PDA

View Full Version : RECOVERED: grey honda civic 2006 and house broken into

mago0
01-23-2009, 06:54 PM
Car is recovered :clap:

There must have been a valet key in the car, I was told I have two, but I can only find one in my house. So maybe I left one in there in the glove compartment. :facepalm: :banghead:

I would like to thank everyone on beyond for keeping their eyes open. Just a reminder for everyone to keep their registration with them (maybe in your wallet/purse) and carry your garage door opener as well.

I parked my civic at McMahon stadium at 12:30pm today and when I came back at 3:15pm, it was missing. My girlfriend called me around 2:00pm while I was still at SAIT that someone broke into my house and attempted to steal my TV. Luckily my girlfriend was home, and the thief ran away with nothing.

Damage at home
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/roomglowsred/DSCF0712.jpg

Grey 2006 2 door Honda Civic. There is a crack across the front windshield that spans about two and a half feet. There is a University of Alberta sticker on the rear windshield. I am positive the passenger side door window is busted because I believe that is how the thief broke into my car. There is an orange/brown paint spot on the drivers seat (I sat on my wet paint brush), a blue paint spill in the trunk, and little blue paint marks on the rear bumper (see picture).

Blue paint marks
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/roomglowsred/Randoms014.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/roomglowsred/Randoms013.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y90/roomglowsred/Randoms015.jpg

The police think that the person that stole my car is the person that broke into my house just because of the timing window. If anyone has seen my vehicle or knows any information, please contact me through PM or the Calgary police @ 266-1234 and my case number is 09026976.

TACO.VIDAL
01-23-2009, 07:10 PM
Did you lose your keys or something?

Isnt a 2006 Civic hard to steal? Its not a year thats on the most stolen list.

If you lost a set of keys, the thief could have been hitting the buttons on the key fob until he found the car that chirped. Then checked your registration if it was in your car to see where you live and drove to your house knowing that you were away from the house.

Edit: was your house forced entry or what? im assuming the car hasnt been recovered so you cant see if the ignition was busted or not

94boosted
01-23-2009, 07:11 PM
Will keep an eye out for you. Good Luck

TDFTW
01-23-2009, 07:14 PM
Holy shit man glad your gf is ok sorry about the bad luck I do driving for work will keep my eyes peeled

alloroc
01-23-2009, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by TACO.VIDAL
Did you lose your keys or something?

Isnt a 2006 Civic hard to steal? Its not a year thats on the most stolen list.

If you lost a set of keys, the thief could have been hitting the buttons on the key fob until he found the car that chirped. Then checked your registration if it was in your car to see where you live and drove to your house knowing that you were away from the house.

Edit: was your house forced entry or what? im assuming the car hasnt been recovered so you cant see if the ignition was busted or not

Thiefes were in it for money.

They purposefully picked a newer car hoping the owner had money ... and being that the owner was away from home got the address off the pink slip and were hoping co clean up.

Totally sucks.

Will keep an eye out though I am at home tonight.

mago0
01-23-2009, 07:24 PM
Thanks guys. No I did not lose my keys. The stall I parked my car in had broken glass on the passenger side, on the ground. Somehow the thief got in, probably through the garage.

SCHIDER23
01-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Man that sucks, will keep an eye out for your ride for sure.

wardpr68
01-24-2009, 02:07 AM
I want this to turn into another CLAW thread or something. I will be on the lookout.

JordanAndrew
01-24-2009, 02:25 AM
I will be on the look out and if it does turn into a claw thread I'll be out again there for sure when there's a beyond beatdown. :guns:

whiskas
01-24-2009, 02:29 AM
I'll be on the lookout too.

+1 another reason not to keep your registration or insurance in your car. Seriously, there's plenty of room in anyone's wallet for it.

