PDA

View Full Version : Holocaust a 'big lie': Iranian government

Pages : [1] 2

Generic
01-28-2009, 11:50 AM
Iran's government spokesman on Tuesday branded the Holocaust a "big lie" created to place the Islamic republic's arch-foe Israel in the Middle East, the state IRNA news agency reported.

"The Holocaust is a concept coming from a big lie in order to settle a rootless regime in the heart of the Islamic world," Gholam Hossein Elham told a conference on Gaza in central Iran's religious city of Qom.

It was not the first time an Iranian official has questioned the massacre of Jews by Nazis in World War II.

Iran does not recognise Israel, and since his election in 2005 President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has attracted international condemnation by repeatedly predicting that the Jewish state is doomed to disappear.

In late 2005 Ahmadinejad branded the Holocaust a "myth." His comment was followed by a conference in Tehran in 2006 that brought together Holocaust deniers and revisionists.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=CNG.dcc1dae7280236f3833645ed9fa891cb.5e1&show_article=1

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,484128,00.html

Unfreaking believable. I'm not even totally sure what to do with Iran; war isn't the option right now. This is the extremism that is entirely dangerous to the world, to North America, and to our freedoms and beliefs we value so very much. I hope Ahmadinejad dies a very painful death.

rps13_sx
01-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Ahmadinejad <----- this man always speaks the truth!

sjpeters79
01-28-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by Generic
... This is the extremism that is entirely dangerous to the world, to North America, and to our freedoms and beliefs we value so very much.

Since when has questioning historical events become dangerous? Since when has question the atrocities that occurred in Germany during WWII ended up having you arrested or worse. And in this case being labeled as extremists.

Mckenzie
01-28-2009, 12:13 PM
The west should probably go in and try to bring about a regime change to stabilize the region. It seemed to work in Iraq and Afghanhistan.

Seriously though, they spew lots of rhetoric and so do alot of governments. Until they start to pose a physical threat (ie. arms buildup on a border or serious military arms building program) , let them waste their words IMO.

Gainsbarre
01-28-2009, 12:13 PM
This is the extremism that is entirely dangerous to the world, to North America, and to our freedoms and beliefs we value so very much.

if the terrorists hated freedom, then the Netherlands would be fuckin' dust

-David Cross

Legless_Marine2
01-28-2009, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by sjpeters79

Since when has questioning historical events become dangerous? Since when has question the atrocities that occurred in Germany during WWII ended up having you arrested or worse. And in this case being labeled as extremists.

Since a great deal of political and economic power is vested in the emphasis and strict interpretation of those atrocities.

googe
01-28-2009, 12:19 PM
This is the extremism that is entirely dangerous to the world, to North America, and to our freedoms and beliefs we value so very much.

no it isnt

black13
01-28-2009, 12:21 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Generic
/QUOTE]
Do you do anything but try to spread your own bullshit propaganda? This news is 3 years old and your the only one still stuck on it.

Him denying the holocaust is the same to Israel bombing the shit out of Palestine right now and calling it fair.

arian_ma
01-28-2009, 12:22 PM
Don't be so naive, they spew this kind of hate for anything pro American. They probably don't even know wtf they're talking about. The guys running that country are a bunch of uneducated morons.

kdwebber
01-28-2009, 12:23 PM
and they don't have gays in Iran either, and they don't execute gays as well.

ahhh the power of religion :nut:

vipstyle2
01-28-2009, 12:34 PM
They made every freakin' soldier write a report on what they seen when the concentration camps were found.
Every single soldier, because they said that one day nobody will ever believe this had happened.
Stupid stupid Iran. Oh Em Gee

badatusrnames
01-28-2009, 12:45 PM

Holocaust denial has been in crime in Germany and Austria for years...

Generic
01-28-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm not going to argue with you on the schematics of whether Muslim countries attack other countries or whether Iran occupies other companies. Or the War on Terrorism. We'll agree to disagree.
Facts: Iran supports terrorism and Al-Queada, Hezbollah, Hamas, everything anti-Israel, anti-Western democracy, anti-USA.
My friend Muhammad who is from Iran is disgusted with Iran; he and his family and many of my other friends say that Iran is a shadow of the republic it should have been; they feel like Islam extremism comes from Iran mostly and is misinterpreted by the media as all "middle eastern countries are Muslim extremists." I completely agree with him, to place blame on the whole Muslim world for actions that usually come from a country like Iran, is unfair. I agree with you, Islam on a whole is a peaceful religion. It is largely Iran that is the problem. The purpose of me bringing this article up, was the denying of the slaughter of 6 million Jews is horrifying and outrageous, to question, "What are we to do with Iran?" is a vigilante, honest question that the US and much of the world considers on a daily basis, whether it be placing embargo's and sanctions on Iran, or speaking out against this vicious monstrosity.

