PDA

View Full Version : Guess Who "The Stig" Is...

torob
01-19-2009, 10:53 AM
Not sure about you guys, but lately instead of just doing nothing on the computer, I've gotten used to watching episodes of top gear which are wonderful, I've managed to get seasons 1-11 and have watched them in order. I saw the "Black" Stig die, and the "White" Stig come into play, wonder if we'll have a new one.

http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/6756/1024yd4.jpg

Fans of Top Gear might want to prepare themselves for another Stig death soon. When "Black Stig" Perry McCarthy revealed himself, Clarkson, Hammond and May offed him. Now, according to the UK's Telegraph, the "White Stig" has apparently ended the mystery, revealing himself as 33 year-old Ben Collins. Collins has raced professionally in everything from NASCAR to LeMans, and most recently served as Agent 007's double for sequences of Quantum of Solace that required fancy wheel work. It's been such a secret for so long, how did the veil of silence come to be broken? Collins himself apparently revealed his day job to the owner of an art gallery in Bristol, England when asking for help producing a limited-edition print of The Stig plying his trade.

A builder had also come across the famed white suit and gloves on display in a cabinet while doing work at Collins' home, and there has been conjecture in the past that Collins is The Stig. Now that the cat is out of the bag, we wonder if there's much wailing and gnashing of teeth in the halls of Top Gear's offices. Secret identity or no, Collins has proven himself as a fantastic driver as The Stig, and with this latest revelation, he potentially faces "The Sack" as they say in Merry Old.

No confirmation yet from Clarkson, Hammond or May on this revelation, and the only word out of Top Gear is that they "...never comment on speculation as to who or what The Stig is." Hmm. In any case, we are left to wonder... what color will a new Stig be? Red? Gold? Blue? Thanks for the tip, Richard!

GQBalla
01-19-2009, 10:58 AM
yellow stig??/

teggypimp95
01-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Ya most of us already knew it was Ben Collins. I hope they dont kill him off. Cuz he's got mad skills.

89s1
01-19-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
Ya most of us already knew it was Ben Collins. I hope they dont kill him off. Cuz he's got mad skills.

:werd: Most top gear fans are aware of this.

Trini
01-19-2009, 11:01 AM
Gotten really accustomed to the white stig, will be a pity to see him if it were to happen

Mibz
01-19-2009, 11:02 AM
I'd like a new one. Curiosity got the best of me after Hammond's crash and I found out it was Collins and it kinda ruined the mystique of the Stig for me.

That said, I don't want the current time wall invalidated because of a new driver.

Jeremiah
01-19-2009, 11:12 AM
I dont really understand the stig, anyone care to share

Eleanor
01-19-2009, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by teggypimp95
Yeah, ever since the Hammond crash most people who wanted to know could easily find out.

It doesn't really bother me though, although it will make the "I Am The Stig" t-shirts less valuable :rofl:

Weapon_R
01-19-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Jeremiah
I dont really understand the stig, anyone care to share

He's the secret top gear driver that tests their cars around the track. The big thing about him is that his identity is always kept a secret. Recently, Top Gear was involved in a trial and court transcripts highly alluded to Ben Collins being the Stig. Now, it seems like it's out in the open.

PremiumRSX
01-19-2009, 11:21 AM
I want to be the new stig.

n1zm0
01-19-2009, 11:28 AM
Originally posted by PremiumRSX
I want to be the new stig.

or Tanner Faust, those are one in a million kinda jobs.

Skyline_Addict
01-19-2009, 11:59 AM
keiichi tsuchiya for yellow stig!

Mibz
01-19-2009, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

or Tanner Faust, those are one in a million kinda jobs. If Tanner Faust becomes the new Stig I will boycott Top Gear every Mon-Sat.

EK 2.0
01-19-2009, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Skyline_Addict

keiichi tsuchiya for yellow stig!

Terence...that is a racist statement....hahaha...

Just because the Drift King is yellow does not mean he has to be yellow Stig...

Xtrema
01-19-2009, 02:27 PM
Kinda sucks he's outed.

Many gigs wont' be as funny when you have a face attached to The Stig.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/4286448/Who-is-the-Stig-The-answer.html

/////AMG
01-20-2009, 06:25 AM
Whose Top Gear Stuntman?

rage2
01-20-2009, 08:31 AM
Funny, thread from 5 months ago complaining that we already knew haha.

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/228725/daemon-hill-has-to-be-the-stig/

treg50
01-20-2009, 11:10 PM
I hope they just deny all the rumours and keep the White Stig. The plain white makes him look like a rogue driver or an unsigned driver, no logos, no sponsors, a blank canvas... it's cool.

Until they get a pic of him in the white suit with the helmet above his head as he's removing it, there's no need to change him or his colour.

He drives good, so keep him.