PDA

View Full Version : Nba '03-'04

Pages : [1] 2

pinoyhero
10-05-2003, 09:10 AM
I'm a big b-ball fan so I thought I'd throw out a topic in case aynone else is and would like to discuss. Here are some general comments:

-Kings missed their chance and they are done
-Lakers with Kobe can't be stopped
-Minnesota will finaly get out of the first round
-Wizards will have no chance of making the playoffs
-No team in the east will compete with the west power

max_boost
10-05-2003, 11:51 AM
You have to like New Jersey's chances in the East, if Zo plays like his old self, the finals are going to be much more interesting.

Orlando screwed themselves with the Grant Hill signing, he's still out for at least another year. If T-Mac stayed in T.O, it be T.O in the finals.

The West is so stacked that any team from there can represent the East and in the finals.

What about the Mavericks? They signed Antawn Jamison, 4 young hungry superstars in their lineup.

If Minnesota doesn't get out of the first round, all hell is going to break loose. I like the signings of Spre, Candyman and Hudson is a wicked player.

The Blazers are still too busy smoking weed.

Pheonix, young team with good talent. Stoudamire is a budding superstar but they have no hope in the West.

Sacremento Kings, Peja, Bibby (overrated), C-Webb, Vlade, I wouldn't count them out.

San Antonio, they won't repeat. Sure, Duncan is good but the rest of the team had a fluky playoff.

The Lakers, if Kobe can get out of his mess, give the championship to them. The best coaching staff, one of the best PG/SG/PF/C in the game. Don't mess with Show time!

PGTze
10-05-2003, 12:17 PM
The Mavericks are going to be the team to beat this year. They have too many weapons on offense to hold them to under 100 points, if they can learn how to play defense they should destroy everybody. I don't like teams that buy championships, so I am still hoping they go down, but I think that is unlikley to happen.

If the Raptors can get it together and that chump Vince Carter doesnt get injured every other game, then Toronto has a good shot at coming out of the East and then getting stomped by whoever wins the West.

pinoyhero
10-05-2003, 12:36 PM
I agree TO with TMac would have been vicious but without TMac an unhealthly Vince, the Raptors are out of the playoffs.

I don't discount the Mavs and quite honestly I would love to see them win, but I just don't think they have what it takes to toplle the Lake show.

I really like Minn too, but same story with the Mavs I don't think tehir quite good enough to beat Shaq, Kobe, Malone, Payton, argubly a line that could start the AllStar game.

sexualbanana
10-05-2003, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by PGTze
The Mavericks are going to be the team to beat this year. They have too many weapons on offense to hold them to under 100 points, if they can learn how to play defense they should destroy everybody. I don't like teams that buy championships, so I am still hoping they go down, but I think that is unlikley to happen.

Dallas doesn't have much of a chance because they're not physical enough. Raef Lafrentz is not a by any means a forwards. He's basically a REALLY tall guard, but because of his size, he's thrown in as a forward.
Nowitzki is as close to a forward they have which isn't saying much with Bradley on the team.

Even then, Dallas is too 3-point reliant. When you have forwards who can shoot 3's better than most guards and Bradley as your only source of rebounding and blocking, you don't stand much of chance against the Lakers with Shaq, Spurs with Duncan, Kings with Webber, etc.

Ajay
10-05-2003, 06:46 PM
It kinda sucks that the East isn't as dominate as the West. The East was always my favourite conference.

As much as I hate the Lakers and their cockiness it's tough to come up with a team that can be as dominate as them right now. With Malone in that front line Shaq isn't gonna have to work as hard and their offense is gonna be amazing cause not only do you have to double team Shaq all the time you gotta throw that double team at Malone as well.

Boston is still my team in the East though...Paul is gonna have an amazing year I think.

I hope Minni makes it outta the first round and shakes their bad luck...this year they'll have a good team to make that happen!

I'm sooooo glad I have this crazy Dish Network satellite...get about a billion channels of Fox Sportsnet and a bunch of NBA League Pass channels!

pinoyhero
10-06-2003, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

Dallas doesn't have much of a chance because they're not physical enough. Raef Lafrentz is not a by any means a forwards. He's basically a REALLY tall guard, but because of his size, he's thrown in as a forward.
Nowitzki is as close to a forward they have which isn't saying much with Bradley on the team.

Even then, Dallas is too 3-point reliant. When you have forwards who can shoot 3's better than most guards and Bradley as your only source of rebounding and blocking, you don't stand much of chance against the Lakers with Shaq, Spurs with Duncan, Kings with Webber, etc.

I agree, shoot threes all you want but you better not miss trying to board against shaq and malone

yankeefan
10-06-2003, 08:36 PM
Western conference final Lakers vs. Minnesota
Eastern conference final Sixers vs. Nets

Those are the matchups Id like too see, Detriot is gunna be alot better this year with added talent and new coach, so can throw them into the talks about the east. Other then haveing to hear about kobe every minute, the upcoming season should be interesting.

04blackMAX
10-06-2003, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by pinoyhero
I'm a big b-ball fan so I thought I'd throw out a topic in case aynone else is and would like to discuss. Here are some general comments:

-Kings missed their chance and they are done
-Lakers with Kobe can't be stopped
-Minnesota will finaly get out of the first round
-Wizards will have no chance of making the playoffs
-No team in the east will compete with the west power

ohhh kobe will be stopped, by a 300 pound black man in jail..hahahaha

pinoyhero
10-06-2003, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by yankeefan
Western conference final Lakers vs. Minnesota
Eastern conference final Sixers vs. Nets

Those are the matchups Id like too see, Detriot is gunna be alot better this year with added talent and new coach, so can throw them into the talks about the east. Other then haveing to hear about kobe every minute, the upcoming season should be interesting.

I would love to see that west final as well but I think minn will make it to the second round at best.

yankeefan
10-06-2003, 09:35 PM
Yeah its just wishful thinking, nba this year hinges on Shaqs health. If hes healthy lakers win. If he gets hurt, 10 teams have a shot at the championship.

pinoyhero
10-06-2003, 09:45 PM
Yeah its just wishful thinking, nba this year hinges on Shaqs health. If hes healthy lakers win. If he gets hurt, 10 teams have a shot at the championship.