Kona9
01-24-2009, 03:31 AM
eyes open in SW Beltline Killarney Connaught areas.

kolumbo69
01-24-2009, 04:47 AM
IF i was you I would turn off the power to the garage at night or anytime for that matter until you get someone to change the signal on your garage door!

GQBalla
01-24-2009, 04:32 PM
wow, thats pretty scary that your gf was home at the time.

but how did he steal the car, i thought the keys have a immobilizer chip

7thgenvic
01-24-2009, 04:41 PM
terrible. I hope they find your car ASAP. I thought those cars were next to impossible to steal.

luxor
01-24-2009, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla

but how did he steal the car, i thought the keys have a immobilizer chip

Yeah something isn't adding up here, its rare for these newer civics to get "stolen."

Either there's a key out there you don't know about, someone duplicated your key or your car simply got towed. Hot wiring is of the past for your kind of car.

I'll look out for it as well but you should probably see if it was towed away legally by someone.

78si
01-24-2009, 10:09 PM
I dont think this is a random theft. Either someone jacked your keys or got keys made using your ID.:dunno:

speeed
01-24-2009, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by luxor

Yeah something isn't adding up here, its rare for these newer civics to get "stolen."

Either there's a key out there you don't know about, someone duplicated your key or your car simply got towed. Hot wiring is of the past for your kind of car.

I'll look out for it as well but you should probably see if it was towed away legally by someone.

i dont think it would have been legally towed if he found glass where he parked on the passenger side window. also his house got broken into that same afternoon.. just doesnt make sence.

CUG
01-24-2009, 10:29 PM
Did you have insurance?

Be prepared to answer questions like "Did you get a friend to do this so you could pay off your loan obligation?"

topmade
01-24-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by alloroc

Thiefes were in it for money.

They purposefully picked a newer car hoping the owner had money ... and being that the owner was away from home got the address off the pink slip and were hoping co clean up.

Totally sucks.

Will keep an eye out though I am at home tonight.

That's funny, 06 Civic = :bigpimp:, and it isn't even a SI :rofl:. But something is definatly missing here. Someone can't just randomly break in a car with an Immobilizer and maybe a factory alarm system. Only thing I can think of to give the OP credit is that there was a second set of keys in the car. This would explain the broken window, then they started the car and headed to the address on the registration hoping someone else wasn't home so they can cash in.

realazy
01-24-2009, 10:38 PM
Do you have the valet key? Some owners never know there is a valet key in the owner's manual.

Sometimes the dealership just leaves it there, the good ones shoud've handed you the valet key though.

Since your car is two years old, I hope you actually took out the valet key though.

If they actually find your car and the ignition isn't busted, you're going to have a hard time getting a claim.

johnboy27
01-25-2009, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by realazy
Do you have the valet key? Some owners never know there is a valet key in the owner's manual.

Sometimes the dealership just leaves it there, the good ones shoud've handed you the valet key though.

Since your car is two years old, I hope you actually took out the valet key though.

If they actually find your car and the ignition isn't busted, you're going to have a hard time getting a claim.
I am pretty sure you cannot actually drive the car for more than 10 minutes or something along that line with the valet key. I haven't tried it in my civic , maybe it is something I will try when I get home.

badatusrnames
01-25-2009, 12:33 PM
Although it didn't sound like that is the case here, they will break into your car, grab your garage door opener, get your address from your registration/insurance and break into your garage and if it is attached, your house.

GQBalla
01-25-2009, 02:00 PM
damn i should find a place where i can hide my insurance and registration.

but definitely OP theres something that doesn't make sense how they stole your car

chkolny541
01-25-2009, 02:25 PM
good luck:guns:

mekeni
01-25-2009, 03:09 PM
we'll be on the lookout..

good luck on everything !

mago0
01-25-2009, 06:39 PM
Hey guys,
police found my car abandoned in the NW. It is currently in the impound lot and I'm going to call insurance tomorrow and get this sorted out. Thanks for the help guys.

speeed
01-27-2009, 12:59 PM
any damage?