PDA

View Full Version : Everyone please take a look!!!

civicgsr
01-20-2009, 11:53 PM
i need some help finding a key for this 8 point lugnut

its an old style and no one carries them anymore so take a look in the bottom of your tool boxes

if anyone has one or know of someone who does, or where to get one please send me a msg

thanks

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c139/mikiebabie/IMG_0598.jpg

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c139/mikiebabie/IMG_0629.jpg

EK 2.0
01-21-2009, 12:01 AM
you know what has worked for me in the past if the lugs are not too rounded off??...

Hit up princess auto for some cheap 1/2 inch socket extensions....hammer those into the lug and hit it with a few quick hard pulls with a breaker bar and the lugs should come loose if they were tq-ed to spec...

Deetz
do those lug nuts stick out far enough for you to fit a pair of vise grips on the end. All you need is a twist, then they should just spin off.

RickDaTuner
I could get those out for you, but I hope you don't plan to reuse them after

frozenrice
01-21-2009, 12:05 AM
I have one that might work. It's 8 point, I'm just not sure if it's the same size. Have you tried Kaltire? That's where mine came from originally. We can meet up and you can try it out.

89s1
01-21-2009, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
you know what has worked for me in the past if the lugs are not too rounded off??...

Hit up princess auto for some cheap 1/2 inch socket extensions....hammer those into the lug and hit it with a few quick hard pulls with a breaker bar and the lugs should come loose if they were tq-ed to spec...

Judging by the pics, this method has been employed already to these lugs. You can see the 4 corner points all directly across from eachother.

I say just use that method again. :dunno:

frozenrice
01-21-2009, 12:30 AM
If you're really stuck, you can also find someone to weld a bolt to the lug. That's what I had to do when one of the lugs split open on me while trying to loosen it.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/frozenrice/DSCF0627.jpg

5000Audi
01-21-2009, 12:39 AM
kaltire sells that style off lug nut, go ask them..

civicgsr
01-21-2009, 06:25 AM
hey thanks guys
i did try the 3/8" square of a 1/2" to 3/8" impact reducer and it fits perfect

and it works fine on the front lugs as they were torqued properly

as for the back they are a little seized on

i tried kaltire and they were nice enough to give me a key before i had a lugnut off to go and try

the stuff they sell is a 9 point and this is an 8 point

also tried a torx T55 and T60 which are 6 point

the car is a little stranded in front of my friends house with 2 flat tires now
i'd like to find the proper key and take my big impact gun with a compressor down to give it one last try
before resorting to welding or cutting anything

i know someone has to have one of these keys hiding somewhere, 6 or 7 years ago when i was in the mechanic trade almost all the tuner cars we worked on had those lugnuts, but that was also in ontario so who knows

again thanks for looking at the pics guys hopefully with word of mouth something will come up