I agree with your one point that if shaq is healthy then the lakers are champs but don't know about there being 10 other competitive teams. Maybe 3 or 4

yankeefan
10-06-2003, 10:10 PM
was more of an exageration then anything really, If shaq gets hurt I think 3 teams out of the east have a chance. And 3 or 4 teams out of the west.

East(detroit,new jersey,philadelphia)
West(sacremento,san antonio,dallas) mayby minnesota. definately would be alot more wide open without shaq. But im not wishing him injury;)

SoSlowDx
10-06-2003, 10:11 PM
Lakers have the best chance even w/o Kobe for some time.

pinoyhero
10-07-2003, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by SoSlowDx
Lakers have the best chance even w/o Kobe for some time.

I bet that's what you said at the beginning of last year too.

accordboi_02
10-07-2003, 08:47 AM
I hate the Lakers; I hate Malone, he is a bitch, and he does not deserve a championship. I'm hoping fate steps in and prevents him from winning.
I still don't think Minn. has what it takes to make it far; Garnett can only do so much...
Sac. I think has blown their chances, is C Web going to be back right away, or is his knee still messed?
Dallas would be an amazing team if they learned how to play even a LITTLE D.
No one has said anything about LeBron yet... who's going to be Rookie of the year?? Him or Carmello or someone else???
As for the Raptors, last year Kobe said: "If T Mac had stayed in Toronto, the Lakers would never have been 3peat champs." Fuck T Mac, he's too individualistic, so now he can get all the personal accolades he wants, but he'll never get a championship in Orlando.

Oh yeah: Go Bulls!!!!
:rolleyes:

bigboom
10-07-2003, 10:21 AM
west
wolves- with spree will make it past the first round
lakers- im really curious to see how they do especially when they got all those guys that are going to want the ball. im undecided on them
sac- if bibby can get back on track and him and cwebb can start running the pick and roll like they used to then they still have a decent chance
mavericks- as offensive as tehy can be their d leaves something to be desired and now that they lost van exel they could be hurting especiall if nash has to take more minutes.

east
NJ- the only thing that might hold them back is zo, depending on if he can run with them or not, they like running the court so they need guys that can run with them.

pistons- see how darko and prince do.

raptors-all about vince

sixers- they should be getting better especially with the big dog

yankeefan
10-07-2003, 10:45 AM
mutumbo could play a big part, depending on where he ends up.

sexualbanana
10-07-2003, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by bigboom
east
NJ- the only thing that might hold them back is zo, depending on if he can run with them or not, they like running the court so they need guys that can run with them.

Don't know if I agree with that. Even if he doesn't run the court as well, Mourning will do a lot of good because now Martin doesn't have to worry about the rebounds as much. Mourning will take care of that as well as be a safety when Kidd and Martin are running the break.

PGTze
10-07-2003, 02:24 PM
Alot of people are liking the Lakers, and for good reasons i guess. I used to be a huge Lakers fans even back when they had guys like Magic, and then Nick the Quick and Eddie Jones. I'm goping to have trouble cheering for them this year though, I hate teams that buy championships, and I hate Karl Malone.

The problem with the Lakers is that they look great on paper, and I'm sure will be killer in NBA 2004 and other video games. But real basketball isn't all about individual skills, and going one on one every time down the floor. If they cannot work as a team then they are pretty much screwed (see Portland Trailblazers). It will be interesting to see how the ball will be distributed amoung four superstars. Kobe and Shaq had a hard enough time sharing the ball before, now through in Malone and the Glove. What are they going to do now, Phil Jackson is going to have to set a quota on the maximum number of shots each player can take per game or something. Otherwise there will be a total of about 5 passes made per Laker game.

accordboi_02
10-07-2003, 03:41 PM
There's a new rumour going around:
Phil Jackson says if Kobe can't play all season, he's considering asking MJ to come play for the Lakers... imagine a team w/ Payton, Shaq, Bryant (maybe), Malone and Jordan?!?!
I hate the Lakers, but MJ is the best, I dunno if I should cheer for them if he joins????
:dunno:

max_boost
10-07-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by accordboi_02
There's a new rumour going around:
Phil Jackson says if Kobe can't play all season, he's considering asking MJ to come play for the Lakers... imagine a team w/ Payton, Shaq, Bryant (maybe), Malone and Jordan?!?!
I hate the Lakers, but MJ is the best, I dunno if I should cheer for them if he joins????
:dunno:

Malone and Payton went to the Lakers to win a championship and they will. These future hall of famers know what it feels like to lose, having lost to MJ and the Bulls. So they will buy into the Triangle Offense and the Lakers will return to glory.

ON a side note, MJ and the Bulls would have matched the modern day record of 8 straight championships by the Celtics if he had not retired. Hell they probably could of pulled off 9 in a row!

Lebron James, he's made $100million dollars already. Who needs to play basketball? LOL

yankeefan
10-07-2003, 03:54 PM
I'd prolly be a laker fan for the year if MJ played for them, as much as I'd hate it:)

accordboi_02
10-07-2003, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by max_boost

Malone and Payton went to the Lakers to win a championship and they will. These future hall of famers know what it feels like to lose, having lost to MJ and the Bulls. So they will buy into the Triangle Offense and the Lakers will return to glory.

If Jordan isn't on the team, I hope that they don't win. Malone has no heart, that's why he got his ass kicked not once, but TWICE by Rodman in the finals.
Malone is a bitch, he should have retired with Stockton and they can go to the Hall of Fame together, as LOSERS.
I used to like Payton, it's too bad he had to go to the Lakers.
:thumbsdow

SoSlowDx
10-07-2003, 04:36 PM

I bet that's what you said at the beginning of last year too.

