PDA

View Full Version : Recommend an outdoor surveillance/camera?

sabad66
01-27-2009, 04:14 PM
Alright so I've had it with punk motherfuckers vandalizing my house/property. See here for more info:
http://forums.beyond.ca/st/250127/woke-up-to-this-/

Anyways, I'm looking at installing an outdoor camera in front of my house. Does anyone have experience with any of these or have seen/used one before?

The only one I've seen is the Logitech WILIFE, but I don't know if any places in town sell them.

Oh yeah and i'm not looking to spend too much, maybe $300 or less, and I also have a crappy old laptop that I can use solely for this.

Thanks in advance!

spikerS
01-27-2009, 04:25 PM
i keep seeing some at costco that are indoor / outdoor with UV night vision too. relatively cheap too. I belive it also comes with a receiver and can record to flash. again, if i remember right.

spike98
01-27-2009, 09:21 PM
Wilife can be baught at future shop or staples for sure. I have the outdoor kit and its fucking awesome! In the complete dark it picks up everything pretty good. With more light you do get more detail however.

I believe the outdoor kit is ~$325

sabad66
01-29-2009, 10:53 AM
Hmm alright I'll check out costco and Future Shop.

Thanks

Kloubek
01-29-2009, 10:57 AM
I'm not so sure this will really help. So you have the perps on video - so what?

I'd say a baseball bat would be a much more effective deterrant...

sabad66
01-29-2009, 08:30 PM
what do u expect me to do? Watch my window all night for the next year? Believe me, there is nothing more I would want to do than beat the fuck out of these punks with a bat. This is more of a deterrent than anything. But if they do try something again maybe I'll have faces/license plates on camera.

Alterac
01-29-2009, 08:45 PM
Get some empty camera shells also if you find them for cheap (you know the outdoor enclosurs) and make those ones obvisous, but make the real one a little better hidden :D

I have some cheap wireless camera w/motion detection in a window upstairs looking down at my truck / front entrace.. but its shit at night.