PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Devon B Jensen. Got scammed

kbakowski
01-27-2009, 09:19 PM
Hey folks if there is anyone in the kelowna,Bc area that has seen this car!!!!! He has it posted on used Calgary.com For sale... he goes by the e-mail [email protected]. I have posted a picture of the car if you know him or see him tell him I'm in need to talk to him ASAP!!!! He owes me money that I put down as a deposit to buy this car.

He says this car was from the Calgary 3 years back and is still reg in Calgary area.

So if anyone know his where abouts or know where this car is located in the kelowna area any info would be Helpful or knows this person I've tried to e-mail him dozens of times and I get no response but he's quick to responed takeing my money.

his name is Devon B Jensen.
(Not to be confused with Dr. Devon B Jensen from the University of Calgary)

Joe-G
01-27-2009, 09:23 PM
Did you at least make a written agreement concerning the deposit? If not, i think your out of luck.

kbakowski
01-27-2009, 09:30 PM
What I don't understand is how he got the money in the first place with out a pass word Security code. I sent him an e-mail if he wanted access to this money Via money transfers through our banks he'd have to contact me for the pass word .what do you know I go on my online banking and it tells me he recieved the money how I have no clue. I've called my bank and theres dick all the can do.

RX-7_TWINTURBO
01-27-2009, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by kbakowski
What I don't understand is how he got the money in the first place with out a pass word Security code. I sent him an e-mail if he wanted access to this money Via money transfers through our banks he'd have to contact me for the pass word .what do you know I go on my online banking and it tells me he recieved the money how I have no clue. I've called my bank and theres dick all the can do.

Sounds like you got scammed..
Next time remember: Western Union transactions = Scam

Charon
01-27-2009, 09:49 PM
Im in Kelowna and asked a few people I know and they have never seen this car.

Something that ugly we would remember it. Any car like that around here would be known by us. Unless its hidden in a garage and never taken out.

sr20s14zenki
01-27-2009, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Charon

Something that ugly we would remember it. Any car like that around here would be known by us. Unless its hidden in a garage and never taken out.

That car should be garage kept, and never taken out....and i dont mean that in a good way.....

too bad, learn your lesson, some people get scammed WAYYYY worse than you've seen. It sucks, but its a learning experience at the least.

kbakowski
01-27-2009, 10:16 PM
Well from what I was told it's storage in some lot in Kelowna cause it's no Bc reg or insured/ alberta reg so it has no insurance on it and it wasn't a western union transaction it was from bank to bank transaction. He a had ligit bank account through Rbc bank . I am contacting the right authorities to look into it for me but I hate to say it I think I'm shit out of luck and got scammed. Lesson learned.

badatusrnames
01-27-2009, 10:20 PM
Well from what I was told it's storage in some lot in Kelowna cause it's no Bc reg or insured/ alberta reg so it has no insurance on it

And you're taking his word for it? It's called a cover story for his SCAM.

Joe-G
01-27-2009, 10:21 PM
Okay....Can you re-explain how exactly payment was supposed to be made?
You would have to authorize, or give him something to let him take money from your account. All you said was that you sent him an email regarding the proposition of a deposit, and out of no where your money is missing?

Shit just doesn't make any sense to me.

:confused: :dunno:

toyboy88
01-27-2009, 10:33 PM
Originally posted by Joe-G
You would have to authorize, or give him something to let him take money from your account. All you said was that you sent him an email regarding the proposition of a deposit, and out of no where your money is missing?

He's probably talking about an Interact e-mail payment transfer.

Moves $ from one bank account to another, sort of like direct deposit I guess.

But buyer "sends" money.
Seller/received of money gets an email saying "you've got cash - click and enter PASSWORD".
The password is suppose to be made by the buyer, and given to the seller to enter to receive funds.
Otherwise seller does not actually gets money deposited into his bank w/o password.

OP is saying somehow he got the funds w/o the password if I'm reading correct.

Xtrema
01-27-2009, 10:35 PM

Werd

Something in this story doesn't add up.

Originally posted by toyboy88

But buyer "sends" money.
Seller/received of money gets an email saying "you've got cash - click and enter PASSWORD".
The password is suppose to be made by the buyer, and given to the seller to enter to receive funds.
Otherwise seller does not actually gets money deposited into his bank w/o password.

NVM, that makes sense. What the hell did you use for the security question?

Shunsui
01-27-2009, 10:36 PM
Did he send you any files, or attachments in emails, did you have to download anything?

Joe-G
01-27-2009, 10:40 PM
Makes sense i guess. I just hope the OP was not dumb enough to clearly fall into a scam and send money, not expecting any possible consequences. If that was the case, the OP should take it as a lesson learned.

