PDA

View Full Version : Drag Warz Is A Go!!!!!!

MYKN
08-15-2002, 03:42 PM
DRAG WARZ IS BACK ON!!!!!!
Fort Mcleod is a go!!!Wetaskiwin say's NO!! We have the greenlight Drag Warz will go Aug 24 @ Fort Mcleod

GO toimpressionsauto.com (http://www.impressionsauto.com) for the lastest info and the pre registration form.

sexualbanana
08-15-2002, 04:00 PM
where's fort macleod? that's south of here isn't it?

CRXguy
08-15-2002, 04:02 PM
Near Lethbridge

Audi Kid
08-15-2002, 04:05 PM
half way to lethbridge heh i steal A&W mugs when i drive thru :)

Redlyne_mr2
08-15-2002, 04:14 PM
YEAH right on...damn a bit far for us Red Deer guys but even further for the poor edmontonians..is it on the same date???

ninjak84
08-15-2002, 04:15 PM
does anyone know what the weather is gonna be like?
its supposed to be crappy for the next 5 days, hopefully it'll clear up by then.

HRD2PLZ
08-15-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by Audi Kid
half way to lethbridge heh i steal A&W mugs when i drive thru :)

:rofl: I've got the whole collection of those too

Redlyne_mr2
08-15-2002, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by ninjak84
does anyone know what the weather is gonna be like?
its supposed to be crappy for the next 5 days, hopefully it'll clear up by then.
dude its like 10 days away :dunno:

RGAGT
08-15-2002, 11:07 PM
Hey That's Great Just Thought I'd Let You Guy's Read The Reply I Got From Red Deer's Assistant Mayor

Hi--the Mayor is out of the office for the next week so she asked me to respond to you. We have contacted Harold Jeske, Recreation, Parks & Culture Manager; Jerry Tennant (license for Special Events); and RCMP Superintendent Jim Steele about this. None of them know anything about the group or the activity. Just to be extra cautious, I also checked with Greg Scott, Inspections & Licensing Manager, to see if any permits might have gone through his office, and he checked with his staff and also had not heard about this event. So you may want to check with the organizer of the event and pass on what we learned after checking with the RCMP and the various City departments. Thank you for getting in touch with the Mayor.

Mary McGarry
Assistant to the Mayor

choweyt3t4
08-15-2002, 11:17 PM
Originally posted by Cal
Cool,and im gonna win the "glow off" with my MTN bikes green underglow kit:rolleyes: :rofl: i better get mine too:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:i wouldnt want you to be the only one out there and have no competition:rofl:

Speed_RaSiR
08-16-2002, 07:22 AM
where in Fort Mcleod? Or do we all just show up and drag race up and down mainstreet? :rofl:

REdOX
08-16-2002, 10:01 AM
Originally posted by Speed_RaSiR
where in Fort Mcleod? Or do we all just show up and drag race up and down mainstreet? :rofl:

airport

redline
08-16-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by RGAGT
Hey That's Great Just Thought I'd Let You Guy's Read The Reply I Got From Red Deer's Assistant Mayor

Hi--the Mayor is out of the office for the next week so she asked me to respond to you. We have contacted Harold Jeske, Recreation, Parks & Culture Manager; Jerry Tennant (license for Special Events); and RCMP Superintendent Jim Steele about this. None of them know anything about the group or the activity. Just to be extra cautious, I also checked with Greg Scott, Inspections & Licensing Manager, to see if any permits might have gone through his office, and he checked with his staff and also had not heard about this event. So you may want to check with the organizer of the event and pass on what we learned after checking with the RCMP and the various City departments. Thank you for getting in touch with the Mayor.

