PDA

View Full Version : Business Internet Providers

adam c
01-27-2009, 10:04 AM
I'm looking to switch my internet provider at work, the main companies I'm looking at are Telus and TeraGo

Radiant was a bunch of idiots and shaw has yet to get back to me and i was told by someone high up at rogers not to use theirs

anyone have experience with TeraGo in the DT core? reliability, performance, etc?

anyone recommend any other companies?

Currently i'm with allstream and for 50 more a month i can almost triple my t1 speed

Xtrema
01-27-2009, 10:06 AM
http://www.shaw.ca/ShawBusinessSolutions/

No problem with them and actually competitive against Telus.

needforspeed
01-27-2009, 10:10 AM
We use telus at my work and all 200+ locations. but we have a HUGE ass contract with them. But that is because we have managed VPN's though them. IF you flash the money at them you can get what ever you want. If our internet goes donw or a vpn in one of the offices telus usally calls us before we even know. Sometimes they are good. But other times I want to kill those BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP's.

adam c
01-27-2009, 10:52 AM
i tried contacting shaw but they won't get back to me, so if they don't want the contract i'm not going to force it on them

as for telus, the rep i have been talking to has been top notch great, but their pricing is a higher for less of a connection

cityhunter2501
01-27-2009, 11:04 AM
how many users, upload speed do you need?

where I work for (~250 users) we use Enmax Envision 100Mbps

sputnik
01-27-2009, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by adam c
I'm looking to switch my internet provider at work, the main companies I'm looking at are Telus and TeraGo

Radiant was a bunch of idiots and shaw has yet to get back to me and i was told by someone high up at rogers not to use theirs

anyone have experience with TeraGo in the DT core? reliability, performance, etc?

anyone recommend any other companies?

Currently i'm with allstream and for 50 more a month i can almost triple my t1 speed

TeraGo is ok. When I had service with them I would get occasional drops on the network.

I would go with Shaw BigPipe personally.

A couple of years ago we got a 10 mbps connection with them for $1800/month with unlimited bandwidth. The connection was also rock solid.

adam c
01-27-2009, 11:08 AM
the thing with my office, the HO is here and we have about 8 locations throughout Canada. We have the domain and all the servers housed here with internal applications that the other locations VPN in to use

currently we have a 1.5 T1 which is slow as shit, we don't need a 100mbps big pipe that's for sure, the package I'm looking at from TeraGo is 1.5 that's burstable to 5 up and down which is 611/month, the telus 3 up and down is 1388/month which i think is a little high