If everything is actually legit, maybe the funds have been withdrawn from the account but it may still be on hold for the seller/person receiving it until he/she enters the password?

Good luck! haha

Xtrema
01-27-2009, 10:43 PM
If everything is actually legit, maybe the funds have been withdrawn from the account but it may still be on hold for the seller/person receiving it until he/she enters the password?

Good luck! haha

Just checked the rules around Interac e-mail transfer. It's even worse than Paypal.

Always be careful when sending money

An Interac Email Money Transfer transaction cannot be reversed, since it’s just like sending cash. If the recipient of the funds has already deposited the transfer, you must obtain a refund directly from the recipient.

i.e. if someone guessed your password, you're fucked. Interac owes you nothing.

RX-7_TWINTURBO
01-27-2009, 10:44 PM
Originally posted by toyboy88

But buyer "sends" money.

Hmm..Never used this type of thing, but is it possible that the bank has withdrawn the funds and are keeping them in escrow? I would call your bank and ask them whats up.

crez
01-27-2009, 10:44 PM
I remember that car from ages ago. I doubt it is the same guy though. Car was pretty cool back then. Good luck getting the car.

kbakowski
01-27-2009, 10:45 PM
Yha thats what Im saying I sent him a e-mail money transfer from my account to his account he needed a password to recieve the funds. I e-mailed him telling him I made the money transfer and he needed to contact me for the password to receive the funds.I check my e-mail account and i receive a e-mail from my bank stateing he recieved the funds how I don't know cause I never gave him the password to receive the funds.

Xtrema
01-27-2009, 10:48 PM
Yha thats what Im saying I sent him a e-mail money transfer from my account to his account he needed a password to recieve the funds. I e-mailed him telling him I made the money transfer and he needed to contact me for the password to recieve the funds.I check my e-mail account and i recieve a e-mail from my band stateing he recieved the fund how I don't know cause i never gave him the password to recieve the funds.

read my post, is your password strong enough? Did money actually left your account? I can see someone brute force this if your password isn't strong.

Personally, I would only used this service with people I know face to face or family members. And if I have to choose a password, it would be something like !d10ts$ToL3mY$.

kbakowski
01-27-2009, 10:52 PM
Yes the money is gone from my account. I've call my bank they looked into it they said he must of figured the password out so I'm pretty much shit out of luck from what my bank said to me.They couldn't give me any of his info all they told me he recieved the funds into an Rbc account

Xtrema
01-27-2009, 10:55 PM
Get RCMP involved but I doubt they'll do anything. Looks like expensive lesson learn.

At least you know money went into an RBC account. But I won't bank on the name being legit. If I'm in this as my way of living, I would set up fake ID, set up fake account @ RBC, get a few victims to send money, withdraw and close account.

Willie Bobo
01-27-2009, 11:05 PM
what was the security question?

kbakowski
01-27-2009, 11:08 PM
Yha thats my next step contacting the police. I was getting tons of updates from him on a regular basis e-mails from him until he received the funds. I haven't heard from him since.The last email I received from him he told me in an e-mail the car would be on his uncles landscaping trl and he be personally be delivering it out to deliver it to me on wednesday January 28th 09. He did leave a message on my cell phone a couple of days ago but i was at work and couldn't take the call and the number he called me from was private number and he did leave me a number cell phone number and is conveniently out of minutes.Go figure. But Im sure I've been scammed lesson learned For sure.

kbakowski
01-27-2009, 11:10 PM
The first name and middle name of my oldiest son. I never told him it.

Xtrema
01-27-2009, 11:14 PM
The first name and middle name of my oldiest son. I never told him it.

Known words are easy to brute force. I don't know how many trys you get with Interac but it doesn't sound like a very secure system to me.

rumeo
01-27-2009, 11:14 PM
todays lesson: always do a hand in hand transfer

kbakowski
01-27-2009, 11:27 PM
Yha man agreed I learned my lesson...If I don't from him or see the car tomorrow like he said he'd deliver witch I'm not counting on it. I will go to the police from what my bank said the the police can get his banking info and address and so forth but from here it's a waiting game.

Tarrantula
01-27-2009, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema
it would be something like !d10ts$ToL3mY$.

HAHA Nice one.

Kavy
01-28-2009, 01:03 AM
If he got the email money transfer it means he knew your name and the question.

He knows your name so he checks facebook then looks at your friends list to get your eldest sons first & middle name.

Seriously when are people going to learn social networking sites on the internet lead to you getting bent over royally.

A 12yr old could have taken this money.

However your bank should be able to get the money back no problem within 48 hours so this sounds a bit fishy to me.

Cody D
01-28-2009, 02:37 AM
^^^ I don't think guessing the password is that easy, how many combinations would he have had to try to get the first name, middle name thing.

