PDA

View Full Version : Cost Ideas??

lammer
10-05-2003, 04:21 AM
well today someone rear ended me. the guy is paying for damages.
i was wondering if you guys have a price on how much a rear bumper for a 03 EL with aero pakage would come about?

I would call dealership but they are closed.

Would it be cheaper to get it from Acura?
or from else where?

Skyline_Addict
10-05-2003, 04:24 AM
hmmm, i have an EL too, but I have no clue on the price.
but from what I do know, your best bet is to get the goods from the Acura dealer, as EL specific parts aren't exactly in high numbers anywhere else. damn, you are so close to having a Civic, yet so far!

ryder_23
10-05-2003, 12:21 PM
just hit up the dealership, your not paying for it, and better chance of it being fixed right...well maybe not, but easier for u to go back at bitch at em to fix it...well maybe not, hahah A-1 auto body is good for acuras.

szw
10-05-2003, 12:59 PM
Actually any bodyshop can get you the correct price. Usually they just select all the parts they need into their computer program and I think the prices are all there. Thats what it seemed like when I got my price quotes for different bodyparts. The bodyshops had the exact same prices as the dealership.

Also, my rear bumper was fucked up from being rear-ended, but it didn't look that bad. However the bumper supports inside were ruined and those were big $$$$. Like 300 each compared to 100 for the bumper, or something like that. They'll have to pull off your bumper to check those for damage.

If he's paying for it without insurance I'd just go to A1. Easy, they were good for me, and courtesy with cool pearl paint!

lammer
10-05-2003, 01:00 PM
it wasn't a sevre rear end it just cliped my back end and cracked my bumper, i don't want to milk him for all hes worth. for one, we couldn't prevent it.
we were going along forgot where but it was my friend who hit me. hes offering to do it all, but i dont wanna cash him out, as he just got out of the hospital from a rare disease...

well anyways we were crusiing along, and then this HUGE Full sized van infront of me just slams his breaks, so me in return, i slammed mine, his car isn't new. its OLD, so then he slams the breaks his car skids, he does a quick right turn to run off the road, but he still clips me with the corner of his bumper, my bumper just got cracked.

but your guys opinion would be to go to the dealership???

szw
10-05-2003, 01:02 PM
I wouldn't go to the dealership. Just look around for cheap quotes at bodyshops. Cheaper than dealer.

edit: actually go to the dealer and get a quote too...can't hurt.

Maybe acura dealers have their own bodyshop but my dealers (subaru and nissan) were too small and just send us to a bodyshop which they have connections with. Had a bad experience with both of those...forgot the name of one, the other was Exotic Cars International or something like that.

Had good experience at A-1...and also Sait bodyshop!

rice_eater
10-05-2003, 01:25 PM
why wouldn't you get it done at the dealership? they use GENUINE OEM parts, not imitations. A friend ordered a front civic bumper from part source...is it the same as OEM? i dont know...probably not. OEM will always fit perfect, imitations...maybe. Dealership won't cut corners to cut costs and will sit down and get everything back to the way it was supposed to be the day it rolled off the showroom floor. I know coz a buddy of mine is a bodyshop guy at a chrysler dealership. You get what you pay for as always. You shouldn't cash the guy out, but you shouldn't get the short end either.

lammer
10-05-2003, 01:27 PM
im sure i can put it back onto my car, the bumper is easily taken off and put back on..haha i know because my friend showed me before, it basically just "Snaps" on and you just stick in the screw, all i need is just the Bumper..so im guessing that the dealership would be the ONLY place to have OEM?

szw
10-05-2003, 01:44 PM
no a bodyshop can still get the same oem part. Just see which will give you a better price (I think both should have the same price unless you have a hookup)...gotta get it painted though.

lammer
10-05-2003, 01:46 PM
aww crap..so they come unpainted? haha shit. guess i should start calling body shops.

max_boost
10-05-2003, 01:53 PM
If you were to replace your bumper and lip, cost should be around $1500.

The rear lip comes painted from the factory. Not sure about the bumper though.

Depending on the damage, you might be able to get a bodyshop to repair the lip/bumper.

lammer
10-05-2003, 02:00 PM
i don't think they could repair it. cause it cracked down the corner. and some paint got rubbed off. the crack is about like 2-2.5 inches long. 1500$ for just the back end? or is that with them like putting it back together for me.

illeagle
10-05-2003, 02:04 PM
it all depends, on what is wrecked and what color your car is. But just for a rear cover, $300-400(unpainted), painted -> $500-600, wrecked foam and rebar brackets, and other hidden damages can be present.

Speed_Dreams
10-05-2003, 02:14 PM
you could get a factory replacment replica from Probody parts. they are the exact same quality as OEM but like 1/2 the price

lammer
10-05-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Speed_Dreams
you could get a factory replacment replica from Probody parts. they are the exact same quality as OEM but like 1/2 the price

i dotn know..i rather go for Authentic shit.

szw
10-05-2003, 02:16 PM
The bumper itself is usually pretty cheap. The high part of the cost comes from the painting. You could try and ask to save money by taking off and putting on your own bumper...but I'm not sure if many shops would allow that. Especially since you want the bumper to match the rest of the car as good as possible.

Just talk to bodyshops. You don't think it is repairable...but how much experience with this stuff do you have?

max_boost
10-05-2003, 02:19 PM
If you are not the one paying for it, why are you even considering replica parts? Go to Acura, get the quote and stick it to the dude.

Oh yah, Silverhill Acura because NW Acura sucks ballz

lammer
10-05-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by szw

Just talk to bodyshops. You don't think it is repairable...but how much experience with this stuff do you have?

i asked boi-alien?

CRXguy
10-05-2003, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by lammer

i asked boi-alien?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Go to Silverhill first thing tomorrow morning, get some numbers, then go to a bodyshop, and get some more numbers.

lammer
10-05-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by CRXguy

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Go to Silverhill first thing tomorrow morning, get some numbers, then go to a bodyshop, and get some more numbers.

:dunno:

im going to silverhill tommorw after work. and wha tbody shops should i go to?

lammer
10-05-2003, 02:54 PM
just some pics.

lammer
10-05-2003, 02:55 PM
:(

lammer
10-05-2003, 02:55 PM
just whoring it up..:banghead:

lammer
10-05-2003, 02:56 PM
so what do you guys think? repairable or no?

lammer
10-05-2003, 02:57 PM
last one :(

Weapon_R
10-05-2003, 04:28 PM
lol EASILY repairable.

szw
10-05-2003, 04:32 PM
Yep I think so too. I think it'd be a few hundred to fix.

lammer
10-05-2003, 04:46 PM
brings good news to my friend..now its just time to go shopping around for prices.

szw
10-05-2003, 04:47 PM
Is your 'friend' really you, and you backed into something? haha

Seanith
10-05-2003, 04:54 PM
if worst comes to worst you should be able to get the lip repainted and will only need the bumper .

lammer
10-05-2003, 05:04 PM
no...it was my friend.

CRXguy
10-05-2003, 08:42 PM
:rofl:

you made it sound like the bumper was falling apart! should be an easy fixed as mentioned already, so your "friend" won't have to fork out too much cash.