PDA

View Full Version : Flowers for Vday this year?

TDA
01-21-2009, 01:40 PM
Now usually Vday falls on a weekday in recent times. This year it's on a weekend.

Now I have been told half (or more) the pleasure of receiving flowers is receiving it at work and basically showing off to the other women at work.

This year, well, not many people work in the office on a Saturday.

Opinions? Delivery to office on the 13th or save it for the 14th? Or do the beyond baller both?

Amysicle
01-21-2009, 01:48 PM
Haha If you're thinking of sending it to your wife/girlfriend, she'll probably really appreciate it if you send it the day before on the 13th so she can show it off at work.

It should let you off the hook for the 14th, but you could do both if you wanted.

Tarrantula
01-21-2009, 02:39 PM
Whats a good place that will actually deliver flowers for a fair price? Im thinking of sending some to a friends girlfriend. Cause im a dick.

CaptainReboot
01-21-2009, 03:53 PM
I usually send my wife flowers on a Monday, so they're in the office the entire week. They do like to show them off, so you have to send it on a working day so others in the office can see it.

Friday at the latest for a delivery date. But this year, it's a long weekend, so depending on where she works, people might be flexing on Friday for a 4-day weekend, so you'd have to do it on the Thursday.

You can always just show up with flowers on the 14th as well.

Jeremiah
01-21-2009, 04:08 PM
I always use safeway to deliver flowers, great prices and they normally do really nice arrangements

Eleanor
01-21-2009, 04:09 PM
I'm lucky, my girlfriend will kill me if I bought her flowers for Valentine's day :rofl:

1997GSR
01-21-2009, 04:25 PM
Way to go ellen

FreakinPrince
01-21-2009, 04:35 PM
my gf would kill me about valentine day before as she normally have bad expereince...but last year i sent her a nice vase and bunch of roses and she didn't expect it of course not....she went all giggly about it

at least i broke the curse for her

now thansk to me i gotta outsmart last year for this year

gretz
01-21-2009, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor
I'm lucky, my girlfriend will kill me if I bought her flowers for Valentine's day :rofl:

+1 for that

JRSC00LUDE
01-21-2009, 05:26 PM
Valentines Day is for de-flowering imo.

vipstyle2
01-21-2009, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by JRSC00LUDE
Valentines Day is for de-flowering imo.

:rofl: Well put !

adidas
01-21-2009, 06:42 PM
Dont get flowers(roses) from that Panda place or wahtever its called! You will find em all around calgary. Got flowers from them and they barley lasted! They cost me well over 100 bux!

A few months ago, got some flowers(roses) from safeway and they lasted 3 weeks. And they were only like 20 some bux if that!

If i was you...id send the flowers on friday if you arent planning on doing anything special for valentines day! If you are then id suggest leaving them for the day of. Cause women will go into work on Monday(or day after longweekend) and will talk to the other ladies on how it was amazing blah blah blah. If you got money for both days, then do it up!

rizfarmer
01-21-2009, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by Jeremiah
I always use safeway to deliver flowers, great prices and they normally do really nice arrangements

all safeways?

Supa Dexta
01-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Anyone have kritafo's address? I want to send her some.

Kritafo
01-21-2009, 09:11 PM
golly gee....Supa Dexta I wonder how the card would read....

But seriously they have nice long stem roses at costco, you can order them online in bundles of 24 or 35 for some reason.

If you want to just go to Costco on Valentines first thing in the AM they have them as well. They usually have the long stems boxed.

Supa Dexta
01-21-2009, 09:46 PM
Theres no need for words.. It would simply be a naked picture of me...:love:

...And yes, it would be a pop up card.

eblend
01-21-2009, 09:49 PM
Prolly not what your looking for (could be), but i used
http://www.simonsaysroses.com/

and sent flowers to both my mom and my wife when I was away on special occasions for work. I sent flowers to my mom when I was in Hong Kong,, and to my wife when I was in Japan as well as from Edmonton. All 3 times the flowers arrived on time, delivered how I wanted them (they follow all special instructions) right here in Calgary. Worked pretty well and reliable, so I use them from now on.

And you place the order online (can call too, but i didn't want to call from far away places)

Kritafo
01-21-2009, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Theres no need for words.. It would simply be a naked picture of me...:love:

...And yes, it would be a pop up card.

At least that is funny.

Jeremiah
01-22-2009, 09:33 AM
Originally posted by rizfarmer

all safeways?

Call the closest safeway to where you are getting flowers sent and see. No harm in trying

eblend
01-23-2009, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Jeremiah

Call the closest safeway to where you are getting flowers sent and see. No harm in trying

Orgered like 250 bucks worth of flowers from there once for a special event with the company....and they never had them ready...they "forgot", so be careful with safeway. Had to spend 2 hours waiting for them to make all the arrangements from stock flowers (instead of the fresh ones they were supposed to ship in), needless to say I got some giftcards from the messup :D

EK 2.0
01-23-2009, 08:15 PM
click me click me.... (http://forums.beyond.ca/st/249938/roses-for-valentines-day/)

clem24
01-24-2009, 01:27 AM
This place is on Stephen Ave and their arrangements are incredible. The stuff I got my wife lasted nearly 2 weeks (orchids). Go check them out!

If you really want to stand out, forget buying flowers... Make them origami style. It's easier than you think. Just visit the library, pick up an origami book. Go to Michael's or a craft store, get a small vase, marbles, metal stems, flower tape (it's just green tape), fake leaves, and origami paper. Very easy to do! And doesn't cost $100.

Beyond Roses
01-26-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by clem24
The stuff I got my wife lasted nearly 2 weeks (orchids).

It is not uncommon for fresh cut flowers to last up to 2 weeks, and in some cases longer. In most cases, it is actually the customer's miseducation on the correct care of the flowers they purchased or received that shortens the life of the flowers.

Some fresh cut flowers prefer cold water, whereas some thrive in warm water. Although it's a bit of a hassle, the water should be changed every day and the stems should be recut every other day or at minimum twice/week.

Placement of the flowers can also be a very important factor in how long they last. Keep them away from windows and direct sunlight, and also away from heat sources. We will be posting a short quick-care guide after Valentine's in the hope that everyone's flowers last as long as possible.