To the OP, why did you want that car?

brandon
01-28-2009, 11:18 AM
Originally posted by Charon

+1

googe
01-28-2009, 11:47 AM
there seems to be some confusion. is there a secret question or a password?

if its a password, and you chose that, he didnt guess it.

if its a secret question, and it said "what is my sons first and middle name", then its possible he looked it up.

i havent sent those, but i hope its a password, and not a secret question.

edit: i just watched the demo on the interac website. indeed, its a secret question. interac are pretty retarded, that is horrible security.

there is your answer. he got an email link that asked him what your sons name was. once he found out, thats all it took.

510-Trevor
01-28-2009, 01:56 PM
googled his email: http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&safe=off&[email protected]&btnG=Search&meta=
Looks like he lives in Lethbridge.
Here is a pic of him with stats (including his email):
http://www.dateinasia.com/UserProfile.aspx?uid=a721bc7f-7bbe-45e3-983c-89e95d28dc83

kbakowski
01-28-2009, 01:58 PM
I found the same info, Thanks dude for your help

Jeremiah
01-28-2009, 02:33 PM
LOL.

How much could the deposit even be.

The car is only worth $500

GQBalla
01-28-2009, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by 510-Trevor
googled his email: http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&safe=off&[email protected]&btnG=Search&meta=
Looks like he lives in Lethbridge.
Here is a pic of him with stats (including his email):
http://www.dateinasia.com/UserProfile.aspx?uid=a721bc7f-7bbe-45e3-983c-89e95d28dc83

lol looks like mail order brides

Sailz
01-28-2009, 03:03 PM
Pm'd the OP

nonlinear
01-28-2009, 03:22 PM
haha looks like Quasimodo

BlackArcher101
01-28-2009, 03:27 PM
I still doubt he's received the money.

I've tried sending a few interac e-mail money transfers to myself to see how they operate. As soon as you send the e-mail, the money will leave your account. If the guy cannot get the password within 30 days, the transfer is canceled and the money is put back into your account.

I think RBC may be mistaken here, thinking money out of your account = full transfer. In reality it could still be in limbo... when did you send it?

kbakowski
01-28-2009, 03:38 PM
He has received the money from what my bank has told me they just couldn't give me any details to protect his identity all they could tell me that he received it through his Rbc bank account.

brandon
01-28-2009, 03:45 PM
Did you get your confirmation email? when you send email transfers through your bank you will get a confirmation that they have accepted the transfer almost instantly in your email.

canuckcarguy
01-28-2009, 03:46 PM
Those security questions are BS. They're too easy to guess. You're better off with a stupid question, instead of a real one... "what's my favorite color?" "tangerine". Or something stupid like that.

Wait a bit, then have somebody else email him for details about the car, see if you can arrange a meeting.

kbakowski
01-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Yha I did get an e-mail saying the funds he received from my bank.

n1zm0
01-28-2009, 03:51 PM
lol this guy scammed you?
pW97bbOazkw

sooo gaaay..

BlackArcher101
01-28-2009, 03:54 PM
Yha I did get an e-mail saying the funds he received from my bank.

Ah ok... yep, you got scammed alright. What a little punk :whipped:

nusneak
01-28-2009, 04:03 PM
I do not understand why people keep talking like anything can be done.

Lets get this straight;
You sent Devon B Jensen money, taking his word that he will deliver the car?

If you have nothing besides YOUR WORD that he owes you money or a car, you will not see a dollar from him though any legal means. Count your losses, or try to get back at him.

Personally I'd say your not doing too bad right now just being out the money, imagine how you would feel if that ugly thing showed up out front of your house! :facepalm:

kbakowski
01-28-2009, 04:25 PM
well I got a call from the police already he's been useing his bank card and are tracking him where he been makeing purchases. so I think I'm on the right track here. But I'm sure I won't see any of the money back I'll cut my losses and move on. The only Good thing is here is he will get caught.

chkolny541
01-28-2009, 04:32 PM
how much are you out?

m3_powered
01-28-2009, 04:32 PM
How much was the deposit?

kbakowski
01-28-2009, 04:44 PM
$1200 half down

chkolny541
01-28-2009, 04:47 PM
ouch....well it sounds like the police are right on his ass, good luck, hopefully you get something back:thumbsup:

m3_powered
01-28-2009, 06:34 PM
^ werd
its unreal this guy pulls this while using his real name

Jeremiah
01-29-2009, 10:09 AM
http://calgary.en.craigslist.ca/rid/976775698.html

http://calgary.en.craigslist.ca/rid/977714572.html

http://lethbridge.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-Honda-1991-honda-civic-si-SCAM-Alert-W0QQAdIdZ103017713

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=54505171

looking for more...

kbakowski
01-29-2009, 10:14 AM
I have got tons of replies telling me hes in the lethbridge area. he has been seen there.