Actually I thought the Nets were.:)

pinoyhero
10-07-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by SoSlowDx

Actually I thought the Nets were.:)

Are you serious you really thought the nets would compete with the west? Maybe this year if ZO plays like he did back in the day but I don't see that happening.

gongSHOW
10-07-2003, 09:32 PM

If Jordan isn't on the team, I hope that they don't win. Malone has no heart, that's why he got his ass kicked not once, but TWICE by Rodman in the finals.
Malone is a bitch, he should have retired with Stockton and they can go to the Hall of Fame together, as LOSERS.
I used to like Payton, it's too bad he had to go to the Lakers.
:thumbsdow

I have to disagree with you for Malone to take such a huge pay cut to win a championship shows you that he cares about the game and isn't just in it for the money. I know he's still making tons of money but still if you're willing to take that kind of pay cut nearly 18 million shows some heart!

accordboi_02
10-07-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by gongSHOW

I have to disagree with you for Malone to take such a huge pay cut to win a championship shows you that he cares about the game and isn't just in it for the money. I know he's still making tons of money but still if you're willing to take that kind of pay cut nearly 18 million shows some heart!

I never said that he's in it for the money, just that he has no heart; he doesn't have that killer or championship instinct. He couldn't win it when all the cards were down, so now he's hoping it will be handed to him on a silver platter courtesy Shaq et. all.

When playing the Bulls, instead of sucking it up and kicking some ass, Malone bitched about every little thing (Rodman), and then watched as MJ stole the ball from him and scored the winning basket in the dying seconds.

Malone always has been and always will be a bitch; in fact, I hope that he screws up and COSTS the Lakers a championship... poetic justice!!!! In fact, I had to laugh my ass off when Rodman said that he wants to comeback just so that he can prevent Malone from winning!!! LOL!!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Fuck Malone and the Jazz of old, fuck Malone and the current Lakers; I don't care how my fav teams do this year; this season will be a success in my book if the Lakers and Malone leave empty-handed!!! And to top it off, I would love to see him retire a loser, like his buddy Stockton!!!!!
:devil:

accordboi_02
10-07-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by gongSHOW

I have to disagree with you for Malone to take such a huge pay cut to win a championship shows you that he cares about the game and isn't just in it for the money.

Oh, I completely forgot, if he cares about the game, why did he refuse to play in the All Star game a couple years ago, when he was VOTED in by the fans???

He doesn't give a shit about the game, all he wants is to not be a bitch ass loser who could never win it all.

sexualbanana
10-08-2003, 12:28 AM
As much as I don't like Malone and the Jazz, they're a pretty talented team with Hornacek, Stockton and Malone running the pick and roll to perfection every single time. If it were any other period, the Jazz would've had their own dynasty of championships but unfortunately everytime they've had to face incredible teams in the Bulls (With Kukoc, Pippen, Rodman, Jordan, Harper, Kerr, etc) and now the Lakers (Shaq, Kobe, Rodman for awhile, Rice, Horry, etc)

yankeefan
10-08-2003, 04:36 AM
your knocking malone, like anyone would have had a chance against the bulls. Noone was beating those jordan/pippen teams.

SoSlowDx
10-08-2003, 08:34 AM

Are you serious you really thought the nets would compete with the west? Maybe this year if ZO plays like he did back in the day but I don't see that happening.

hey anything can happen man

accordboi_02
10-08-2003, 08:46 AM
As much as I don't like Malone and the Jazz, they're a pretty talented team with Hornacek, Stockton and Malone running the pick and roll to perfection every single time. If it were any other period, the Jazz would've had their own dynasty of championships but unfortunately everytime they've had to face incredible teams in the Bulls (With Kukoc, Pippen, Rodman, Jordan, Harper, Kerr, etc) and now the Lakers (Shaq, Kobe, Rodman for awhile, Rice, Horry, etc)

Actually the Jazz were a talented team; I dunno about this year. But once again, they didn't have the heart to win. Let's face it, the Bulls were not unstoppable the final two years, hence the game 6 win... it's just that Jordan and all showed that they have the heart of a champion and Malone showed that he's a little bitch that can't handle not having his way with the refs and Rodman.

RiCE-DaDDy
10-09-2003, 07:01 PM
say what u want bout malone but i think stockon was a great player with a style that will never die haha

accordboi_02
10-09-2003, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
say what u want bout malone but i think stockon was a great player with a style that will never die haha

I hate the Jazz, I hate Malone, I hate Stockton. They were both bitches who played dirty but also, granted, they had skill; so they were able to get away with anything they wanted on the court.
Fuck them both; they do deserve to be in the Hall of Fame, but they don't deserve any championships... 1 down, 1 to go!

Ajay
10-10-2003, 02:47 AM
I'de disagree with that completely.

I have ABSOLUTELY no love for the Jazz but I always thought Karl Malone and John Stockton were amazing players. Karl Malone is like the Cal Ripken of the NBA...he would play if his eyes were popping out of his head and had a broken leg if he had to. That boy has dedication that is unparalleled. Shame John Stockton didn't have a chance to win a championship but the boy had an amazing career and is by far one of the BEST point gaurds ever to play the game.

He was a pure point gaurd who ALWAYS looked to pass first and shoot second....don't see that anymore.

I just don't like the Lakers but they're gonna be a REAL tough team to contend with with the lineup they'll have. That entire front line has probably a good 50 years experience combined in the NBA and every single player on the starting five has been to the NBA Finals and won a championship!! Gonna be tough to compete with that experience and skill. I think this year Malone and GP might get their rings which is good for them. Damn Lakers.........

Sac baby...SAC! Dallas has a chance but come playoff time they can't rely on soley their jumper. They need to make some moves to actually bring in a real center to take the load off of Nowitzki, Finley, Nash, and Van Exel. They need someone they can dump the ball into for an easy two points.

East hopefully is gonna be Sixers or Boston...I love Boston...well Paul Pierce anyway! Gonna be a good season....Cleveland will still go nowhere with Lebron James. That boy is gonna see what playing in the NBA is about and you KNOW he's gonna get it rough from all the other players!