Mary McGarry
Assistant to the Mayor

nice .... :confused:

redline
08-16-2002, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by choweyt3t4
i better get mine too:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:i wouldnt want you to be the only one out there and have no competition:rofl:

shit i just got another new one installed on the MTN bike special for the show so you both better watch out... :bigpimp: :rofl:

B18C
08-16-2002, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by redline

shit i just got another new one installed on the MTN bike special for the show so you both better watch out... :bigpimp: :rofl:

You guys are all dead...I just installed 2 of those last night! Plus, i have Varad scaners on every exposed metal part of my bike :burnout:

egmike
08-16-2002, 12:13 PM
Here is a map to give you a idea where it is.

GT2NV
08-16-2002, 12:55 PM
ekkk thats far away

Redlyne_mr2
08-16-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by RGAGT

Mary McGarry
Assistant to the Mayor
the city of red deer had nothing to do with it..it was the airport council that shut them down

sexualbanana
08-16-2002, 01:57 PM
but they even checked the licenses and there weren't any

DSM Power
08-16-2002, 02:57 PM
Guys, where is the Ft. Mcleod airport?! I can't find any info about it on the Web... it's like it doesn't exist? :dunno:

rage2
08-16-2002, 03:01 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
the city of red deer had nothing to do with it..it was the airport council that shut them down

I thought it was the RCMP and the City? :dunno:

DRAG WARZ WILL BE POSTPONED!!
The RCMP and RED DEER City Counsel have instructed us that due to the recent shootings and gang related activity surrounding the import scene in Edmonton they will not allow Drag Warz to take place as we planned, even though we have hired a proffesional security company as well as have 40 security volunteers. We have alot of time and money invested in this event and as well as a signed contract, our lawyer is looking into this and we will keep you posted!!
SORRY FOR ANY INCONVIENCE!!

REdOX
08-16-2002, 03:13 PM
who knows now wtf really happened??? I'd only believe what Mark Seto says.

Redlyne_mr2
08-16-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by rage2

I thought it was the RCMP and the City? :dunno:

no..city council knew nothing about the event, their is a council that is in charge of the airport and from what I know they backed down on their word. The RCMP did haev some concerns but were not the main factor in Red Deer's drag warz demise.

92probe
08-16-2002, 08:18 PM
For anyone having trouble finding info on Ft. Macleod here's acouple sites to that I found that were some what helpful.

http://www.discoveralberta.com/AlbertasSouth/FortMacleod/

www.town.fortmacleod.ab.ca

hope this helps

GT2NV
08-17-2002, 12:27 AM
tnx:thumbsup: wanna see a pic of your car 92 probe

92probe
08-17-2002, 03:27 AM
I don't even know what my cars gonna look like, I'm getting it out of the bodyshop 2 days before drag warz, but I will be there, you won't be able to miss my car, probaly going to be the only first gen ford probe there, I'm gonna be rolling down there with my buddies, one taking his zex powered silver sensied 94 pgt, and my other buddies taking his 97 cav z24. hope to see you there

DSM Power
08-17-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by 92probe
For anyone having trouble finding info on Ft. Macleod here's acouple sites to that I found that were some what helpful.

SIgh, yeah I'd already found those. Still has ZIP as far as where the airport is. But apparently there will be signs posted on the highway by the organizers so.... *crosses fingers* :burnout:

Azncowboy
08-17-2002, 04:55 PM
Some of us are meeting @ deerfoot mall @8:30 to leave to fort macleod, leaving @ 9..so for those who don't know where to go and want to join us...they're more then welcome :)

lammer
08-19-2002, 06:35 AM
im interested in going but..i dont know if i can use the van to go down there..if someone can give me a ride or something maybe, and a lift home..but other than that i can't go. it would be cool to go watch this race warz thing.

Mark Seto
08-20-2002, 10:37 PM
Red Deer Airport was not willing to risk the liability. Lawyers are wonderful people :rolleyes:

We all agree its too bad the event had to be revamped, especailly for us poor Edmontonians, but every effort was made to make the event happen.

I commend the people here what they've done, but we have to be careful not to damage our relationship with Red Deer. It's a good location for a future event, perhaps we just have to prove our worthiness.

