PDA

View Full Version : So, I get home to see this.....

spikerS
01-23-2009, 06:47 PM
I come home, no note on the windshield, nothing in my mailbox or on the door, no nothing. Just a big old hole in my rear bumper.

Tire tracks in the snow indicate a smaller vehicle that hit it, not sure what type exactly.

Sigh, twice in under a year? :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/Snorakk/jeephit003.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/Snorakk/jeephit005.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a334/Snorakk/jeephit008.jpg

civic_stylez
01-23-2009, 06:48 PM
I hate people like that... sorry to hear/see.:guns:

urbannomad
01-23-2009, 06:55 PM
Ask your neighbours if they saw anyone, or heard anything?

Never hurts to ask. Inspect their vehicles too, but not in front of them.

bawlls
01-23-2009, 06:57 PM
looks like a solid bumper you got there...
s.o.l, and that really sucks. Have you had an estimate?

spikerS
01-23-2009, 07:00 PM
Originally posted by bawlls
looks like a solid bumper you got there...
s.o.l, and that really sucks. Have you had an estimate?

lol, i know that is just a bumper cover.

my mother had an accident with her escape with similar type damage and was $1800 after all was said and done, so i would assume a little less.

this only happened since 6:30 am when i left for work and got home just after 5, so no time to get an actual estimate yet.

spikerS
01-23-2009, 07:23 PM
ok, so this was not a hit and run, the neighbour had the guys info, and he just called me.

at least he is being a man about it.

top_speed
01-23-2009, 07:30 PM
^good to hear

DannyO
01-23-2009, 07:54 PM
Shitty to hear man, but glad that the guy left his info so hopefully no money out of your pocket.

Unreal though, feels like your rear window was only busted last week and now this.

spikerS
01-23-2009, 08:11 PM
^^^ i know, totally pissed me off, like i said, the guy that hit it called, and owned up to it, so off to get a police report and a few quotes.

Spoons
01-23-2009, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by spikers
^^^ i know, totally pissed me off, like i said, the guy that hit it called, and owned up to it, so off to get a police report and a few quotes.

Well that's good, can't really be mad at the guy when he did the right thing.

You can however be pissed at the situation... sucks balls. Sorry to hear.

adidas
01-23-2009, 09:16 PM
Sucks to hear but be happy that ur car is still drivable, and that you got the guy who did it!

Nothin worse when you get shafted by someone, have to make ur own payments in order to fix the car and cant drive the vehicle until it gets fixed. So rmr someone always has it worse!

jwslam
01-23-2009, 09:31 PM
grats to the guy who manned up
but leaving info with the neighbor is a weird way to do it
windshield/mailbox seems more logical as that's where ppl would first look before calling you an asshole

nonlinear
01-24-2009, 07:58 AM
oh wow, at first i was totally pissed off that some asshole would wreck your car and just leave, but after reading a bit more and seeing that the guy left his info and called you..

whatever :dunno:

shit happens :D

Redlyne_mr2
01-24-2009, 10:36 AM
Do you park at the exit of a corner? I always see people parked at corner exits and wonder how long it will take before they get hit. It's nothing you did wrong but It's bound to happen eventually on slippery roads.

Mibz
01-24-2009, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Do you park at the exit of a corner? I always see people parked at corner exits and wonder how long it will take before they get hit. It's nothing you did wrong but It's bound to happen eventually on slippery roads. The corner at the end of my road is banked in the wrong direction and gets really icy every winter. Despite there being an accident almost every year, people still line the sidewalk with cars. This year the shitty snow removal has probably prevented accidents thanks to the humongous snow curb.

frozenrice
01-24-2009, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by jwslam
grats to the guy who manned up
but leaving info with the neighbor is a weird way to do it
windshield/mailbox seems more logical as that's where ppl would first look before calling you an asshole

Seems like the guy may have gone above and beyond to find the owner of the vehicle by going door to door. Probably figured it was safe when he was able to leave his information with the neighbour.

It's good to see some people still have some honesty and honour in them. Hope everything works out for the OP.

Jlude
01-24-2009, 11:01 AM
Fuck, sell that Jeep... it's bad luck dude.

Really though, I know it's quite easy for people to walk away... I still can't understand. karma... better catch up with those fuckers.

rizfarmer
01-24-2009, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by Jlude
Fuck, sell that Jeep... it's bad luck dude.

Really though, I know it's quite easy for people to walk away... I still can't understand. karma... better catch up with those fuckers.

Karma? the guy left his info, he didn't do anything wrong. It was just an accident.

Besides, this is what you have insurance for.

badatusrnames
01-24-2009, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by Jlude

Originally posted by rizfarmer

Karma? the guy left his info, he didn't do anything wrong. It was just an accident.

Jlude was referring to people that do end up just walking away.

spikerS
01-24-2009, 12:40 PM
no, they guy that hit me is decent enough. I am getting quotes and once i have those, he will make the decision to go through insurance or not.

I filed my police report last night and got the damage sticker so I can get it repaired ASAP.

He was driving a Yaris when he hit me, but said he was travelling down the street and hit me. Funny thing is, if you look in the pictures, you can see his tire tracks going straight at it. I think he tried to pull a U-turn and thought he could get past my bumper but hit it instead.

oh well, who cares how he hit me, i am just happy he is manning up and getting it fixed.

Jlude
01-24-2009, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

Jlude was referring to people that do end up just walking away.

Ya, I was just referring to people who do shit like this and are able to walk away.

CUG
01-24-2009, 03:13 PM
You should move that junker off of your driveway and park your daily there :dunno:

spikerS
01-24-2009, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by CUG
You should move that junker off of your driveway and park your daily there :dunno:

i would if that was my driveway. that driveway belongs to the neighbour. I am just waiting for bylaw to come and take his 3 junkers away. lol

googe
01-25-2009, 03:46 AM
youre lucky it wasnt someone from beyond, they probably wouldn't have manned up ;)

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/67069/hit-and-run-would-you-stop/

lots of winners we have around here!

Generic
01-25-2009, 01:55 PM
i'm glad the guy owned up for you buddy