And this crap about MJ coming back...I don't think that would EVER happen again. I'm the HUGEST MJ fan and I can honestly say I know almost everything about the dude. I was totally against it when he came back and played for the Wizards. Sure he's still the best player to play the game but he went out on top and he should have left it like that. He, in my opinon kind of tarnished his image with that move. If he came back and played for the Lakers?!?!?!? A team that used to kick the Bull's ass on a daily basis back in the early 90's?! My respect for MJ will decrease somewhat.

sexualbanana
10-11-2003, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by Ajay
A team that used to kick the Bull's ass on a daily basis back in the early 90's?!

But he joined the Wizards who the Bulls used to just whoop on an hourly basis.

max_boost
10-11-2003, 10:37 AM
The Lakers kicking the Bull's ass in the early 90's? Considering the Lakers lost in the 91 finals in 5 games to the Bulls, Showtime was over! Passing of the torch!

And Dallas has Antawn Jamison now, dynamic slashing team so watch out for a lot of slam dunks and high light reel plays!

I don't think Jordan tarnished his legacy but he went out in such a way that people can only dream of. Hitting the game winning shot to give your team the championship? It was a shame to see the Bulls dismantle because I honestly think they could of won another one.

PGTze
10-11-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy

:werd: :werd: :werd:

Stockton had mad game for real. Just because he had super short shorts, was white and had a bad haircut doesn't mean he sucked. Think about it, it would be way easier to cross over between the legs if you didn't have huge ass shorts to deal with. Think of how good AI would be if he had tiny shorts, haha. Contrary to popular belief, Stockton would destroy any of the gaurds in the And 1 mix tapes with his fundamentals. He was just that damn good.

skandalz
10-11-2003, 02:09 PM
Here comes the truth... LAKERS TAKE THE TITLE, sweep right through 'cept for a lost here or there when they'll eventually meet the spurs. East will no matter who ends up on top, most likely will be the Nets with the same cats they had taking them to the finals last year. MOURNING WON'T DO SHIT. K-mart will end up blowing his fuse and getting into a minor scuffle with Karl Malone. GP vs. Kidd, the professor vs. the prodigy that'll be a show to watch, way better then Kidd vs. Parker which was just a joke. Unfortunately looks like the way Shaq slimmed down, shown more focus then he has in years, and the stronger supporting cast, he'll be a shoe in for MVP of both the regular and the finals. All-star game? You know that'll be all the hype. Lebron's year will be steady, he'll deffinitely live up to the hype, with probably the only criticism being his outside jumper. He'll have his low nights but more high lights then anything. BUT THE CAVS WILL NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS. *Also small comment worth not evening mentioning- Gilbert Arenas' guarantee that the WIZARDS will make the play off= BULLSHIT*. The best team that's gonna throw down will deffinitely be the Wolves. THANK YOU GOD for giving KG a worthy supporting cast. KG, WALLY WORLD, SAM CASSELL AND SPREWELL???? Only team that can beat them will be the Lakers... and maybe even the Spurs (Ouch that hurts to say).

pinoyhero
10-11-2003, 05:16 PM

:werd: :werd: :werd:

Stockton had mad game for real. Just because he had super short shorts, was white and had a bad haircut doesn't mean he sucked. Think about it, it would be way easier to cross over between the legs if you didn't have huge ass shorts to deal with. Think of how good AI would be if he had tiny shorts, haha. Contrary to popular belief, Stockton would destroy any of the gaurds in the And 1 mix tapes with his fundamentals. He was just that damn good.

I second that, stock was damn good. I don't think though at his age he could keep up to AI, even in short shorts. Maybe in his prime he could have but there are guys way faster than him, perfect fundamental only get you so far.

PGTze
10-11-2003, 05:26 PM

I don't think though at his age he could keep up to AI, even in short shorts. Maybe in his prime he could have but there are guys way faster than him, perfect fundamental only get you so far.

Uhh, I never said he could keep up to Iverson. All I was saying is that AI would have an even sicker cross if he had shorts like Stocktons. Haha, it would be funny to watch too.

yankeefan
10-11-2003, 08:15 PM
Noone can keep up with AI, he either is makeing his shots or missing them. you just gotta hope he settles for jumpshots and isnt hitting them, cause if he wants to get to the basket noone can stay with him.

pinoyhero
10-11-2003, 11:36 PM

Uhh, I never said he could keep up to Iverson. All I was saying is that AI would have an even sicker cross if he had shorts like Stocktons. Haha, it would be funny to watch too.

What would be real funny is if he kept the same size top and it came untucked. It look like he wasn't wearing bottoms, LOL.

accordboi_02
10-12-2003, 03:55 PM
I don't care what everyone says:
Yes, they were good, but they weren't good enough to win it all.
Stockton and Malone are still bitches; and the Jazz are never getting a championship.
Lakers will lose this year; just because Malone is a bitch, and he doesn't have the heart to win a championship.

pinoyhero
10-16-2003, 10:00 PM
I don't care what everyone says:
Yes, they were good, but they weren't good enough to win it all.
Stockton and Malone are still bitches; and the Jazz are never getting a championship.
Lakers will lose this year; just because Malone is a bitch, and he doesn't have the heart to win a championship.

Well somone's a big Malone fan, you say the Lakeshow won't win but I'd bet you wouldn't put money on another team.

Roadrage
10-20-2003, 02:08 PM
I see the Mavs are loading up...Jamison is now with Nash, Nowitski, Finley, etc.

pinoyhero
10-21-2003, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Roadrage
I see the Mavs are loading up...Jamison is now with Nash, Nowitski, Finley, etc.

They sure are loading up, especially with toine, nevertheless they can't compete with the Lakeshow. I like a toine and jamison for J O'neal and Artest. Would give the mavs a center and fierce dfenderm which they really need. The Pacers have the depth to give up size for young scoring.

yankeefan
10-22-2003, 01:20 AM
Sixers are my sleeper team this year, I say they make it too the finals. AI,Big Dog and Kenny Thomas. Thomas was a beast last year in the playoffs and hes in great shape now, differing from his pudgey days back when he played for New Mexico. If Snow is healthy, I expect big things from the Sixers.

pinoyhero
10-25-2003, 10:56 AM
Sixers are my sleeper team this year, I say they make it too the finals. AI,Big Dog and Kenny Thomas. Thomas was a beast last year in the playoffs and hes in great shape now, differing from his pudgey days back when he played for New Mexico. If Snow is healthy, I expect big things from the Sixers.

