PDA

View Full Version : caught spitting leads to homicide suspect

signature7
01-22-2009, 09:33 PM
Calgary spit violation leads to suspect in Edmonton homicide

Updated: Thu Jan. 22 2009 14:24:47

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090122/edm_stabbing_090122/20090122/?hub=CalgaryHome

ctvedmonton.ca

Calgary police detained a man for spitting Wednesday and discovered the suspect was wanted on a province-wide warrant for an Edmonton homicide.

Police saw the man spitting on the ground in a Calgary neighbourhood and upon identifying the suspect they learned that there was warrant for his arrest in relation to a Nov. 2008 Edmonton homicide.

Joseph Sunchild Lagrelle, 23, has been charged with second degree murder in relation to the death of Quentin L'hirondelle.

Edmonton Police were contacted and they traveled to Calgary to interview the man who remains in custody.

Back in November 2008, police responded to a call from an apartment suite at 106 Avenue and 107 Street on a report that there was an altercation at a house party that led to a man being stabbed.

One person, 22-year-old Quentin L'hirondelle, died from blood loss due to a stab wound to the chest.

Police charged two other men, Justin Malcolm Sutherland and Jimmy Billy Crow Shoe in the case and both are scheduled on court on February 2nd.

Lagrelle will appear in court on January 26th.

I never thought cops would really care about spitting in public. It's still a common sight to see someone spit.

rumeo
01-22-2009, 09:52 PM
that cop scored more then just hitting quota

GQBalla
01-22-2009, 09:53 PM
damn man - i spit a lot when i smoke,

what about if your going for a runÉ

AE92_TreunoSC
01-22-2009, 09:55 PM
Cop was probably just suspicious and "fished" using the spitting law.

em2ab
01-22-2009, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by AE92_TreunoSC
Cop was probably just suspicious and "fished" using the spitting law.
Ding. I know cops who just fuck with some of the dogshit in today's society. They'll pull someone over for doing 1 over the speed limit. Sounds to me like he knew the guy was a dick and just waited for him to break any bylaw at all. Shouldn't take long, we probably all break bylaws every few minutes. Once he saw the spit, boom, started messing with the guy.

AE92_TreunoSC
01-22-2009, 10:49 PM
It's what we pay them to do.

Harass suspicious people, and suspicious cars.

Regardless of what little rights we have nowadays I'm happy this guy was caught.