Gainsbarre
01-28-2009, 12:56 PM
Iran is a shadow of the republic it should have been

Agreed. If only Eisenhower had stayed the fuck out of Iran instead of staging that coup d'état to dispose of their democratically elected government.

CUG
01-28-2009, 12:57 PM
What a bunch of clowns in this thread... I'm not even surprised.

:facepalm: :facepalm:

Beerking
01-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Maybe we should go into Iran and Annihilate all them bastards and then say we know nothing about it, it did not exist?

He can speak garbage all he wants, but saying the holocaust did not happen is like saying Gretzky did not score 50 goals in 30 games. There is too much proof.

Attention whores maybe?

sjpeters79
01-28-2009, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Beerking
Maybe we should go into Iran and Annihilate all them bastards and then say we know nothing about it, it did not exist?

He can speak garbage all he wants, but saying the holocaust did not happen is like saying Gretzky did not score 50 goals in 30 games. There is too much proof.

Attention whores maybe?

If it's a fact then why are there laws that condemn questioning it? Why is it that people who do research about it are attacked by society as whole? Have you done research into it or are you basing your opinion on what you have been told or heard?

vengie
01-28-2009, 01:13 PM

Attention whores maybe?

or ignorant wastes of skin... put it how you will.

mx73someday
01-28-2009, 01:20 PM
So what? Government leaders tell lies in every country, remember "weapons of mass destruction"? The difference is that Iran doesn't invade other countries with its lies.

CUG
01-28-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by mx73someday
So what? Government leaders tell lies in every country, remember &quot;weapons of mass destruction&quot;? The difference is that Iran doesn't invade other countries with its lies. Do you really think Iran is a better country than Canada or the US?

Generic
01-28-2009, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by CUG
Do you really think Iran is a better country than Canada or the US?

no point in asking questions that people don't want to answer.
so many morons in this thread.

Antonito
01-28-2009, 01:29 PM

If it's a fact then why are there laws that condemn questioning it? Why is it that people who do research about it are attacked by society as whole? Have you done research into it or are you basing your opinion on what you have been told or heard?

Because the last time people started spreading lies against Jews, well, the holocaust happened.

So they're kind of sensitive about people going on propaganda campaigns against the Jews.

I know, crazy, right? :nut:

sea of ash
01-28-2009, 01:35 PM
honestly as an iranian (one who DOESN'T support the retarded government, one of the key reasons we moved here), i gotta say this is no threat. The government there, at least in terms of international events, is basically all talk no walk. When they say stuff like this, they are trying to flex their muscle but honestly are too cowardly to ever do anything.

And seriously 95% of the people in Iran are disgrunted, dissatisfied liberal people who hate the government and are not hardcore or extremist at all. Most people party and drink a lot in iran even though it's "banned". So I really hate that some idiot president along with a very small fraction of extremists paint such a wrong picture of what the thought process there is like. I bet most of you picture Iran as backwards thinking primal society of hardcore muslims living in mudhouses, based on pictures of Iraq on the media

Crymson
01-28-2009, 01:37 PM
I agree with sea of ash.

The disgruntled youth in Iran will be enough to cause it's own regime change in the next few years. What's unemployment there now? Must still be sky high. They'll fall due to a revolution or pressure from a liberal youth.

CUG
01-28-2009, 01:39 PM
Originally posted by sea of ash
honestly as an iranian (one who DOESN'T support the retarded government, one of the key reasons we moved here), i gotta say this is no threat. The government there, at least in terms of international events, is basically all talk no walk. When they say stuff like this, they are trying to flex their muscle but honestly are too cowardly to ever do anything.

And seriously 95% of the people in Iran are disgrunted, dissatisfied liberal people who hate the government and are not hardcore or extremist at all. Most people party and drink a lot in iran even though it's &quot;banned&quot;. So I really hate that some idiot president along with a very small fraction of extremists paint such a wrong picture of what the though process there is like. I bet most of you picture Iran as backwards thinking primal society of hardcore muslims living in mudhouses, based on pictures of Iraq on the media I've seen pics of Tehran, it's actually a nicely done place.. what's your username about?

Crymson
01-28-2009, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by CUG
I've seen pics of Tehran, it's actually a nicely done place.. what's your username about?

Jerusalem after iran enriches enough uranium.....

bad dum dum.... ching!

vengie
01-28-2009, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Crymson

bad dum dum.... ching!

... is it bad if i laughed? :rofl:
well played

CUG
01-28-2009, 01:48 PM

bad dum dum.... ching! :rofl: :rofl: I was waiting for him to say that hahaha

Beerking
01-28-2009, 01:54 PM

Have you done research into it or are you basing your opinion on what you have been told or heard?

