PDA

View Full Version : gymnastics

bawlls
01-20-2009, 02:10 PM
So one of my roomates goes to this adult gymnastics class and said it was pretty good, and the first time was free. So I thought to myself, ehh what the hell, got nothing to loose...

I get to the class, check in and sign all sorts of papers, and this somewhat slender guy walks in, who introduces himself as the teacher. I wasn't aware going into it that there would be a teacher... but hey what the hell right?

We begin with a warmup. Now im not sure if all gymnastics class warm up like this but jesus... it was intense to say the least. I work out 5-6 days a week and I was sweating pretty good after the warmup. We went on to various skill stuff (mainly backflips into a big pit of foam, which was pretty fun), followed by the strengh training aspect. Needless to say, by the end of the 2 hour session I was beat.

As someone who was comming in to it with the stereotypical view of gymnastics, I was extremely happy with the workout I got from it. Because its in groups, it really pushes you to do the best you can. All in all, for 10$, I will definatly be doing it again on friday, and sub it in to my weekly routine. If you have to opportunity to give it a try, I'd say do it.