I agree the sixers could be a pretty decent team this year if they able to keep it together, nevertheless there is no way they or anyone else in the east with be able to take on the west.

iced_out_00
10-28-2003, 07:15 PM
Man i hate to break it to everyone who thought LeBron was the bets but... all the games i've watched he sucks fuckin cock. Maybe he jkuss needs to get into his groove? I don't know, but you'd think a man that's quoted to be the next MJ wud have better nights than 8 point games. Wait until midseason though. I can see James goin to Lakers. Call me crazy but i see it. If Lebron gets into his groove everyoen will want him. But... even though their pre-season was horrible, but they still my team, u gota watch out for the Sixers. I definitely think it's Iverson's year. Kobe goin to court, LeBron tryng to shine, it's time that he pulls abck up his socks and shows what he's made of, the NBA's gonna need someone this year, and without a doubt i think it'll be iverson. Last word... West is the shit

accordboi_02
10-28-2003, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by iced_out_00
Man i hate to break it to everyone who thought LeBron was the bets but... all the games i've watched he sucks fuckin cock. Maybe he jkuss needs to get into his groove? I don't know, but you'd think a man that's quoted to be the next MJ wud have better nights than 8 point games. Wait until midseason though. I can see James goin to Lakers. Call me crazy but i see it. If Lebron gets into his groove everyoen will want him. But... even though their pre-season was horrible, but they still my team, u gota watch out for the Sixers. I definitely think it's Iverson's year. Kobe goin to court, LeBron tryng to shine, it's time that he pulls abck up his socks and shows what he's made of, the NBA's gonna need someone this year, and without a doubt i think it'll be iverson. Last word... West is the shit

Give LeBron a year or two... no player has made a super impact their first year out of HS in the NBA. Kobe, Tracey, KG... they all took time to develop into superstars.

How's this for a trade: Kobe for LeBron... (assuming Kobe doesn't go to prison)
Him and Shaq are already fighting with each other, and slamming each other in the media... I hope they keep it up, just so the Lakers won't win!!!!!

:thumbsup: :clap:

pinoyhero
10-28-2003, 09:06 PM

Give LeBron a year or two... no player has made a super impact their first year out of HS in the NBA. Kobe, Tracey, KG... they all took time to develop into superstars.

Him and Shaq are already fighting with each other, and slamming each other in the media... I hope they keep it up, just so the Lakers won't win!!!!!

:thumbsup: :clap:

Interesting trade, Kobe for LeBron but I tell you what, it would never happen, not for a while at least. Even though Kob and Shaq are fighting I don't see the Lakers trading a hall of famer for an unproven 19 year old.

accordboi_02
10-28-2003, 09:16 PM

Interesting trade, Kobe for LeBron but I tell you what, it would never happen, not for a while at least. Even though Kob and Shaq are fighting I don't see the Lakers trading a hall of famer for an unproven 19 year old.

True, but Kobe is a free agent next year... what guarantee would the Lakers have that he would sign there again?
he's already pissed off at shaq; he was just fined today for talking bad about Shaq, and he wants a team for himself.

the lakers took a chance on Kobe at first as well, and he lived up to billings... also, think just how good LeBron can be if he learns from playing with ppl like Payton, Shaq, and (although I'm loathe to admit it) Karl Malone.

It could potentially be a great trade for the Lakers; since they're going to lose Kobe anyways.

pinoyhero
10-28-2003, 09:53 PM

True, but Kobe is a free agent next year... what guarantee would the Lakers have that he would sign there again?
he's already pissed off at shaq; he was just fined today for talking bad about Shaq, and he wants a team for himself.

the lakers took a chance on Kobe at first as well, and he lived up to billings... also, think just how good LeBron can be if he learns from playing with ppl like Payton, Shaq, and (although I'm loathe to admit it) Karl Malone.

It could potentially be a great trade for the Lakers; since they're going to lose Kobe anyways.

This is true Kobe will be up for renewal next year. I personally don't see him with a team like the Cavs, one they suck and I'm sure he wouldn't be a big an of that and two they don't have the money to pay him. Regardless I still think its a very interesting propostion. I think the Lakers would like to get more than just LeBron though for a star like KB.

Carter?
Marion?
Duncan?

Not that all these guys would be straight across trades but they would be a good fit given that they have little attitude.

accordboi_02
10-28-2003, 10:51 PM

This is true Kobe will be up for renewal next year. I personally don't see him with a team like the Cavs, one they suck and I'm sure he wouldn't be a big an of that and two they don't have the money to pay him. Regardless I still think its a very interesting propostion. I think the Lakers would like to get more than just LeBron though for a star like KB.

Carter?
Marion?
Duncan?

Not that all these guys would be straight across trades but they would be a good fit given that they have little attitude.

True, rumours say that Memphis wants Kobe though and that he wouldn't mind being there... and I don't think he'd mind going to a loser, just b/c it would be his team, and then he can prove that he can win without Shaq (or not, who knows?)

Hehe, Carter for bryant?? Kobe in T.O.?? That would be awesome, at least then I could cheer for him!! Too bad it'll never happen... :thumbsdow

PGTze
10-29-2003, 01:01 AM

I agree with the first part, I played my last year of high school ball last year and I can't even imagine trying to play in the nba now. I mean I'm no King James or anything but still. The guy is probably still growing, not to mention his brain, haha.

As for the Kobe/LeBron trade. No chance in hell that would happen. James is from Ohio, the home town savior, they would not trade that for an accused rapist even if Kobe is better. The Cavs have been perposely shitting the bed for the last 2 seasons at least. All so they could get the #1 pick in the draft for the sole perpose of drafting LeBron James.

pinoyhero
10-29-2003, 06:40 AM

I agree with the first part, I played my last year of high school ball last year and I can't even imagine trying to play in the nba now. I mean I'm no King James or anything but still. The guy is probably still growing, not to mention his brain, haha.