Or maybe personal interviews with survivors, do not jump to conclusions.

P.S. my uncles dad was a G.I and was part of a platoon that was involved in aiding one of said camps.

Legless_Marine2
01-28-2009, 01:58 PM

no point in asking questions that people don't want to answer.
so many morons in this thread.

Generic, are you CUG's sock puppet, or is it the other way around?

CUG
01-28-2009, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Legless_Marine2

Generic, are you CUG's sock puppet, or is it the other way around? I'll ask your sorry ass the same question, do you think Iran is a better country than Canada and the US? How come you clowns won't answer that?

roopi
01-28-2009, 02:00 PM

Attention whores maybe?

Gretzky didn't score 50 goals in 30 games. Here's your proof:
http://archives.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/topics/1093-6056/

Legless_Marine2
01-28-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by CUG
I'll ask your sorry ass the same question, do you think Iran is a better country than Canada and the US? How come you clowns won't answer that?

Because it's a facile question, only worthy of a facile response from a facile person.

My "sorry ass" will have to take a pass :-)

Beerking
01-28-2009, 02:18 PM
Originally posted by roopi

Gretzky didn't score 50 goals in 30 games. Here's your proof:
http://archives.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/topics/1093-6056/
Oops, typo ment to hit 9 instead of 0. thanks for the clarification.:)

n1zm0
01-28-2009, 02:26 PM
haha same people always divert what these political/society based threads are originally about.

ON TOPIC, it seems hard to sweep up 6 million 'lies' don't you think?, i dunno what ya'll believe or try not to, but i've met quite a bit of elderly jewish people and the pictures/stories they share are as real/genuine as the earth we stand on, or wait did they all gather together in the forests of europe and hatch this massive plan?. I dunno how you can dissolute yourself into thinking it didnt happen, i guess it's easy if you brainwash a shitload of people, in 1935 and in present day countries that are foes of Israel.

CUG
01-28-2009, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Legless_Marine2

Because it's a facile question, only worthy of a facile response from a facile person.

My &quot;sorry ass&quot; will have to take a pass :-) So then you can admit that you're simply an idiot who enjoys stirring up controversy.... Is that you Toma? (speaking of sock puppets) :rofl:

torob
01-28-2009, 03:13 PM
k5CT8QST4OY

Like said before though, more than 90% of irans population hates the current government/leaders whatever you call them.
All the country needs is a spark to create a whole change, in my opinion its come really far in its current position, but has lots of potential too, just look at the history of it. The people in charge are happy with the money and power they have, and they'll keep at it. They are stupid and uneducated, look at the guy who lead the revolution, thats all the proof you need.

sjpeters79
01-28-2009, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Antonito

Because the last time people started spreading lies against Jews, well, the holocaust happened.

So they're kind of sensitive about people going on propaganda campaigns against the Jews.

I know, crazy, right? :nut:

Totally man :banghead:

So the same thing is happening now about Moslems :werd:

Antonito
01-28-2009, 03:38 PM

Totally man :banghead:

So the same thing is happening now about Moslems :werd:

Actually, yes.

Have you seen that Fwd: fwd: fwd Muslims e-mail with the long list of how muslims act at what percentages of the population (ie: at 1% they are quiet, studious, at 4% they start demanding special treatment)?

That basically came from the pre-WW2 buildup, and they replaced Jews with Muslims.

But no, I'm not going to agree with you that the Holocaust is a sham because governments don't allow people to publish papers and put out radio programs saying the Jews have been lying and the concentration camps didn't exist, etc. Go fuck yourself.

turbotrip
01-28-2009, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by CUG
I'll ask your sorry ass the same question, do you think Iran is a better country than Canada and the US? How come you clowns won't answer that?

Yes, Iran is better than the US becuase it isnt invading countries and murdering thousands of people. Iran isnt acting on its stupidity while the US does.

Antonito
01-28-2009, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by turbotrip

Yes, Iran is better than the US becuase it isnt invading countries and murdering thousands of people. Iran isnt acting on its stupidity while the US does.

The question is though, would Iran be doing a lot more if they had the military capabilities of the USA?

Based on how much trouble they try to stir up, and the funding they do have going to terrorist activities, I'd have to say that the answer is yes.

Actually, when you think about it, considering that a lot of the money and even some of the operatives used in Iraq are from Iran, they do in fact murder lots of people.

sjpeters79
01-28-2009, 04:06 PM
But no, I'm not going to agree with you that the Holocaust is a sham because governments don't allow people to publish papers and put out radio programs saying the Jews have been lying and the concentration camps didn't exist, etc. Go fuck yourself.

