PDA

View Full Version : Where are you making reservations for Valentine's day?

DJ_NAV
01-21-2009, 10:36 AM
As the thread title states : "where are you making reservations for valentine's day?"

I think I am going to make reservations sometime this weekend for valentine's day. I think this year it will be much busier than others because it is on a Saturday and on the long weekend. The girls are going to whine that the guys have no excuse to keep it low key this year due to work etc. So therefore I would highly recommend you make reservations soon. I wouldn't be too surprised if some places are close to fully booked.

I'm thinking Mercato myself.

Barking_Spidre
01-21-2009, 10:38 AM
No where.

Valentine's day is just an excuse to jack up prices and give you shitty service, IMO.

Probably do something home-made. :thumbsup:

Mibz
01-21-2009, 10:38 AM
We'll probably make tacos and play Rock Band.

szw
01-21-2009, 10:39 AM
not in calgary but: http://notabenerestaurant.com/welcome/

Booked online on opentable and they only had a spot at 9:30.

Tik-Tok
01-21-2009, 11:02 AM
Originally posted by DJ_NAV

The girls are going to whine that the guys have no excuse to keep it low key this year due to work etc.

I do, I'm working 7am-7pm that day.

Besides, why is valentines about the guys doing stuff for the girls? It's a day about love in a relationship, it's not "wife-day" or "g/f-day"

n1zm0
01-21-2009, 11:03 AM
getting out of the city, 16th is a holiday iirc so long weekend awesomeness, booked douglas fir in banff in december and there was only 2 rooms left, they have their own kitchenettes and such, way better than eating out especially in $ guzzling banff

DJ_NAV
01-21-2009, 12:11 PM
^That is a smart idea... why spend $200 on a meal when you can get a nice room for $100-150 and cook your own meal and enjoy the views.

Jlude
01-21-2009, 12:36 PM
Oh god... I didn't even realize this was coming up.. fuck. I hate valentines day.

gf's bday is in feb too... expensive month.

blitz
01-21-2009, 12:41 PM
River Cafe.

Only place I've been to on Valentines that I haven't been disappointed with.

you&me
01-21-2009, 01:31 PM
My GF and I decided a while ago that dining out on Vday is a sure way to get a) shitty food and b) shitty service. On top of that, prices are almost always higher than normal. We cook together now. If we really need a night out, we go before or after (just not on) Valentines Day.

Has anyone actually had a good experience dining out on Vday?

reiRei
01-21-2009, 01:37 PM
We're staying in and cooking.. and not even on Valentine's day.. so I'm not sure what we're doing on the actual date... (Maybe play with RC cars in the underground parking.. LOL), but nothing special.. maybe even just sharing a pizza and cheese toast at BPs...

TheCheff
01-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

I do, I'm working 7am-7pm that day.

Besides, why is valentines about the guys doing stuff for the girls? It's a day about love in a relationship, it's not "wife-day" or "g/f-day"
bahhaha your logic just blew my mind. BOYCOTT VALENTINES DAY FTW!!!

revelations
01-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Valentines day = Feb the 15th for us :)

(why have it the same as everyone else, its not a stat)

Dave P
01-21-2009, 01:54 PM
US Hot Rod Monster Jam
The US Hot Rod Monster Jam rolls into Calgary and will once again blow the roof off the 'dome. We sell you the whole seat, but you'll only need the edge!

hahahaha ohhhhhhhhhh eff yes!!!!!! i cant wait to see the look on her face hahaha

QuasarCav
01-21-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by Mibz

Best idea in the thread.

It's only expensive if you want it to be or if your girlfriend NEEDS it to be.

89coupe
01-21-2009, 02:21 PM
Chef's Table

nonlinear
01-21-2009, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Mibz

dood MAKE FISH TACOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i can give you the dopest recipe EVAR

your wife/gf will cream when she tastes the white sauce (no pun intended - get ya mind out tha gutta.)

Mibz
01-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear

your wife/gf will cream when she tastes the white sauce (no pun intended - get ya mind out tha gutta.) Haha, she doesn't eat fish but PM me the recipe anyway, I'm intrigued.

nonlinear
01-21-2009, 03:47 PM
^^^WHAT:whipped:

DUMP THAT BITCH

j/k, PM sent ;)

lelalong
01-28-2009, 03:38 PM
I made reservations at Escoba Bistro on 8th Ave. I decided to take my man out for Valentines. Its a made up holiday but what evs.

Does anyone have any experience that they would like to share about Escoba Bistro? Or should I run far away and look some wheres else?

eb0i
01-28-2009, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear

your wife/gf will cream when she tastes the white sauce (no pun intended - get ya mind out tha gutta.)

Okay now you gotta share! PM me please!

mekeni
01-29-2009, 04:12 PM
nowhere, it's better to go out on a regular day...