As for the Kobe/LeBron trade. No chance in hell that would happen. James is from Ohio, the home town savior, they would not trade that for an accused rapist even if Kobe is better. The Cavs have been perposely shitting the bed for the last 2 seasons at least. All so they could get the #1 pick in the draft for the sole perpose of drafting LeBron James.

Hometown biy or not, I am pretty sure Clevland would trade a propect for a proven superstar hands down.

PGTze
10-29-2003, 01:23 PM

Hometown biy or not, I am pretty sure Clevland would trade a propect for a proven superstar hands down.
You really think so? Well anything could happen I guess. This is supposed to be the next MJ though, I just can't see it happening.

In other unrelated NBA news, has anyone else seen the new Raptors Red jersies? All I can say is they are P.I.M.P. :bigpimp:.

mo_virgin
10-29-2003, 04:20 PM

Raef isn't with the mavs... and they are gonna be awsome this year man... i sure hope so

Roadrage
10-29-2003, 04:50 PM

No way Cleveland would trade James at the moment. #1 He's from the area, #2 He's only 18, #3 He may end up even better then the proven superstar and, #4 Massive backlash from the fans. If, say in 3 years, LaBron still hasn't shown that he is the savior, then perhaps.

pinoyhero
10-29-2003, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Roadrage

No way Cleveland would trade James at the moment. #1 He's from the area, #2 He's only 18, #3 He may end up even better then the proven superstar and, #4 Massive backlash from the fans. If, say in 3 years, LaBron still hasn't shown that he is the savior, then perhaps.

I just can not believe you guys are saying this. Who in their right mind wouldn't trade a propect for arguably the best player in the game? And then your final comment tops it off, maybe in three years if LeBron turned out a mediocre player then maybe Cleveland would consider the trade. Ofcourse they would!

sexualbanana
10-29-2003, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by mo_virgin

Raef isn't with the mavs... and they are gonna be awsome this year man... i sure hope so

I wrote that before the trade so

The Cavs are not going to trade Lebron. They won't until he gets to the point where they can no longer afford to keep him and even then the Cavs would do their damndest to keep him.

Lebron is Clevelands franchise player. Unproven or not, he's all they have. He's their main focus on and off the court. Even if it was a trade for Kobe, I'm willing to bet they won't take it.

PGTze
10-30-2003, 12:18 AM
Anyone else see the Cavs/Kings game? I just caught the last quater and highlights, but man was LeBron ever impressive. I deffinitly wouldn't trade him for Kobe, because he will be better then Kobe by the time he's 20.

legereandrew4
10-30-2003, 01:17 AM
yea i agree... That cavs game was killer. bron pulled in 25 points and 9 assist... damn the talk about him for past 4 years has been hell of worth it... yea, by the time he is 20, bron will over through kobe... and maybe young jordan, common bron is the next #23 to hit the L as a first round draft pick... kinda reminds me of jordan.

accordboi_02
10-30-2003, 10:28 AM
Yeah LeBron had a great game.

Other great 1st games: Carter and the Raptors... Carter had 39, he's STILL healthy for once after a game, and the Raps won!

Also, KG had a monster game for Minnesota 25 pts & 21 rbds.
Sprewell and Cassell also looked impressive for Minn.

max_boost
10-30-2003, 11:02 AM
Lebron James had what? 2 turnovers? The guy played like a seasoned veteran out there. Calm, cool, and collective, what more can you ask for from an 18 year old?!?! I'd be shitting my pants!! haha

They also showed the statistics of KG, Kobe, and T-Mac in their first game and Lebron out did them.

He also made a couple razzle dazzle moves including that left hand finger role on Brad Miller. Wicked game overall and I still think Bibby is way over-paid!!!!!

Chrisw
10-30-2003, 12:17 PM

Chrisw
10-30-2003, 12:24 PM
ok......

The lakers did not buy a championship, actually they just went out and found two "stars" (not in my mind) that have never won, and should never win, and given them a chance to join the "best" team in the league. Money wasnt the factor here.......malone wants a ring so bad that he'll do anything to get one...to bad no one told him that he'd look like a fag doing getting one this way. THe same thing goes for the glove, I never minded him before, but to think he would join a team for one year just to win......FAG.

And the mavs arnt gonna do much besides maybe put up a fight in the second round.......their d sucks to bad.

The kings are just over rated and always have been....if they were half as good as people say they are...they'd all be wearing a ring.

The team I really like this year is TO. They made some huge changes this year and are looking up. I agree with all of you who said he NEEDS to stay healthy, and if he does ( and if they can get guys like mo pete, and AD to play great) teams will not be excited to meet them in the playoffs. The matter fo the fact is that Vince is PISSED. He's sat by for the last two years hearing people say, "where's the old vince" and crap like that. He was injured and could do to much. But this years he's showing the "old vince again", he's not getting as high in the lane, but he's got a better shot. I mean come on......DID YOU SEE THE SEASON OPENER.......nj couldnt do a thing....every time down the court.....carter made them pay.........and nj is supposed to be the best team in the east?...NOT ANYMORE!

Roadrage
10-30-2003, 01:20 PM

I just can not believe you guys are saying this. Who in their right mind wouldn't trade a propect for arguably the best player in the game? And then your final comment tops it off, maybe in three years if LeBron turned out a mediocre player then maybe Cleveland would consider the trade. Ofcourse they would!

I never said if LeBron turned out a mediocre player in 3 years...I said if he didn't turn out to be the savior...big difference there. Plus I don't think Kobe is arguably the "best player in the game."

Would you have traded Michael Jordan (who was only a prospect) when he was a rookie for say Magic Johnson or Larry Bird (Who were 2 proven superstars in their day)?

mo_virgin
10-30-2003, 04:10 PM
Anybody playing fantasy NBA at yahoo? instrested in starting a new pool?

oh yeah... and Malone sucks... the mailman doesn't EVER deliver. You guys are missing the main reason why the Lakers are dominant and WILL always be dominant... not matter how much you like him or hate him... SHAQ is at his peak and cannot be contained.

pinoyhero
10-30-2003, 06:09 PM
Anybody playing fantasy NBA at yahoo? instrested in starting a new pool?

oh yeah... and Malone sucks... the mailman doesn't EVER deliver. You guys are missing the main reason why the Lakers are dominant and WILL always be dominant... not matter how much you like him or hate him... SHAQ is at his peak and cannot be contained.