Since when did I say that the Holocaust is a sham. We know it happened but my only thing is why is it not discussed openly. Why must we be barred from discussing it. It's a major historical event and that needs to be studied so that we can prosper and stop such a thing from happening again.

sjpeters79
01-28-2009, 04:11 PM
Actually, when you think about it, considering that a lot of the money and even some of the operatives used in Iraq are from Iran, they do in fact murder lots of people.

Can we get a source?

also watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmy94F-rUuM

Legless_Marine2
01-28-2009, 04:16 PM

Since when did I say that the Holocaust is a sham. We know it happened but my only thing is why is it not discussed openly. Why must we be barred from discussing it. It's a major historical event and that needs to be studied so that we can prosper and stop such a thing from happening again.

We need to build more holocaust museums and teach more holocaust courses at universities so things like the slaughter in Gaza doesn't happen again.

Or the invasion of Iraq...
Or srebrenica....
Or Pol Pot...

nevermind.

Antonito
01-28-2009, 04:16 PM

It is discussed openly. Where people get into trouble is when they try to say things that have no basis in reality. People that have been jailed try to play the victims, but they're not, time and again they're claims turn out to be complete horseshit.

But of course they simply lie, and say they had evidence, which of course has since been suppressed by the "new, PC SS", and of course also cannot be replicated by anyone else.

Antonito
01-28-2009, 04:19 PM

Can we get a source?

also watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmy94F-rUuM

Google does a piss-poor job of ranking Arab sources anywhere near the top of the list, so I'll let you go through and see if you can find a link that you don't consider to be Imperialist propaganda

google search (http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&safe=off&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&hs=gzI&q=iran+supplying+terrorists&start=0&sa=N)

torob
01-28-2009, 04:23 PM

The question is though, would Iran be doing a lot more if they had the military capabilities of the USA?

Based on how much trouble they try to stir up, and the funding they do have going to terrorist activities, I'd have to say that the answer is yes.

Are you comparing Iran with Iraq? not sure what your thinking there saying "if they had?"
Don't underestimate the country, you just said they fund terrorist activities, how do you do that when you dont have "capabilities", plus im sure the people of Iran would defend their land no matter how much they hate their government, again a glance at the history will show.
Lots of people think Iran is like Iraq and doesn't have much to fight back with, lets hope nobody has to prove anything.

sjpeters79
01-28-2009, 04:25 PM

Google does a piss-poor job of ranking Arab sources anywhere near the top of the list, so I'll let you go through and see if you can find a link that you don't consider to be Imperialist propaganda

google search (http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&amp;safe=off&amp;client=firefox-a&amp;rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&amp;hs=gzI&amp;q=iran+supplying+terrorists&amp;start=0&amp;sa=N)

Nice you can't even support your own shit.

Eleanor
01-28-2009, 04:25 PM
:banghead:

How can people even begin to believe that the holocaust didn't happen? The earth is flat and we didn't land on the moon either :nut:

Antonito
01-28-2009, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by torob

Are you comparing Iran with Iraq? not sure what your thinking there saying &quot;if they had?&quot;
Don't underestimate the country, plus im sure the people of Iran would defend their land no matter how much they hate their government, again a glance at the history will show.
Lots of people think Iran is like Iraq and doesn't have much to fight back with, lets hope nobody has to prove anything.

Iran could attack another country, but then the US would get involved, and no matter how much the people love their country, it'd be a shit kicking of epic proportions. They'd put a big dent in the US army, but it'd be at the cost of Iran being levelled at the end of the day.

However, my point was that if Iran had the might to do whatever they want without having to worry about their own homeland getting turned into a crater, like the US does, would they go around and invade countries willy nilly for their own gain?

I'd wager yes, considering the leaders seem to hate a shitload of people in the region.

Antonito
01-28-2009, 04:32 PM

Nice you can't even support your own shit.

Too many imperialist lies for you, eh? I kind of figured that. Oh well.

All those news sources listed in the link might be stooges of the capitalist pigs, but when there's that many, I'm inclined to believe them.

n1zm0
01-28-2009, 04:36 PM
it sucks that Iran is the way it is, doesn't anyone know what Iran used to be like before the 79' 'revolution'? they had sure it wasn't the most perfect society but it sure looked alot better than what Iran is in it's present state.

ex: Iranians are only allowed to visit 14 countries in the whole world, women used to have rights so far as being politicians.

Gainsbarre
01-28-2009, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by turbotrip

Personally I like Iran more than the US because I've like the Persians I've met far more than the Americans I've met.

Not a fan of the governments of either countries though.

torob
01-28-2009, 04:52 PM

Iran could attack another country, but then the US would get involved, and no matter how much the people love their country, it'd be a shit kicking of epic proportions. They'd put a big dent in the US army, but it'd be at the cost of Iran being levelled at the end of the day.

Its a tad bit more complicated than you make it to be.
Like i said Iran isn't just a little country that the US can say no to and slap around.