REdOX
08-20-2002, 10:51 PM
Mark.. were you guys able to do any adverstising in Lethbridge? After all, there's only so many people that are willing to drive over an hour for a car show. Just us hardc0res, but the local people wouldn't think twice since it's very close to them.

Strider
08-20-2002, 11:10 PM
hmmmm a show full of local lethbridge cars :confused:

REdOX
08-20-2002, 11:39 PM
It would be better than seeing a show full of the exact same cars you see everyday like v8less.. which I'm starting to worry about now. No offense of course.. I just was wondering about spectators and such to get a crowd goin. But I'm sure Mark has that covered.

Rydog
08-21-2002, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by REdOX
It would be better than seeing a show full of the exact same cars you see everyday like v8less.. which I'm starting to worry about now. No offense of course.. I just was wondering about spectators and such to get a crowd goin. But I'm sure Mark has that covered.

exactly, and since it's pretty close to the border MAYBE some cars from the states would show if they knew about it. not too likely, I know, but ya never know. i just want to see some different cars like Jeff said.

dj_honda
08-21-2002, 01:22 PM
my cousin lives in lethbridge and he told me the main shop there is called fast and furious motorsports...
that should tell you what kind of cars are gonna be going from lethbridge...

Davan
08-21-2002, 10:35 PM
Guys, I'm in Lethbridge right now. I was born and raised here. And let me tell you, there's not much here that will show up. Maybe 4 or 5 decent cars.... the rest are hillbillies with trucks. :D

REdOX
08-22-2002, 12:42 AM
I hear Lethbridge chicks are hot.. that's what I want to see mainly.

sexualbanana
08-22-2002, 04:31 PM

university of lethbridge. no one said they were smart. :rofl:

B17a
08-22-2002, 04:41 PM

They're just Calgary girls too dumb to get into UofC!! J/K!!:rofl:

mwmhong
08-22-2002, 04:54 PM
Q: You go to University? Really? U of C?
A: No, I go to..... U of..... L (*holds L on forehead*)

Damn that is mean. Oh yeah, just kidding :)

Mark Seto
08-23-2002, 11:18 AM
To answer you questions, I wouldn't expect to see anything amazing at this event that you haven't seen in the streets of Calgary or at V8less Nights. Unfortunately we're in Alberta - (compared to Edmonton you guys know how much better your scene is!) We don't have the funds to attract rides from out East or Westcoast.

I wish we could bring you new stuff, we'll have to do our best to with what we've got. Don't forget that racing brings a whole new perspective into the show, and I know that will be enough to make it a one of a kind event!

Thre will also be plenty of entertainment, stunt teams, a bikini contest, and Manism Video shoot. Plus the weather looks great.

In regards to Lethbridge, one of the promoters had a crew in Lethbridge throwing flyers and poster around. Hopefully that was enough to access the market.

I'll be traveling this afternoon, make sure you all come by and introduce yourselves tomorrow. Just ask for Mark. I'll be running the racing.

sputnik
04-15-2004, 12:44 PM
Why not hold it in Calgary?

Lumburgh
04-15-2004, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Why not hold it in Calgary?

Yeah...did you get that memo...about the thread bumping? If you could go ahead and sort of...NOT bump ancient threads that have long since been completed...that would be great...mmmkay? Oh, and I'll go ahead and make sure you get another copy of that memo.

Thaaanks.

ZorroAMG
04-15-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by mwmhong
Q: You go to University? Really? U of C?
A: No, I go to..... U of..... L (*holds L on forehead*)

Damn that is mean. Oh yeah, just kidding :)

Actually, UofL is a much better university than UofC, it just gets a bad rep cause of the small town it is in...whatever...

sputnik
04-15-2004, 01:11 PM
sorry guys... got my search window and my "new posts" window mixed up.

cocoabrova
04-15-2004, 02:00 PM
Holy back from the grave