Interesting you would say the M Man can't deliever his numbers the other night looked better than Shaq's to me. Too bad you posted the pool thing so late I just joined one, let me periodically how your doing though.

mo_virgin
10-30-2003, 09:19 PM

Interesting you would say the M Man can't deliever his numbers the other night looked better than Shaq's to me. Too bad you posted the pool thing so late I just joined one, let me periodically how your doing though.

Yo Pinoy, how did your draft go man... I ended up with a decent team...

Billups, Chauncey
Wesley, David
Mason, Desmond
Thomas, Kenny
Thomas, Tim
Sprewell, Latrell
Outlaw, Bo
O'Neal, Shaquille
Foyle, Adonal
Fisher, Derek
Nash, Steve
Finley, Michael
Delk, Tony

All my players seem to have games on the same nights though... hmm...

All im saying is that Shaq turns it up when he needs to and there is no need yet. No other center has his superiority.

pinoyhero
10-30-2003, 10:20 PM

Yo Pinoy, how did your draft go man... I ended up with a decent team...

Billups, Chauncey
Wesley, David
Mason, Desmond
Thomas, Kenny
Thomas, Tim
Sprewell, Latrell
Outlaw, Bo
O'Neal, Shaquille
Foyle, Adonal
Fisher, Derek
Nash, Steve
Finley, Michael
Delk, Tony

All my players seem to have games on the same nights though... hmm...

All im saying is that Shaq turns it up when he needs to and there is no need yet. No other center has his superiority.

My team hasn't been drafted yet, I don't think ours goes until tomorrow which is kind of odd. Your team looks OK though.

Ajay
10-31-2003, 12:53 AM
This season will be interesting to see.....I was surprised with LeBron James. The boy can definetly play in the NBA ranks...course it's only been a couple games but still.

I didn't even end up watching any NBA today....I watched the game where Webber decided to call timeouts when Michigan didn't have any and blow the game. That game still makes me cry.

pinoyhero
10-31-2003, 06:40 AM
This season will be interesting to see.....I was surprised with LeBron James. The boy can definetly play in the NBA ranks...course it's only been a couple games but still.

I didn't even end up watching any NBA today....I watched the game where Webber decided to call timeouts when Michigan didn't have any and blow the game. That game still makes me cry.

I agree, LeBron is truly impressive. I wouild argue that he could be the best rookie of all time.

yankeefan
10-31-2003, 06:56 AM

I agree, LeBron is truly impressive. I wouild argue that he could be the best rookie of all time.

Im a fan of the youngster, but lets not be crazy. Hes quite possibly the worst defender in the NBA at this point. He will get better with Silas as his coach. But his defensive principles are terrible. He will make plays in the passing lanes and getting rebounds cause hes a freak. But as for off the ball defense he leaves much tobe desired.

Now with that said hes fun too watch and barring injury hes gunna be great. I dont mean to come off like im knocking the kid hes a great talent. And will only get better.

Theres been plenty of better rookies then Lebron. Now if he went to college for a couple years and then came out. I might not be able to say that.

accordboi_02
10-31-2003, 10:40 AM

I would wait on saying that... he's played what, two games?
It's a long season; we'll see how he performs when teams start keying their defences on him...
I think he's exciting and whatnot, but I am taking a wait-and-see approach to him... Carter looked really good his 1st game this season; doesn't mean that he's going to lead the raps to the playoffs though...

pinoyhero
10-31-2003, 12:38 PM

I would wait on saying that... he's played what, two games?
It's a long season; we'll see how he performs when teams start keying their defences on him...
I think he's exciting and whatnot, but I am taking a wait-and-see approach to him... Carter looked really good his 1st game this season; doesn't mean that he's going to lead the raps to the playoffs though...

I said he was impressive, which you must admit he is. I also said he could be the best rookie of all time (can you think of a beter one), I mentioned nothing of playoffs ect.

pinoyhero
10-31-2003, 12:39 PM

Im a fan of the youngster, but lets not be crazy. Hes quite possibly the worst defender in the NBA at this point. He will get better with Silas as his coach. But his defensive principles are terrible. He will make plays in the passing lanes and getting rebounds cause hes a freak. But as for off the ball defense he leaves much tobe desired.

Now with that said hes fun too watch and barring injury hes gunna be great. I dont mean to come off like im knocking the kid hes a great talent. And will only get better.

Theres been plenty of better rookies then Lebron. Now if he went to college for a couple years and then came out. I might not be able to say that.

Rookies better than LeBron such as....

Ajay
10-31-2003, 01:15 PM
Yah I dunno about saying he's gonna be the best rookie of all time. There's so many rookies that didn't get their props at all and probably won't get as much cause of the whole LeBron hype.

Carmelo Anthony for one is gonna rip shit up in the NBA in my opinion. He had a pretty sweet 3rd quarter for Denver last night...10 of his 14 in the 3rd. At one point he had scored ALL of Denver's points in the 3rd.

Darko Milicic will be an amazing player this year as well. Good thing about him is he already a dominant player in Europe and everyone know's how they play in Europe is different than in the NBA. He's got all the fundementals down and just needs time to mature...ala Dirk Nowitzki.

pinoyhero
10-31-2003, 01:27 PM
Yah I dunno about saying he's gonna be the best rookie of all time. There's so many rookies that didn't get their props at all and probably won't get as much cause of the whole LeBron hype.

Carmelo Anthony for one is gonna rip shit up in the NBA in my opinion. He had a pretty sweet 3rd quarter for Denver last night...10 of his 14 in the 3rd. At one point he had scored ALL of Denver's points in the 3rd.

Darko Milicic will be an amazing player this year as well. Good thing about him is he already a dominant player in Europe and everyone know's how they play in Europe is different than in the NBA. He's got all the fundementals down and just needs time to mature...ala Dirk Nowitzki.