It does get a bit more sophisticated and direct confrontation would be a issue therefore causing more involvement and what started small would be greater scale. US realizes this as do many other countries. At the moment i think we all know that the US is not up for any attacking, and other countries wouldn't approve of it at all as any damage to America economically would mean damage to them too. Also at the current state of America, other countries who want to take a stab would probably want to side on Iran.

However i don't want to get into this, better of discussing topic related than get into that.

Originally posted by Gainsbarre

Personally I like Iran more than the US because I've like the Persians I've met far more than the Americans I've met.

Not a fan of the governments of either countries though.

:D Thats one reason the people more than often call themselves Persians rather than Iranians, because Iranian brings the thought of the government up, but the word Persia/n brings the thought of, well.., Persia :)

Beerking
01-28-2009, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor

The earth is flat and we didn't land on the moon either :nut:

*tin foil hat on!*

Gainsbarre
01-28-2009, 04:59 PM

:D Thats one reason the people more than often call themselves Persians rather than Iranians, because Iranian brings the thought of the government up, but the word Persia/n brings the thought of, well.., Persia :)

:) Exactly...and Maz Jobrani explained it pretty well in his segment on the "Axis of Evil Comedy Tour" DVD.

sjpeters79
01-28-2009, 05:05 PM

Too many imperialist lies for you, eh? I kind of figured that. Oh well.

All those news sources listed in the link might be stooges of the capitalist pigs, but when there's that many, I'm inclined to believe them.

The problem is that the main source for all those articles is the US government under Bush which as we all know made shit up as it went along.

01RedDX
01-28-2009, 05:17 PM

mazdavirgin
01-28-2009, 05:37 PM
Its a tad bit more complicated than you make it to be.
Like i said Iran isn't just a little country that the US can say no to and slap around.

It does get a bit more sophisticated and direct confrontation would be a issue therefore causing more involvement and what started small would be greater scale. US realizes this as do many other countries. At the moment i think we all know that the US is not up for any attacking, and other countries wouldn't approve of it at all as any damage to America economically would mean damage to them too. Also at the current state of America, other countries who want to take a stab would probably want to side on Iran.

:facepalm: I don't think you quite get the difference in military might between the two countries. You are talking about a super power compared to a hole in the wall undeveloped country. Modern military might is not determined by standing armies but by the weapons you yield. The US could beat Iran into submission without even setting a foot into the country. Iran is a good 30 years behind in military tech if not more... Hell Israel would likely be able to level Tehran with minimal loses.

torob
01-28-2009, 05:43 PM
Originally posted by mazdavirgin

:facepalm: I don't think you quite get the difference in military might between the two countries. You are talking about a super power compared to a hole in the wall undeveloped country. Modern military might is not determined by standing armies but by the weapons you yield. The US could beat Iran into submission without even setting a foot into the country. Iran is a good 30 years behind in military tech if not more... Hell Israel would likely be able to level Tehran with minimal loses.

Yes, but do you think America would do that? The consequences of such action would be much worse than whatever the reason for doing it in the first place. At this stage we can't be thinking nukes unless its for threats, other than that what do we have? Standing armies no?

mazdavirgin
01-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Yes, but do you think America would do that? The consequences of such action would be much worse than whatever the reason for doing it in the first place. At this stage we can't be thinking nukes unless its for threats, other than that what do we have? Standing armies no?

The US as I mentioned has 30 years on Iran's military(Maybe even 40-50). If they wanted too they could level the country with conventional weapons... There is no way Iran could compete with the US Navy or Airforce. Just in terms of ballistic missiles the US would be able to flatten most of the country. You don't need nuclear weapons when you have the ability to achieve aerial supremacy and send missiles from half a world away.

The US won't do it because it is a democracy and even though they make bad decisions at times they are no way close to being as insane as the regime in Tehran.

torob
01-28-2009, 06:08 PM

The US as I mentioned has 30 years on Iran's military(Maybe even 40-50). If they wanted too they could level the country with conventional weapons... There is no way Iran could compete with the US Navy or Airforce. Just in terms of ballistic missiles the US would be able to flatten most of the country. You don't need nuclear weapons when you have the ability to achieve aerial supremacy and send missiles from half a world away.

The US won't do it because it is a democracy and even though they make bad decisions at times they are no way close to being as insane as the regime in Tehran.

See whats what I'm wondering, what makes you believe so much that Iran doesn't have the same "technology" as US does or at least close to it, what makes you think Iran's military is so far behind?
I'm just interested to see you backup such a statement, because i am surely not going to believe some person just saying it.

Generic
01-28-2009, 07:10 PM
so many misinformed and uneducated opinions in this thread.

