PDA

View Full Version : Glutamine suggestions

pattyt
01-20-2009, 08:53 AM
I searched, but no specific thread came up.

Going to start taking glutamine, but i want to know what kind you guys take. Any information is greatly appreciated. Tastes, results, and other effects you find. I know its not a very detailed request, but im pretty much open to all ideas for now and then ill start narrowing down through specific research. Thanks for the help!

GQBalla
01-20-2009, 08:57 AM
1 heaping teaspoon of glutamine for a single protein shake is what i do.

taste wise: i cant tell the difference from having glutamine in the shake and not having it.

Results: definitely faster recovery time than when i don't have it.

Ive also noticed i dont get sick as much, i usually don';t get sick often anyways as glutamine does benefit your immune system.

ragu
01-20-2009, 09:15 AM
I got this Glutamine 3000 from superstore, 120 capsule for I think it was $20....works perfect for me. You're supposed to take 4 a day but I usually take 2-3 on work out days and maybe 1 on free days.
VERY obvious advantage. Even the most harsh work out leaves me barely sore. Its so good that its almost frustrating.

Stubby
01-20-2009, 09:15 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
1 heaping teaspoon of glutamine for a single protein shake is what i do.

taste wise: i cant tell the difference from having glutamine in the shake and not having it.

Results: definitely faster recovery time than when i don't have it.

Ive also noticed I don't get sick as much, i usually don';t get sick often anyways as glutamine does benefit your immune system.

Exactly what I do. There are lots of good brands out there (ultimate nutrition/bio-x) are what I use.

As for taste, it doesn't really taste like anything and it is suggested that you just mix with a drink of choice.

GNC has a good sale on right now, buy one get the 2nd half price.

All in all, it is a plus and it works like a charm.

Chris

timdog
01-20-2009, 03:34 PM
dont get pills, you will have to take 10 of them to match what you can get in powder. biox is the most tasteless, i find. you can even mix it in with a glass of water and will not notice a taste difference.

ragu
01-20-2009, 08:14 PM
^^I got pills, recommended is 4, I take 2-3 and still manage effective results :thumbsup:

zipdoa
01-21-2009, 03:46 PM
I got a big tub of powdered glutamine @ popeyes. I throw in a couple teaspoons with a glass of water right after my workout, chug it, then slam back as much protein as possible. It's the difference between having sore muscles for 4 days straight and being perfectly fine the very next day.

Dumbass17
03-05-2009, 11:21 PM
so glutamine is just to speed up recovery?

what about creatine

j.garner
03-13-2009, 07:54 AM
I suggest scivation xtend it also bcaa

bigbadboss101
03-13-2009, 11:44 AM
Xtend tastes yummy.

JordanEG6
03-13-2009, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by ragu
^^I got pills, recommended is 4, I take 2-3 and still manage effective results :thumbsup:

I can vouche for that. I have them in pill form as well. I'm okay within 1 day of a hard work out. Very effective for me.

Wildcat
03-13-2009, 12:26 PM
Get whatever has the best value. If its all pharm grade then its all virtually identical. 10g with my protein shakes, 3x day.

A790
03-14-2009, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by Dumbass17
what about creatine
Creatine helps your body resynthesize ADP (spent energy) into ATP (usable energy). It basically gives you some extra energy to hammer out another rep or two.

It also causes you to retain water, speeding up protein synthesis.

WWJAI
03-14-2009, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by j.garner
I suggest scivation xtend it also bcaa

I love this shiet. I'm addicted to it. I don't think i'll ever take anything else. :drool: