PDA

View Full Version : Pilonidal cyst...anyone ever have one?

pyroza
01-27-2009, 11:53 PM
Warning: If you don't know what they are, I don't recommend looking up pics unless you're really curious

So I had the whole incision, drain, pack with gauze thing done today. It's feeling much better now, though it's kind of uncomfortable sitting. Doctor says that the wound should be stitched up and I should shave the area to avoid having one again. It's times like these that I hate my Eastern European heritage since I'm so damn hairy lol

If you've had one, what were your experiences like? And did yours ever recur?

GQBalla
01-28-2009, 08:26 AM
i dont even want to google this....

it sounds like so sick

98brg2d
01-28-2009, 10:20 AM
I knew a guy that had some removed in high school. He was a write off for over a week from the pain and drugs. I decided not to get mine removed since the discomfort kind of comes and goes. If I am sitting in a really bad chair for a couple days (say at a seminar) it starts to hurt but otherwise I am ok. When I was in university it got pretty bad but I didn't have time to deal with it and since I've been out it isn't much of a problem, mind you, mine are pretty small.

For those wondering, this is pretty common for young guys to get. It used to be called "jeep driver's cyst" since so many guys in the army would get it if they were drivers.

Antonito
01-28-2009, 10:45 AM
Had one, got the surgery done a year ago to completely remove the cyst and some damaged tissue and didn't get it stitched back up (apparently stitching it back up increases the chance of reoccurance, better to let it fill back in on its own).

Yeah, a week of pain and then it healed up completely in a couple of months.

Not much to it, keep it clean, shave the area, hope for the best