PDA

View Full Version : Brands found at Urban

stockedfridge
01-24-2009, 07:13 PM
So I'm planning on going to TD this week, and I've heard about the store known as Urban. I was just wondering what brands can be found there and the price range? as well as where it's located. Help is greatly appreciated =]
Thanks.

GQBalla
01-24-2009, 07:48 PM
diesel
true religion
rock n republics
sevens
hugo boss
g star

prices depends what you buy jeans 250+
shirts maybe 50 +
hoodies 200+

badatusrnames
01-24-2009, 08:02 PM
Not to be a jerk... but since you're planning on heading there regardless, does it really matter? I can understand if you're debating whether or not it's worth a trip into d/t if it's not your closest mall.

You'll find out first hand soon enough. It's just a clothing store. What precisely do you need help with? You go in, look at clothes, look at price of clothes, try on clothes. If you like the look, price and fit, you buy.

Again, not trying to be rude, but I just don't understand the point of the thread...

What I can offer is that there aren't any mirrors in the individual changing stalls... which drives me nuts. I hate having to go out into the public area to check out and gawk at myself in the mirror when trying on clothes.

Kozikman
01-24-2009, 08:18 PM
if your going there you can just take a look for yourself.

Thomas Gabriel
01-24-2009, 10:01 PM
You know what I hate about the changing rooms? I find it really hard to close the curtain lol. Last time I went, I just said fuck it and changed with it partially open...the sales guy must not have liked that because he came up and closed it.

4AGE
01-25-2009, 09:05 AM
dude.. one of the employees fuckin peeked into the curtain and asked me if everything was okay while i had my pants down. i was like wtf....

anyways urban has a shitload of brand names and all their shit is basically overpriced in comparison to what you would pay for it in the states.

Isaiah
01-25-2009, 10:10 AM
Smaller shops such as Brooklyn offer less selection but much better service. Unless you're a JL junkie, Urban is overrated.

narou
01-25-2009, 10:11 AM
ebay :dunno:

toyboy88
01-25-2009, 11:06 AM
Originally posted by Kozikman
if your going there you can just take a look for yourself.

O RLY? :rolleyes: :facepalm:

badatusrnames
01-25-2009, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Thomas Gabriel
You know what I hate about the changing rooms? I find it really hard to close the curtain lol.

Haha I had the same problem too. I hate that...

Originally posted by narou
ebay :dunno:

I find it's too hard to sort the fake stuff from the authentic stuff on there and not worth it anymore...

Neil4Speed
01-25-2009, 11:22 AM
We sell (mens side)

Diesel, Taverniti So, Rock and Republic, True Religion, Public Domain, Selected, Jack and Jones, Hugo Boss (Orange, Red, Green), J.Lindeberg.

Located:

Bottom floor of TD Square close to HMV.

Prices Range on Clothing from $19.00 - $250
Jeans from about $95 to $450

Originally posted by Thomas Gabriel
You know what I hate about the changing rooms? I find it really hard to close the curtain lol. Last time I went, I just said fuck it and changed with it partially open...the sales guy must not have liked that because he came up and closed it.

Yeah, the curtains are gay, I have been trying to convince them to get doors. Usually if I am helping out a customer I will close the curtain myself, just because I know how to close it properly

Originally posted by 4AGE
dude.. one of the employees fuckin peeked into the curtain and asked me if everything was okay while i had my pants down. i was like wtf....

anyways urban has a shitload of brand names and all their shit is basically overpriced in comparison to what you would pay for it in the states.

I bet it wasn't the first time someone had asked if everything was okay when you had your pants down.

Secondly, of course the states has cheaper prices, and I would wholeheartedly encourage anyone to shop down in Seattle or Vegas, or Revolve or Ssence, or whatever the fuck you want to shop. Is this news? Everything is cheaper in the states, cars, gas, clothing, watches, food, I could go on. With that being said, allot of the prices of our denim has come down to reflect the stronger Canadian dollar, and how with it sitting it ~0.80, the savings attained from the states typically do not justify the lack of being able to try things on, shipping, duty etc.

Our prices are competitive within the local market.

Originally posted by Isaiah
Smaller shops such as Brooklyn offer less selection but much better service. Unless you're a JL junkie, Urban is overrated.

Brooklyn is a great store, I would suggest people check it out as well. I detest that better service, I like to think that we give great service as that is a strong priority for us. I have helped out a few members from here and I am sure they will agree that their Urban experiences were more than satisfactory.

Originally posted by badatusrnames

Again, not trying to be rude, but I just don't understand the point of the thread...

What I can offer is that there aren't any mirrors in the individual changing stalls... which drives me nuts. I hate having to go out into the public area to check out and gawk at myself in the mirror when trying on clothes.

I agree, OP, come down and check it out.

The reasons for no mirrors in the changing stalls is that they are too narrow to get a good idea of how things fit. Its a good suggestion as it might be best to have both - however, the mirror placed outside is to give you a better perspective of fit.

Neil4Speed
01-25-2009, 11:26 AM
Oh yeah, I would not suggest E-bay unless you know what your doing, its staggering how good some of the fakes look in photographs (or even some of the ones pawned off here). E-bay is good if your looking for rare jeans not available locally (I frequently check for older Zathans).

badatusrnames
01-25-2009, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Neil4Speed

Yeah, the curtains are gay, I have been trying to convince them to get doors. Usually if I am helping out a customer I will close the curtain myself, just because I know how to close it properly

Yes, seriously gay... must be even worse for chicks... It seems sort of incongruous that a "higher end" clothing store can't afford doors and went with shower curtains instead...

The reasons for no mirrors in the changing stalls is that they are too narrow to get a good idea of how things fit. Its a good suggestion as it might be best to have both - however, the mirror placed outside is to give you a better perspective of fit.

I can definitely understand the reasoning. But Banana Republic for example has both - mirrors in the rooms and larger, angled ones outside. I just hate coming out of the room in something and being gawked at while I check myself out, or even worse, getting the pressure job/peanut gallery from the sales person waiting outside.

As for service, I'm the type that thinks the less the better - if I'll need help, I'll ask, otherwise leave me alone and let me do my thing... I know it's tough for sales people to read whether someone wants to be waited on or left alone though...

Generic
01-25-2009, 01:38 PM
Oh yeah, I would not suggest E-bay unless you know what your doing, its staggering how good some of the fakes look in photographs (or even some of the ones pawned off here). E-bay is good if your looking for rare jeans not available locally (I frequently check for older Zathans).

i too look for old Zathans!

badatusrnames
01-25-2009, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Generic

i too look for old Zathans!

I found about five pairs at Winners one time (really nice wash too) for pretty cheap, bought them all up and flipped them on eBay for a pretty nice return...

Generic
01-25-2009, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by badatusrnames

I found about five pairs at Winners one time (really nice wash too) for pretty cheap, bought them all up and flipped them on eBay for a pretty nice return...

i have two pairs and they're so comfortable. do you ever see any more of them?

badatusrnames
01-25-2009, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by Generic

i have two pairs and they're so comfortable. do you ever see any more of them?

No, that was about two years ago... I was talking to a chick that worked at Winners and apparently they do get a decent amount of Diesels coming into their store, but usually staff grabs them first or lets their friends know that they are coming in, or if they do make it to the rack, they get snapped up pretty quickly...

It's really hit or miss.