Antonito
01-28-2009, 07:32 PM

See whats what I'm wondering, what makes you believe so much that Iran doesn't have the same &quot;technology&quot; as US does or at least close to it, what makes you think Iran's military is so far behind?
I'm just interested to see you backup such a statement, because i am surely not going to believe some person just saying it.

Tech wise, in a general sense, Iran is not that far behind.

However, for sheer scale, the US could plaster Iran.

Tanks: Iran: 1800 US 7000

Jets: Iran 200 US 2600

Submarines (which can launch missiles to the mainland)
Iran 0 US 72

Aircraft carriers Iran 0 US 12

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_size_of_armed_forces

The US army is too stretched out to be effective against a terrorist cell who hides amongst the citizenry requiring house-to-house searching, but at this point the US army would fucking love to fight someone on an actual battlefield. It's what they spent decades spending more money than the rest of the fucking world combined preparing for.

Generic
01-28-2009, 07:39 PM

Tech wise, in a general sense, Iran is not that far behind.

However, for sheer scale, the US could plaster Iran.

Tanks: Iran: 1800 US 7000

Jets: Iran 200 US 2600

Submarines (which can launch missiles to the mainland)
Iran 0 US 72

Aircraft carriers Iran 0 US 12

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_size_of_armed_forces

The US army is too stretched out to be effective against a terrorist cell who hides amongst the citizenry requiring house-to-house searching, but at this point the US army would fucking love to fight someone on an actual battlefield. It's what they spent decades spending more money than the rest of the fucking world combined preparing for.

Very true. The US is not prepared or able to properly win a war rife with door-to-door searches, Vietnam-style hiding, and suicide attacks. The actual battlefield is where they excel on, such as the first and second Gulf War showed.

mazdavirgin
01-28-2009, 07:56 PM
See whats what I'm wondering, what makes you believe so much that Iran doesn't have the same &quot;technology&quot; as US does or at least close to it, what makes you think Iran's military is so far behind?

The IRIAF composition has changed very little since 1979. The first, very limited re-location of several units - including disbandment of some, and establishing of new squadrons - occurred in autumn 1980, when the F-4D-fleet was concentrated at Shiraz, two squadrons of F-4Es moved from Shiraz to Hamedan, and a squadron of F-14 Tomcats deployed to Mehrabad. Other deployments during the war with Iraq were mainly of temporary character, even if a major re-organisation of existing air-defence assets - foremost SAM- and AAA-units - was undertaken in 1985. There has been no major re-organisation during all of the 1990s either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Islamic_Republic_of_Iran_Air_Force

Then for their missile tech this is their premier MRBM. They haven't even managed to create an ICMB which is something the US had in ~1950...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shahab-3

People forget how vast the discrepancy is between the worlds militaries. Russia, England, France, and the US are still decades ahead of the rest of the world in terms of armament. In conventional warfare as in no occupation any of those countries could cream Iran's military with relatively little loses.

Another couple fun asides. The US military's budget for a year is almost twice Iran's GDP. Iran has hardly any production capabilities relying on other countries to provide them with the majority of their military arsenal.

HiTempguy1
01-28-2009, 08:24 PM
To go wayyyy off-topic; why does Russia have so many tanks? Are they planning an invasion or something?

Antonito
01-28-2009, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1
To go wayyyy off-topic; why does Russia have so many tanks? Are they planning an invasion or something?

Putin and his cronies are a throwback to the KGB/USSR days. They want to be a feared world power again.

And they already invaded Georgia.

bashir26
01-29-2009, 12:58 AM

Ya thats because Georgia is stupid. It's their fault.

Grogador
01-29-2009, 02:59 AM
Originally posted by vipstyle2
They made every freakin' soldier write a report on what they seen when the concentration camps were found.
Every single soldier, because they said that one day nobody will ever believe this had happened.
Stupid stupid Iran. Oh Em Gee

Churchill made captured German officers document the camps and other atrocities. He figured it was the best way to make the German people see what their Fuhrer had done.

Have you seen that Fwd: fwd: fwd Muslims e-mail with the long list of how muslims act at what percentages of the population (ie: at 1% they are quiet, studious, at 4% they start demanding special treatment)?

Well since the other 96% are infidels (worshipers of Satan) then, according to the Qur'an, every "good Muslim" is at war with them. The initial stages of Jihad do not involve any fighting, simply infiltrating the enemy and "eliminating persecution" to establish supremacy of Islam in the world. (http://www.usc.edu/schools/college/crcc/engagement/resources/texts/muslim/quran/008.qmt.html#008.039)

kertejud2
01-29-2009, 08:56 AM
so many misinformed and uneducated opinions in this thread.

Why don't you copy and paste an editorial to show us how smart you are.

Legless_Marine2
01-29-2009, 09:43 AM

And [Russia] already invaded Georgia.

