PDA

View Full Version : Frickin BACNE!

TripleT
01-19-2009, 08:49 PM
I hate it! :barf:
I don't have too much but it kills my confidence by a landslide.

I've been accepted onto my school's swim team (with a few nice looking ladies I might add ;) ) but I've got fricken dots all over my back. :banghead:

Its not red or anything, just scars from when I started scratching (I didn't know better :dunno: )

Swim meets start in a couple weeks so I doubt any medication would fix this that fast.

What do you guys suggest I do? :facepalm:

:drama:
:cry:

GQBalla
01-19-2009, 08:53 PM
okay. I know ill probably get flammed for this since its beyond.

but!

i would recommend you go fake and bake. yes fake and bake in a tanning salon.

Vitamin D actually helps out the acne and the side effect is that you get a nice tan :D

I used to have a lot of backne when i went tanning it went away, its starting to come back now so i have to go tanning again.

Also try to get someone to put a mask (yes those things girls use on their face) on your back. It opens up the pores on your back and face!!

after that use face cleanser (something with salycic (sp) acid in it)

badatusrnames
01-19-2009, 08:54 PM
Tetracycline...

I had a buddy that had very severe acne back in the day and went on it... worked wonders for him.

badatusrnames
01-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla
okay. I know ill probably get flammed for this since its beyond.

but!

i would recommend you go fake and bake. yes fake and bake in a tanning salon.

Vitamin D actually helps out the acne and the side effect is that you get a nice tan :D

I used to have a lot of backne when i went tanning it went away, its starting to come back now so i have to go tanning again.

Also try to get someone to put a mask (yes those things girls use on their face) on your back. It opens up the pores on your back and face!!

after that use face cleanser (something with salycic (sp) acid in it)

Yes, exposure to UV does help with acne. You'll also darken your skin tone which helps mask it...

Oldskool
01-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Get an acne cleaner and wash you back with it, then maybe get smoe vitamin E lotion.

And most importantly of all, don't touch your back unless you've just washed your hands and you can wash up right after. When you pop zits on your back, or scratch your back, the oil on your hands will block pores on your back, and you'll get zits.

FilthyMcNasty
01-20-2009, 09:54 AM
Get some pantothenic acid and take 2g a day. twice a day.

TripleT
01-20-2009, 11:16 AM
I'm getting suggestions for all kinds of meds and acids here.
Which one will work fast enough? :dunno:

I like the tanning idea...but I'm going to have to go pretty dark to mask it...
How much is tanning anyways?

And whats this mask thing you speak of?
I've seen a few girls in movies have it...sounds nifty :D

ercchry
01-20-2009, 11:26 AM
for the current acne... since you said you are on the swim team i would assume you swim often? if so im surprised you have it at all, being in pool water should keep your skin relatively free of acne

and for the scars just tell the girls you got shot with a shot gun or something haha, make up a nice detailed story about the incident

Jlude
01-20-2009, 11:55 AM
like others... go fake and bake.

Makes the scars less noticable....

JAYMEZ
01-20-2009, 02:48 PM
Im going to ask you a weird question. When you use a towel do you scrap it back and forth on your skin or just put it around you and let the water soak?

I had bacne for a while , and my gf noticed I dried myself really weird , so i tried her way of just putting the towel over and not scrubbing it back and forth.. Bacne left.

Think about it this way. You have acne on your face , you scrub your face back and back and forth and you break all your dead skin off , then put it back into your pours so you break out more.

My red scars faded after getting some sun on it.

GQBalla
01-20-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ

I had bacne for a while , and my gf noticed I dried myself really weird , so i tried her way of just putting the towel over and not scrubbing it back and forth.. Bacne left.

hmmm im going to try that.

Wildcat
01-20-2009, 04:55 PM
Im going to ask you a weird question. When you use a towel do you scrap it back and forth on your skin or just put it around you and let the water soak?

Think about it this way. You have acne on your face , you scrub your face back and back and forth and you break all your dead skin off , then put it back into your pours so you break out more.

My red scars faded after getting some sun on it.

I dunno, i scrub my back like a motherfucker when i towel dry and its immaculate. Bacne is completely genetic imo, just like facial acne. Maybe it was just coincidence and you were off cycle? lol jk

TripleT
01-23-2009, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by ercchry
for the current acne... since you said you are on the swim team i would assume you swim often? if so im surprised you have it at all, being in pool water should keep your skin relatively free of acne

Hmmm, how would pool water keep my skin acne free?
The chemicals?

Mostly I just feel like my skin is really dry after I go swimming.
I try not to scratch anymore. Maybe thats why I have so many scars?

I just let it soak there, I've been told to do that to my face so I thought "eh, why not do that for my back?"

But yea, thanks guys.
Its not a problem anymore.
I've just basically said "F*ck it" and I'm just going to swim.

And I was looking at it after swimming today, and its actually not that bad :thumbsup:
Dunno what I was so afraid of :dunno:

Thanks for all the suggestions.
I'll probably get a tan soon!! :D

JfuckinC
01-23-2009, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat

Maybe it was just coincidence and you were off cycle? lol jk

lol

Jaymez i'm going to try that approach cause i scrub my back, only cause i like to get dry fast though hahaha i only have a little bit everyonce in a while. Like said when its summer i am in the sun everyday sans top, so it pretty much just goes away..

i used to get embaressed about it, but whatever man, if your a good lookin guy it should over shadow a small imperfection like that :D

JAYMEZ
01-23-2009, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat

I dunno, i scrub my back like a motherfucker when i towel dry and its immaculate. Bacne is completely genetic imo, just like facial acne. Maybe it was just coincidence and you were off cycle? lol jk

Probably different type of skin , I just noticed it noticeably helped ALOT. Hahha i had it on and off cycle lol.

Cooked Rice
01-23-2009, 03:55 PM
try something with benzyl peroxide. and yeah, tan up.

alloroc
01-23-2009, 04:28 PM
If it really bothers you see a doctor.

They really do have good stuff that can clear it up.

OTOH.

I had some buddies who were acne ridden and butt ugly growin up and neither of them ever had problems with the ladies.

Hold your head high - be cocky and they will be swarmin' you.

JAYMEZ
01-23-2009, 04:31 PM
Just relized OP is 16... You just going through a stage dude , itll be gone ASAP! Your swimming will help alot though.

94CoRd
01-23-2009, 07:51 PM
acutane FTW!

just wheel around with lip chap and you'll be good to go

dezmarez
01-23-2009, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by 94CoRd
acutane FTW!

just wheel around with lip chap and you'll be good to go

no way man
acutane is brutal
not only will you need lip chap
you will need to bring lotion everywhere!!
you can't drink!
your liver gets destroyed,
your face turns red as hell,
brutalllllllllllllllll

V6-BoI
01-23-2009, 09:27 PM
Just relized OP is 16... You just going through a stage dude , itll be gone ASAP!

LoL I hate to rain on the OP's parade, but for me bacne has stayed with me for a while. I don't get much acne on my face anymore, it all seems to appear on my back. Seems like it kinda migrated lower as I got older. I just hope it doesn't go any lower than my back, haha :banghead: :banghead:

JNeil
01-23-2009, 11:47 PM
As a past user of accutane I agree, for backne don't even consider it.. It's terrible but works wonders for people with extreme acne.

I don't know for sure but you could try cod liver oil, it contains vitamin D, is cheap and is good for pretty much everything healthwise. It's supposed to be good for your skin and hair but I'm no doctor, maybe someone with more knowledge on it can confirm this?