Fair enough but I still haven't heard of a rookie that is better than what LeBron could be, hype or not.

yankeefan
10-31-2003, 08:34 PM
Allen Iverson 23.5ppg 7.5apg 4.1rpg 2.1spg
Tim Duncan 21.1ppg 11.9rpg 2.5bpg
Shaquille Oneal 23.4ppg 13.9rpg 3.5bpg
Michael Jordan 28.2ppg 6.5rpg 5.9apg 2.39spg

If those 4 arent enough ill come up with more. But those are examples of better 'rookies'. ANd we are talking about basketball ability not Star power or hype.

yankeefan
10-31-2003, 08:50 PM
And throw could be out the door, this is what Michael Jordan was.

6time World Champion
Rookie of the Year
10 time first team NBA
Defensive player of the year
9 time all defensive first team
5 time NBA MVP
6 time Finals MVP

Lebron is not a better athlete then MJ, We will see if he has MJs hheart. I look forward to watching him develop over the years. Hes fun to watch.

Ajay
10-31-2003, 09:46 PM

6time World Champion
Rookie of the Year
10 time first team NBA
5 time NBA MVP
6 time Finals MVP

Lebron is not a better athlete then MJ, We will see if he has MJs hheart. I look forward to watching him develop over the years. Hes fun to watch.

I agree that MJ was all heart but you can't say LeBron isn't. The boy only has played two games professionaly. The thing that sucks for LeBron is he plays in a totally different time now. All his movements are gonna be watched and the slightest screwup is gonna be broadcast around the world. Think that started when he got signed to a $90 Million contract with Nike.

MJ played at a time when the NBA wasn't all that popular globally...he single handly changed that. We'll see if LeBron has enough heart to play a NBA Finals game with a stomach flu and make your team win a title like MJ did! He'll definetly be fun to watch.

yankeefan
11-01-2003, 12:26 AM
I didnt say he wasnt all heart, I said we will see if he is ;p

pinoyhero
11-01-2003, 12:45 AM
Allen Iverson 23.5ppg 7.5apg 4.1rpg 2.1spg
Tim Duncan 21.1ppg 11.9rpg 2.5bpg
Shaquille Oneal 23.4ppg 13.9rpg 3.5bpg
Michael Jordan 28.2ppg 6.5rpg 5.9apg 2.39spg

If those 4 arent enough ill come up with more. But those are examples of better 'rookies'. ANd we are talking about basketball ability not Star power or hype.

Fair enough those are some pretty damn good rookies. LJ to this point is putting up comparible numbers.

pinoyhero
11-01-2003, 12:46 AM

6time World Champion
Rookie of the Year
10 time first team NBA
5 time NBA MVP
6 time Finals MVP

He is fun to watch, MJ he's not. Your right no one will ever be able to match MJ.

max_boost
11-01-2003, 01:48 AM
Did you guys see Rashard Lewis tonight?
50pts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe he ate some good sushi before the game? god knows!

accordboi_02
11-01-2003, 02:12 AM

Fair enough those are some pretty damn good rookies. LJ to this point is putting up comparible numbers.

Back to my previous point: it's 2 games in... ~80 more to go... it's way too early to start making claims about whether LeBron is as good as anyone else...

Speaking of rookies, anyone seen how Carmello Anthony is doing???

pinoyhero
11-01-2003, 09:43 AM
Originally posted by max_boost
Did you guys see Rashard Lewis tonight?
50pts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe he ate some good sushi before the game? god knows!

LOL, no kidding, that guy rocked. He was pretty decent last season, maybe he's broken out of his shell. He's quite athletic, maybe its coming together for him. If so he's gonna be pretty decent.

yankeefan
11-01-2003, 01:26 PM
For those who havent seen some of Michael Jordans earlier highlight videos, Like 'Come fly with me' and 'playground' they are definately worth renting or buying to check out. If your into basketball those videos will definately get you going. Depending on your age you might not of have seen the younger more explosive Jordan.

pinoyhero
11-01-2003, 01:53 PM
For those who havent seen some of Michael Jordans earlier highlight videos, Like 'Come fly with me' and 'playground' they are definately worth renting or buying to check out. If your into basketball those videos will definately get you going. Depending on your age you might not of have seen the younger more explosive Jordan.

I've seen those vids, in his rpime he was just deadly. No one could keep up.

Ajay
11-01-2003, 01:56 PM
I've got most of those vid's at home. I have Above and Beyond, Playground, Air Time, Micheal Jordan to the Max, and Come Fly With Me.

There's a set coming out November 18 on DVD called Ultimate Jordan. As far as I know it's got all the ones I just mentioned and highlights of his ten best dunks, assists, shots...etc. I'm definetly gonna pick that one up.

max_boost
11-01-2003, 02:59 PM
I was watching some classic court surfting on the Score and it showed some games of MJ in his earlier days, holy shit was he ever amazing.

The game when he torched the Celtics for 63points in the first round playoffs was truly a classic.

MJ is the best ball player ever, it's a shame the NBA didn't retire his number like the NHL did for Wayne Gretzky. I'm sure Lemieux's jersey will also be retired when he is done. I hope Lebron can live up to the expectations of wearing #23 because I think it's disrespectful to the greatest player ever.

pinoyhero
11-01-2003, 11:03 PM
Did you just see the Rap's. 56 points. That is just poor.

max_boost
11-02-2003, 01:23 AM
The East is too low scoring.....period!

The West is more exciting :D

PGTze
11-02-2003, 01:50 AM
Yeah man, I think the Raptors shot something like 25%!:eek:

accordboi_02
11-02-2003, 09:42 AM
Yeah man, I think the Raptors shot something like 25%!:eek:

... AGAIN!!!

They have been shooting crappy all year so far; they were just lucky that NJ had a worse game, and Washington sucks, otherwise they'd be 0-3 right now instead of 2-1.

ade99
11-02-2003, 11:05 AM
I'm an MJ freak. I've got all his vids and all the Bulls championship season vids