PDA

View Full Version : Ticket... Need some advice

Shlade
01-19-2009, 02:50 PM
I was driving today from 32nd and was trying to rush back to the south to go write my exam, I didnt see The school zone sign and a Lady cop clocked me doing 25 over the speed limit, All in all im pretty screwed, $150 ticket, and its worse because it's in a school zone, My question is, since ive never gotten a ticket before and dont know what to do in these situations, Where do i go to fight the ticket? How many Demerits is this going to cost me? and Is there any way i could fight the ticket/get it reduced and get the demerits reduced?

All funny jokes aside tho, i know it was stupid and should of paid more attention to my speed and the sign, but i could really use some help...

GQBalla
01-19-2009, 02:52 PM
i believe its 3 demerits,

if its your first ticket you have a good chance your insurance doesn't go up.

imo i would go in and speak to the crown to get a lower payment

Shlade
01-19-2009, 02:57 PM
I hope it doesnt go up
If i can get to the crown before my dad gets to me it might turn out good... Im keeping my fingers crossed
But Do i go in whenever to make the appointment?

japan_us
01-19-2009, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Shlade
I hope it doesnt go up
If i can get to the crown before my dad gets to me it might turn out good... Im keeping my fingers crossed
But Do i go in whenever to make the appointment?

I don't believe you have the option to "get to the crown" in advance anymore. You either pay the ticket, or plead not guilty, at which point they will send you a notice with your court date.

You can go wait in line if you want, however, I'm sure that they'll tell you the same thing. Courts are backed up enough as it is.

This said, yes, you can have the ticket reduced and/or have no demerits, but from my experience you'll end up in court, they'll say "insufficient evidence" (or something along those lines), likely because the cop won't show, and they'll say you're free to go.

Shlade
01-19-2009, 04:44 PM
Thanks for the help
Ill be sure to check it out soon and try and get it sorted out