Super_Geo
01-29-2009, 10:37 AM
Find out where he lives... and then do the 10:1 rule.

He stole $1,200 from you, therefore you can do $12,000 worth of damage to his property.

And then call it even.

Redlyne_mr2
01-29-2009, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

He stole $1,200 from you, therefore you can do $12,000 worth of damage to his property.

And then call it even.
hahaha what an amazing rule.

Budlac
01-29-2009, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

And then call it even.

What is the $ value equivalent of a thumb??

Zhariak
02-02-2009, 08:46 PM
I saw this car yesterday in Calgary...

Can't remember where....

I remember looking at a pic on this thread, not thinking anything about it......

I was driving, and saw this car! It sticks out...

Anyone else seen it in Calgary?

psycoticclown
02-02-2009, 09:55 PM
I'm in Lethbridge, I'll keep my eye out for it. We need another claw thread:D

SRT10Killer
02-02-2009, 11:16 PM
will watch for it in calgary too

n1zm0
02-02-2009, 11:41 PM
Originally posted by Jeremiah
http://calgary.en.craigslist.ca/rid/976775698.html

http://calgary.en.craigslist.ca/rid/977714572.html

http://lethbridge.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-Honda-1991-honda-civic-si-SCAM-Alert-W0QQAdIdZ103017713

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=54505171

looking for more...

Looks like the guys trying to get to back to Asia / Laos if he wants a ride to yvr, better get on this mfker

kbakowski
02-03-2009, 12:50 PM
Thanks guys for all your help so far. If you see this car and get a good look at the driver or a licsense plate number that would really help me out.

kbakowski
02-03-2009, 12:51 PM
pic of him

chkolny541
02-03-2009, 03:37 PM
this car is so noticable that if he is infact driving it, im sure itll only be a matter of time before someone calls it in

colt22
02-03-2009, 04:05 PM
When you send an email transfer to a person it only temporary removes the funds- BMO holds onto it and it is shown as deducted from your account. The funds are not permanently removed until the sender accepts by entering a password.

All that happened is the guy who accepted ur deposit hasn't accepted it yet, so it is just sitting with BMO.

In other words, you still have that money, just cancel the transfer and your money comes back!

Even if you dont cancel the transfer, after 6 days since it is sent or the recipient gets the password wrong more than 2 times, it comes back automatically.

rumeo
02-03-2009, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by colt22
When you send an email transfer to a person it only temporary removes the funds- BMO holds onto it and it is shown as deducted from your account. The funds are not permanently removed until the sender accepts by entering a password.

All that happened is the guy who accepted ur deposit hasn't accepted it yet, so it is just sitting with BMO.

In other words, you still have that money, just cancel the transfer and your money comes back!

Even if you dont cancel the transfer, after 6 days since it is sent or the recipient gets the password wrong more than 2 times, it comes back automatically.

OP said that the guy did accept the money and it has been deposited into HIS bmo bank account. So money is not in limbo but in the scammers bank account

7thgenvic
02-03-2009, 04:19 PM
looks like a douche to me. just cancel your transfere

GQBalla
02-03-2009, 04:21 PM
like OP said in the thread,

the scammer already took his transfer money

kbakowski
02-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Yes I tried to cancel the transfer.But it was to late he already got the money!!!! Like I said before how I don't know cause I never gave him the password to accept it he figured the password out.

and whats sad is theres nothing my Bank can do for me TD. They can't give me any info on him what so ever all they told me is that he did accept the money to an RBC account and thats all the info the could give me.

urban.one
02-24-2009, 11:27 AM
edit: http://forums.beyond.ca/st/253792/car-not-paid-in-full-but-not-in-my-possession/

You seem to be having a rough time lately.

You get scammed out of the deposit on a car youre trying to buy and then you get scammed out of a car youre trying to sell by only getting the deposit.

Hopefully your luck improves.

Hey folks if there is anyone in the kelowna,Bc area that has seen this car!!!!! He has it posted on used Calgary.com For sale... he goes by the e-mail [email protected]. I have posted a picture of the car if you know him or see him tell him I'm in need to talk to him ASAP!!!! He owes me money that I put down as a deposit to buy this car.

He says this car was from the Calgary 3 years back and is still reg in Calgary area.

So if anyone know his where abouts or know where this car is located in the kelowna area any info would be Helpful or knows this person I've tried to e-mail him dozens of times and I get no response but he's quick to responed takeing my money.

his name is Devon B Jensen.

BlackArcher101
02-24-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by urban.one
Hopefully your luck improves.

Or common sense.

chkolny541
02-24-2009, 02:12 PM
yea your having a rough time for sure, and what blackarcher said^^