA's are the cables which hold low-level signals (deck-->amp).

Same as the RCA cables which you connect your TV and VCR.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/images/SKUimages/medium/C184-17915-rn.jpg

Redlyne_mr2
10-05-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
It's possible. Also, you don't have signal cables (ie: RCA's) running next to power cables, do you?
I doubt RCAS are being used..I dont know much about stereo installs let alone bazooka tubes, ill have to have a closer lookd..thanks

Ben
10-05-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

I doubt RCAS are being used..I dont know much about stereo installs let alone bazooka tubes, ill have to have a closer lookd..thanks

um...it would HAVE to have RCA's to connect the sub to the deck...otherwise it aint gonna be making any noise at all.

We should get together, I'll fix it :)

-APEX-
10-05-2003, 05:32 PM
its probally a lose ground wire it happend to my friend it was give the subs disstortion and it crakeled sometimes so chek the connection on the apm or the subs

szw
10-05-2003, 06:57 PM
Originally posted by Ben

um...it would HAVE to have RCA's to connect the sub to the deck...otherwise it aint gonna be making any noise at all.

We should get together, I'll fix it :)

I believe some bazooka tubes had a built-in amp with built-in line output converter. So speaker wire run to the sub (maybe from rear speakers) could be used with no RCA's.

depends on what kind of bazooka sub I guess...i used to have a normal one that still needed an amp/rca's.

Redlyne_mr2
10-05-2003, 10:20 PM
Imagine the most ghetto stereo install in the world and thats probably how my system is put together..haha the piece of a cd player barely plays cds

Ben
10-05-2003, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Imagine the most ghetto stereo install in the world and thats probably how my system is put together..haha the piece of a cd player barely plays cds

nah man, give me an hour and I'll turn that ghetto rig into the WORST ghetto rig you've ever seen....but it'll work ;)

-APEX-
10-05-2003, 10:40 PM
yea thers probally either not the right amout of a fuse being used or theres a wrong connection somewere like + is in - and vise versa jus check your conneions around the deck

Ebbsvette
10-09-2003, 09:31 PM
well...u could check and see if the power wire is near the rca's.....my blazer did this cause i was using alt gauge power wire......so when my tv was on and my bass wasnt, i heard a humming sound

babyblueg2
10-09-2003, 09:38 PM
powerwire is to close to the rca's wires maybe
split them up run rca on driver side
power on passenger side

88CRX
10-09-2003, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by babyblueg2
powerwire is to close to the rca's wires maybe
split them up run rca on driver side
power on passenger side

bah.... works fine when u run them together.

check all conections. ground, rca's, power, etc etc... 99% sure thats your problem.