PDA

View Full Version : USB cable for Sony Digital Cameras

Diesel
10-06-2003, 10:34 PM
I lost my f*cking USB cable that allows me to upload the pics from my cam to the computer....does anyone know if I can just buy a new cable from Future Shop or the Sony Store????

Ed the SOHC
10-07-2003, 12:21 AM
I'll save you a trip... Future Shop doesn't sell that.

GTS Jeff
10-07-2003, 03:53 AM
heh, u will have to order from sony. try their website.

Diesel
10-07-2003, 07:49 AM
do u think the sony store will have one?

GTS Jeff
10-07-2003, 10:43 AM
Originally posted by Diesel
do u think the sony store will have one? probably not but i maybe they cold order one in for u. is it really so hard to pick up the phone and call them?

xkon
10-07-2003, 11:00 AM
they refer you to a place in BC that sells parts - probably around $50... try ebay!!!

Diesel
10-07-2003, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
probably not but i maybe they cold order one in for u. is it really so hard to pick up the phone and call them?

thanks smart ass....just went to future shop and they gave me one for free.

GTS Jeff
10-07-2003, 10:11 PM

thanks smart ass....just went to future shop and they gave me one for free. dont call me a smart ass. do u even know where that cable came from and why it was free?

they most likely ripped that sony cable off the accessory bag for the demo unit or open box units. what that means is when some poor guy buys the demo, he will be missing a usb cable thanks to you. inconsiderate bitch.

Diesel
10-07-2003, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by GTS Jeff
dont call me a smart ass. do u even know where that cable came from and why it was free?

they most likely ripped that sony cable off the accessory bag for the demo unit or open box units. what that means is when some poor guy buys the demo, he will be missing a usb cable thanks to you. inconsiderate bitch.

wow...your words really hurt. really.

actually I asked the sales guy if he had any mini USB to USB cables in stock. He said no, but had one just lying around that nobody had claimed. I asked him if I could buy it, he then checked with his manager, and his manager gave him the ok to give it to me. I said thanks, shook the guys hand, and saved myself the replacement cost.

Have a great night.

jdmakkord
10-07-2003, 10:39 PM
Monster cable makes a mini to reg usb cord too, too bad its like 80bux:rolleyes:

GTS Jeff
10-08-2003, 12:45 AM

wow...your words really hurt. really.

actually I asked the sales guy if he had any mini USB to USB cables in stock. He said no, but had one just lying around that nobody had claimed. I asked him if I could buy it, he then checked with his manager, and his manager gave him the ok to give it to me. I said thanks, shook the guys hand, and saved myself the replacement cost.

Have a great night. my words arent supposed to hurt. they are supposed to let u know that someone is missing a usb cable cuz of u. that obviously hasnt sunk in though, has it? those cables are never just "lying around" cuz they come with the devices that need them. so someone, somewhere is missing a cable, because of you. how do u know its unclaimed? how do u know that it didnt just fall out of an accessory bag? did the manager check each one?

and thanks for wishing me a great nite. cuz so far, its sucked.

Ed the SOHC
10-08-2003, 01:18 AM
Originally posted by jdmakkord
Monster cable makes a mini to reg usb cord too, too bad its like 80bux:rolleyes:

they do? are you sure it isn't firewire(ieee1394)?

jdmakkord
10-08-2003, 06:11 AM
Originally posted by Ed the SOHC

they do? are you sure it isn't firewire(ieee1394)?

http://monstercable.com/home_av/multimedia/camcorder-computer.asp

1-Bar
10-17-2003, 12:25 AM
monster has cables for anything.....so expensive though. But whats the point of a moster usb. I mean a/v cables are something totally different, but computer stuff is 1s and 0s, so what would be the point??

hampstor
10-17-2003, 06:33 PM
If you guys need mini usb to usb 'A' cables, I know memory express carries them.