PDA

View Full Version : '05 530 beeping

silversprings
01-28-2009, 03:31 PM
Have an '05 530 that just started an annoying 4-beep about three or four times a day. There are no warning lights on, and it is not the 3 degree warning beep. This 4-beep sequence seems to be coming from the driver side door area.
Has anyone experienced this before. The BMW dealership had no ideas. They thought it was more of a reminder beep - but for what?
For the last 4 weeks we have had one warning of a malfunctioning high beam displayed when you turn on the car. Could this be simply the car telling you to get to fixing this?

THanks

JVR1
01-28-2009, 07:08 PM
can you give more details or maybe steps to replicate the problem?

Tik-Tok
01-28-2009, 07:20 PM
Do you have idrive? Is it the hour memo function? (3 short beeps, one long one)

blinkme_210
01-29-2009, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Do you have idrive? Is it the hour memo function? (3 short beeps, one long one)

Bingo! All E60's come with iDrive as standard.

TorqueDog
01-29-2009, 07:41 PM
I hate the hour memo function. I had a Timex watch that did the same damn thing. :p

alloroc
01-30-2009, 09:09 AM
beamer beemer beeper beeeeeeeep

silversprings
02-02-2009, 03:22 PM
thanks to all the suggestions, but I don't believe it is the hour memo beeper - the service guy had mentioned that as well.
What exactly is that supposed to be for - we don't input any sort of alarm reminder.

It is going in next month (5 weeks to get in) to the Gallery for a malfunctioning high beam.

My wife just noticed something. During the day, the daytime lights are obviously on. When she parks at her work, she faces a glass window where she can see the headlights. At times, the passenger daytime running light is not on, and then she hears the beeping.
Could this be an alarm that the light is malfunctioning?
Seems odd, that everything in the car has sensor and lets you know inside via light,message etc. of the fault. However, a safety issue such as a daytime running light is only prompted by an audible beeping? Hmm
Comments>

Tik-Tok
02-02-2009, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by silversprings
thanks to all the suggestions, but I don't believe it is the hour memo beeper - the service guy had mentioned that as well.
What exactly is that supposed to be for - we don't input any sort of alarm reminder.

It tells you that the time is on the hour. You don't set the alarm, it's just on, or off

scat19
02-02-2009, 04:08 PM
The the headlights not working, you will get a headlight warning on your dash. Not a beep.

Are you SURE its not the temp warning? or ice warning?