Russia counterattacked Georgia after George invaded South Ossetia.

How quickly we (Choose to?) forget.

semograd
01-29-2009, 10:02 AM

Georgia invaded South Ossetia first because they wanted to be apart of Russia again. Georgia had more than enough warning to stop what they were doing.

Generic
01-29-2009, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by kertejud2

Why don't you copy and paste an editorial to show us how smart you are.

The President of Iran is put into power by people (not the common civilians, although there are some, its mostly leaders, and financial and terrorist backers) who believe what he is saying and they follow these beliefs very closely, i.e. building nuclear weapons, saying hateful comments about Israel, threatening other nations, supplying anti-Western weapons, funding and supporting terrorism, etc etc. Whether you like it or not, Iran is largely one of the greatest threats to our Western Civilization. NOT the people, but the actual government and military, which is run by extremists. So to say the President is merely a "sock puppet" like Sadam Hussein in the 2000's (which is essentially what he was) and its just a President speaking his mind and using his free speech ability (which ironically enough, doesn't exist in Iran), is incorrect. He has backing by the government and military for what he says, the people may not agree with it, but last time I checked, Iran wasn't a democracy
Iran is a problem for sure, its just how to deal with Iran in the upcoming future, is the question. More sanctions? Use the sword? UN approved force? Maybe Iran will just die away like North Korea? Chances are very unlikely Iran and its influence will simply go away (due to its natural resources and its hellbound leaders), which is why this new anti-semitic comment brings about this issue of what to do with Iran, again to the forefront.

sjpeters79
01-29-2009, 10:46 AM
... but last time I checked, Iran wasn't a democracy

They were certainly at one point but the Brits and Americans took care of that right away.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1953_Iranian_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat

sjpeters79
01-29-2009, 10:48 AM
Also has anyone noticed the fact the closest allies of the American's during their initial "war or terror" were not democracies but are kingdoms (UK) or dictatorships (Egypt,Pakistan).

mazdavirgin
01-29-2009, 10:55 AM
Also has anyone noticed the fact the closest allies of the American's during their initial &quot;war or terror&quot; were not democracies but are kingdoms (UK) or dictatorships (Egypt,Pakistan).

Wait a second did someone just post that the UK is a not a democracy? :rofl:

timdog
01-29-2009, 11:03 AM
the article doesn't say much, but from 'holocaust deniers' that I have spoken to (yes there are many of them here in Canada), it's not that they think it didn't happen at all. but they believe that the facts were distorted, the scale of genocide was not as large as we believe, and the jewish people essentially waged war upon themselves and sacrificed their own blood in order to gain sympathy, so that they could regain the land of palestine. or some bullshit like that.

i am not saying it makes sense, i am just saying it's not quite as far fetched as saying the holocaust didn't happen. it's still complete crap though.

sjpeters79
01-29-2009, 12:09 PM

Wait a second did someone just post that the UK is a not a democracy? :rofl:

Well they do have a royal family, do they not?

atgilchrist
01-29-2009, 12:32 PM
^^^ So do we. I guess we're not a democracy either:rolleyes:

mazdavirgin
01-29-2009, 01:11 PM

Well they do have a royal family, do they not?

:facepalm: Seriously? You are kidding right?

sjpeters79
01-29-2009, 01:39 PM

"For a start there is the British royal family, a family that acquire their status as heads of state, not from elections, but from tradition and privilege. This idea that some members of society are more important than others runs contrary to the democratic notion that all men are equal, yet it is inherent in the British system of government.

Another area of British government that is open to criticism is the House of Lords. The House of Lords has the power to block and amend laws passed by parliament and is an integral mechanism in the machinery of British politics, yet it too is undemocratic. The members of the House of Lords aren't voted upon by the British people and consequently derive their power from somewhere other than the electorate. In 21st Century politics this situation is simply unacceptable, yet any changes to it are coming slowly, if at all."

source: http://www.socyberty.com/Politics/Is-Britain-a-Democracy.28190

atgilchrist
01-29-2009, 01:49 PM
^^^ Again, same as us. The unelected Monarchy and House of Lords (Senate in Canada) are certainly open for all sorts criticism, but they are basically figureheads who rubber-stand any bills before them.

So, to sum up...

sjpeters79
01-29-2009, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by atgilchrist
^^^ Again, same as us. The unelected Monarchy and House of Lords (Senate in Canada) are certainly open for all sorts criticism, but they are basically figureheads who rubber-stand any bills before them.

So, to sum up...

But is that true democracy?

atgilchrist
01-29-2009, 02:16 PM
Define true democracy. The only "direct" democracy in history were the ancient Greek city-states, where all male landowners gathered and voted. Any modern democracy has some form of representative democracy to it, where elected officials govern on the electorate's behalf. Even a constitutional democracy (like the US) has plenty of appointed officials in government making decisions.

