PDA

View Full Version : Accident

MikeAg
01-28-2009, 03:14 PM
I was hit from behind today and took all the guys information but his phone number. How can I get it?

Tik-Tok
01-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by MikeAg
I was hit from behind today and took all the guys information but his phone number. How can I get it?

Why do you need it? Just go to the police and write a report, and call your insurance company with all the details you have.

torob
01-28-2009, 03:17 PM
You could always try superpages.ca

MikeAg
01-28-2009, 03:18 PM
Well this morning it was dark and it looked like there was no damage on either car. But i took his information incase. He also told me to call him if anything because he doesnt want to go through insurance.

brentos
01-28-2009, 03:19 PM
have you tryed the reverse lookup from the yellow pages? When I forgot the photocopy of the psersons drivers license when I went to the police station the cop was nice enough to track him down for me. Took him ten minutes and he got everything.

teggypimp95
01-28-2009, 03:20 PM
You need to fill out a police report weather or not he wants to go through insurance. The police will be able to call him on your behave to move forward. Or they may even be able to provide you with him number.

MikeAg
01-28-2009, 03:20 PM
Wow SuperPages actually worked thats awesome.

Thanks.

Can't I just ask the guy to give me like $200 and we'll leave it at that?

GQBalla
01-28-2009, 03:23 PM
if damages are under $1000 your not legally obligated to get a accident sticker. Body shops usually do work on a vehicle only if they have that sticker. some shops are shady though.

so you can get $200 from him if you want, depending if the damages are infact that price.

i would get a qoute

MikeAg
01-28-2009, 03:25 PM
I'm thinking more like just keeping the 200 for myself

Oldskool
01-28-2009, 03:27 PM

If theres damages, get a quote from a bodyshop, if the damage is greater than 200, im sure he would love to give you 200 and call it settled. If there is no damage at all, or he thinks that the damage will be less than 200, he'll tell you to report it to insurance.

MikeAg
01-28-2009, 03:29 PM
Alright Thanks.

GQBalla
01-28-2009, 03:29 PM

i dont see why not, if you dont care about the car he hit.

thats if he pays you.

unless he doesn't feel that it cost $200 and makes you go thru a qoute or insurance

Masked Bandit
01-28-2009, 03:55 PM
So there's no damage to your vehicle but you want him to give you $200 anyway?

LilDrunkenSmurf
01-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Masked Bandit
So there's no damage to your vehicle but you want him to give you $200 anyway?

I hope not, that's just low.

MikeAg
01-29-2009, 11:59 AM
There is damage. The Quote price to fix is $380. The number I got off superpages/yellowpages is wrong... How can i get his number?

LadyLuck
01-29-2009, 12:04 PM
There is damage. The Quote price to fix is $380. The number I got off superpages/yellowpages is wrong... How can i get his number?

Originally posted by teggypimp95
You need to fill out a police report weather or not he wants to go through insurance. The police will be able to call him on your behave to move forward. Or they may even be able to provide you with his number.

turbotrip
01-29-2009, 12:05 PM
post his info here and someone will give u his #

MikeAg
01-29-2009, 12:10 PM
Can I call the cops for his number?

SR240SX
01-29-2009, 12:21 PM
But i took his information incase. He also told me to call him if anything because he doesnt want to go through insurance.

Fuck em, I would go through insurance.You never know, There could be un noticeable damage behind the bumper or where ever you got hit, I wouldnt risk it.

gretz
01-29-2009, 12:29 PM
Well this morning it was dark and it looked like there was no damage on either car.

Headlights can be used to see in the dark, a $380 hit should have been noticable.

I would let it go since you obviously don't care about the damage to your car. Also, there was "no damage at the time" - who is to say you didn't go home and hit the bumper with a hammer? Without a report, your SOL

just let it go man

Budlac
01-29-2009, 12:48 PM
Can I call the cops for his number?

Everyone has been telling you too... don't you read?

MikeAg
01-29-2009, 12:56 PM
But do i actually have to fill out a report? whats the point of that?

scat19
01-29-2009, 01:08 PM
wow dude. just wow.

Read and understand, are you even paying attention? Honestly -

Go to the station, fill out a report (this does NOT mean you are going to be going through insurance), its so everything is on file. You will get a damage sticker applied to your car, and everything will be documented.

They will then contact the other person responsible for his side of events, (if its his fault, it will be obvious). Once they bring you two together etc., its up to YOU two how the vehicles will be repaired.

gretz
01-29-2009, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by scat19
wow dude. just wow.

Go to the station, fill out a report (this does NOT mean you are going to be going through insurance), its so everything is on file. You will get a damage sticker applied to your car, and everything will be documented.

They will then contact the other person responsible for his side of events, (if its his fault, it will be obvious). Once they bring you two together etc., its up to YOU two how the vehicles will be repaired.

Or, instead of taking a day off work and losing hours to do this, just forget it -

LilDrunkenSmurf
01-30-2009, 01:44 AM
Originally posted by scat19
wow dude. just wow.

+1. Always fill out a report.