PDA

View Full Version : Vern's Pizza

UndrgroundRider
01-19-2009, 07:36 PM
What the hell happened to that place? I haven't been there in a year or two. Ordered a large T-REX yesterday, and it's TINY. It use to be two or more inches thick.

heavyD
01-19-2009, 07:43 PM
I had one around Christmas and it was thick. It was shit though as always seeing it's stacked with cheap processed lunch meats. Honestly I don't know why people like that stuff as there is way better pizza in this city.

Kritafo
01-19-2009, 08:47 PM
I know..when I read the articles they have hung around about Calgary #1 pizza I think...wow, lunch meat pizza with funky tomato sauce...Yuck!

JRSC00LUDE
01-19-2009, 09:20 PM
For some reason I really love Vern's hawaiian pizza. You can't really fuck up ham but that's the only thing from there I'd ever eat. Cheap meat FTL.

Isaiah
01-19-2009, 09:23 PM
I've never liked the pizza there. Quality ingredients thin crust win.

nonlinear
01-19-2009, 11:16 PM
i've never had vern's, but if you're looking for a really good n' thick prairie-style pie, check out the dog and duck pub at 5340 2nd Street SW (a block east of macleod). I've only had it once, but it was damn good... nice toppings, great buttery crust, and a ton of cheese. i think it's about an inch and a half thick, and they are working with the dough so it comes in random rectangular shapes. served in a "personal" size that is too much for me, it's a pretty damn good deal at like $10 or so.

TomcoPDR
01-20-2009, 02:12 AM
The Millrise one is a hit and miss, within 2 weeks span.

Two 12-13" came out really good (meat lover/ground beef, and Hawaiian) were awesome

And then 2 weeks later, Two bigger 15" was that shitty thick bologne sandwich meat. :barf:

nonlinear
01-20-2009, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
And then 2 weeks later, Two bigger 15" was that shitty thick bologne sandwich meat. :barf:

ahahhahaha that sounds so fucking disgusting man

Davetronz
01-21-2009, 09:41 PM
I walked out of Vern's in the NE off memorial before Christmas. I'll never go back. The service was brutal, they were trying to sell us pizzas that had been sitting for a while during the lunch rush where the toppings had all stuck to the top of the boxes and looked like smashed assholes. They didn't want to make us fresh pizza claiming there were perfectly good pizzas already made.

Delta
01-26-2009, 10:51 PM
I have been to the one on 17th and it's pretty good. It's better that pizza 73 and alot of the other companies. The sauce is dope. Maybe it has gone downhill since ownership has changed?

Grogador
01-26-2009, 11:02 PM
Expired lunchmeat (they get it cheap), not cooked properly... only as a last resort!