In the UK and Canada, virtually all decision-making power is in the hands of the elected officials. Even when the Head of State (Crown) has to make a binding decision, they virtually always follow an elected officials advice/request. Prime Example: the Governor General proroguing parliament at the request of Prime Minister Harper.

Seems as close to democratic as is realistically possible to me.

timdog
01-29-2009, 02:58 PM
yeah seriously. what about Obama's Cabinet? were they all voted in? nope. Obama gets voted in and then selects the members of his cabinet.
Obama wasn't even voted in using a 'true' democracy, but by an electoral college represented by the people, they dont actually count each individual vote and then choose the person who got the most votes, it's indirect, read up on it.

kertejud2
01-29-2009, 03:26 PM

But is that true democracy?

The U.S. isn't true democracy either. The people don't elect the president, the Electoral College does.

If you want "true" democracy you'd have to go to some Swiss towns.

Crymson
09-23-2009, 11:04 AM
Way to go Canada.

We are going to boycott Ahmadinefag's speech at the UN general assembly today due to his recently outbreak of hate speach and posturing

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Canada+boycott+Iran+speech/2022648/story.html

OH-EIGHT
09-23-2009, 07:37 PM
i wish ahmadinejad was our leader
he doesnt take shit from nobody, thats why all the other countries (US, Russia, UK, China) are all scared of him, because he's not afraid of them

battleaxe1
09-23-2009, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by OH-EIGHT
he doesnt take shit from nobody, thats why all the other countries (US, Russia, UK, China) are all scared of him, because he's not afraid of them

No one is afraid of him. Iran could be made into a nice airplane hanger at anytime.

HuMz
09-23-2009, 07:54 PM

Wow, im assuming you don't believe the holocaust happened either?

revelations
09-23-2009, 08:23 PM

Could you venture a guess on what Iranian people think of him?

kertejud2
09-23-2009, 08:29 PM

The only thing those countries are afraid of is the cost of rolling in armies and/or the PR nightmare of wiping out a country without provocation. Not because their "leader" is some kind of tough guy.

Antonito
09-23-2009, 08:40 PM
Wait, am I the only one that has noticed that OH-EIGHT has repeatedly said that he trolls for attention?

nonlinear
09-23-2009, 09:13 PM
as an american, i have to say that ahmadinejad gave a great speech. while i don't agree with a lot of his views (mostly stemming from fundamentalist islam and also the myriad problems with media and fraud in the last election there), he made some very correct comments about the state of the world. i understand his pursuit of nuclear power, and also his anger towards israel, but to make progress, he seriously needs to stop trying to push his ideals on everyone else and try to collaborate with those who he thinks disagree with him.

but seriously, the US and the UN are puppets controlled by multinational capatialism (i.e. no state allegiance). i think the concept of 'state' is changing, and the next couple of hundred of years are going to be very trying for states and their citizens.

Sugarphreak
09-23-2009, 09:26 PM

BigMass
09-23-2009, 11:22 PM
Way to go Canada.

We are going to boycott Ahmadinefag's speech at the UN general assembly today due to his recently outbreak of hate speach and posturing

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Canada+boycott+Iran+speech/2022648/story.html
http://southwestsportbikes.net/forums/Smileys/custom/jerkoff.gif

mazdavirgin
09-24-2009, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by kertejud2
The only thing those countries are afraid of is the cost of rolling in armies and/or the PR nightmare of wiping out a country without provocation. Not because their &quot;leader&quot; is some kind of tough guy.

While the UK, US, and Russia might be able to project their military power I don't think China really fits the bill... China doesn't have the infrastructure to project military power over seas never mind even locally. China would be hard pressed to invade Japan :\

brownchild
09-24-2009, 12:27 AM
Even if the Holocaust happened, or didnt. Is the holocaust worse then whats going in Africa right now, especially Darfur? Oh wait the media doesnt talk about Africa to much, so I guess not. What 95% of you beyond news posters need to understand is that your sheep that cant think for yourselves, but need others to encourage your thinking, so therefore you sad sorry bastards feel "outside of the box", even though in reality are living in straight tunnel vision (must be fast hondas.). Dumbasses, fuck Ahmadinejad hes evil, praise Obama, just like you praised Bush back in 2001/2002. Until all you cock riding basterds starting hating on him too, because it was the "cool, funny" thing to do, because of SNL, Mad TV etc... wake the fuck up. I dont care about my grammar right now, for you stupid fucks that want to "pwn me".

OMG im dissin myself cuz i owned so many hondas, but to bad I can realize they werent fast, and therefore made me an out of the box thinker.

texasnick
09-24-2009, 07:56 AM
What in the hell are you going on about?

FOCUS